Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Some notable names that were expected to be called, didn't hear their name:

Receivers A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf. cornerbacks Greedy Williams, Byron Murphy, and Rock Ya-Sin.

Btw, reading the Giants fans reactions. They seem pretty angry. I am also unsure about how the Raiders did. A lot of analysts didn't think much of their draft.

Most of the teams that were hungry fro a QB took care of their needs. So, the Cardinals will probably get pennies on the dollar for Rosen. Maybe, Miami's still interested, but they'll probably give them a lowball offer. Maybe, that quarterback room will just be very uncomfortable with Murray and Rosen to start the season. Murray will put those legs to good use as he will be running for his life behind that line.

I have seen on multiple sites and publications that the Cowboys 3 biggest needs this draft are S, DL and RB in that order. I do like the needs at S and DL but I feel that the Cowboys would be foolish to draft a RB. I believe I read somewhere the Emmitt Smith also thinks it would be a wasted pick.

Yes we want to protect ourselves behind Zeke, maybe start to limit his touches when not needed to preserve him for later in the season. And we definitely need to protect ourselves in the case of injury. But wasting a pick on a RB to me is not right. We have Jackson still on the roster that can act as RB3 and special teams. This void at RB2 should be with a cheap vet addition that is proven in the NFL. There are backs like Yeldon, Montegomery, and others that can come in and do a good enough job to spell Zeke. While still grooming Jackson.

My preference would be for the Cowboys to keep bolstering the D. We lost D. Wilson at LB, we have a hole at S and DT, and we need to draft with an eye to our DBs not being as is after this season. My best available strategy would be to draft in this order:

DT, LB, S, CB, OT, WR, then RB if someone really falls and is a no brainer.

Why Safety 3rd in priority - because we still have what we had last year and added Iloka who is an upgrade. So the need this year isn't as great as we have already improved.

Why DT 1st - Ultimately Collins and Woods performed admirably last season but as we saw they got chewed up against the RAMS run in playoffs. Crawford will end up being a cap casualty next off season, so having a true disrupter in the middle of the line to go with Lawrence and company would be wise.

LB to me is a must, we lost Wilson. Lee isn't in his prime anymore and anything we get is bonus. Probably gone next season. Thomas is adequate but he is more of a rotation player and special teamer. LVE and Smith cannot play every down. We need to ensure we have depth to keep them fresh. Draft a LB to start grooming to have the best LB core in the NFL. This is where D starts and ends. Make it a strength

And finally OT, yes we resigning Flemming for 2 seasons. Great protect for Smith and Collins injuries. But Collins is probably done after this season with the Cowboys. Unless he really excels and gets better then last season he will be allowed to walk. We should be drafting a project to groom over the next season or so. Flemming is still around worse case scenario next season but we still need the depth.

I think we need to continue to bolster the defense too. They kept us in games the whole season. And I think ultimately the Patriots won because of their defense. The Colts showed the blueprint for how to beat the Cowboys, which I think the Rams took advantage of. The Cowboys are very surehanded on the back end with Byron Jones and Awuzie. Woods was starting to play well. LVE and Jaylon have very good sideline to sideline speed and DLawrence is an under rated run defender. But, right up the middle is the area of weakness. Linebacker is one of the most violent positions, so with all those collisions, it's probably best to have more depth there. That being said, if a foundational franchise player is sitting there in the second round, the Cowboys should go after him regardless of position. Those guys will stick around for years and make huge impacts. These picks, most of them bounce out of the league in less than 3 years, so it's really not value unless you're like the Seahawks and find excellent players with every pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Daboyz View Post
    I have seen on multiple sites and publications that the Cowboys 3 biggest needs this draft are S, DL and RB in that order. I do like the needs at S and DL but I feel that the Cowboys would be foolish to draft a RB. I believe I read somewhere the Emmitt Smith also thinks it would be a wasted pick.

Yes we want to protect ourselves behind Zeke, maybe start to limit his touches when not needed to preserve him for later in the season. And we definitely need to protect ourselves in the case of injury. But wasting a pick on a RB to me is not right. We have Jackson still on the roster that can act as RB3 and special teams. This void at RB2 should be with a cheap vet addition that is proven in the NFL. There are backs like Yeldon, Montegomery, and others that can come in and do a good enough job to spell Zeke. While still grooming Jackson.

My preference would be for the Cowboys to keep bolstering the D. We lost D. Wilson at LB, we have a hole at S and DT, and we need to draft with an eye to our DBs not being as is after this season. My best available strategy would be to draft in this order:

DT, LB, S, CB, OT, WR, then RB if someone really falls and is a no brainer.

Why Safety 3rd in priority - because we still have what we had last year and added Iloka who is an upgrade. So the need this year isn't as great as we have already improved.

Why DT 1st - Ultimately Collins and Woods performed admirably last season but as we saw they got chewed up against the RAMS run in playoffs. Crawford will end up being a cap casualty next off season, so having a true disrupter in the middle of the line to go with Lawrence and company would be wise.

LB to me is a must, we lost Wilson. Lee isn't in his prime anymore and anything we get is bonus. Probably gone next season. Thomas is adequate but he is more of a rotation player and special teamer. LVE and Smith cannot play every down. We need to ensure we have depth to keep them fresh. Draft a LB to start grooming to have the best LB core in the NFL. This is where D starts and ends. Make it a strength

And finally OT, yes we resigning Flemming for 2 seasons. Great protect for Smith and Collins injuries. But Collins is probably done after this season with the Cowboys. Unless he really excels and gets better then last season he will be allowed to walk. We should be drafting a project to groom over the next season or so. Flemming is still around worse case scenario next season but we still need the depth.

iloka isnt an upgrade. iloka cant cover and isnt a good athlete at least not for safeties. he may be a better fit as a box safety compared to heath but heath is the better all around player. you dont sign guys for super cheap and have them be an upgrade unless your team is really, really bad

Giants draft thread is hilarious. For the most part most feel about Jones that everyone feels about jones but there are a couple of butt chuggers over there tossing Gettlemans salad. Apparently if you arent a scout or a nfl GM you cant comment on the draft picks unless everything is roses and you need two full years to give draft grades to players, after they are drafted.

also its became a pissing match. someone names RCSownsU is saying people need to talk to a therapist about their PSD name of their handles.

Even if the Giants really like Daniel Jones, Gettleman should have more draft awareness. Teams were not eager to draft Daniel Jones that high. He could have had Jones later in the draft and not waste the #6 pick, which is extremely valuable. A lot of these players are good players, but certain teams just squander their picks by picking guys way too high. Saquon's a special talent that's being wasted in New York. Just from a fun perspective, it'd be more fun to see Saquon paired with the Chiefs, but usually these super talents a la Barry Sanders get stuck playing for a dumpster fire team.

As for Josh Rosen, it's looking like the Cardinals will take a loss on Rosen. They gave away a lot to get that #10 pick last year. Now, they are most likely going to get the #48 pick from Miami, who still wants something back like a 3rd.

Looks like 3 top safteys are gonne be there for boys. Thornhill, Rapp, Thompson or DT Hill or DE Ferguson. Those are starters day 1 at position of need.

Gross. I hope the kid will become a player. This is our Daniel Jones. Maybe we can move back up with all this talent falling and all these reaches going on around us before the cost becomes too great.

The Giants did the Redskins a favor by picking Daniel Jones. The Redskins didn't even have to give up anything to get the quarterback they wanted all along.

i wanted james over LVE and that worked out for us, hopefully Hill will for us as well

but i have a feeling even if Hill does that the combo the chargers now have at safety will give me wood for years

and now safeties are wiped outside of gardner-johnson

Is there any person in the second round that you feel teams will regret not taking a few years from now?

Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Mike Singletary, Micahel Strahan, Rob Gronkowski, Bobby Wagner and Devin Hester were all famously chosen in the second round after being passed over for lesser talented players.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    i wanted james over LVE and that worked out for us, hopefully Hill will for us as well

but i have a feeling even if Hill does that the combo the chargers now have at safety will give me wood for years
    Well, LVE wasn't really on any of the mock drafts. So kudos to the Cowboys for picking him. Most mock drafts had that receiver that went to the Falcons as their pick.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast