Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cross country road trip NJ - Cali suggestions

Going on cross country road trip with lady friend. Been on one before but not this far, any tips, suggestions? Mostly sight seeing national parks. Open to anything interesting or cool though. Essentially going NJ to WV to TN through Texas to NM to Mesa Verde then all the spots and parks around Grand Canyon. Then Hoover Dam and Vegas to Laguna Beach CA and up to Mt Ranier in Washington with lots of stops between. Then glacier national park, Yellowstone and home pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

If you've never done Pacific Coast Highway between San Luis Obispo and Monterey Bay, Do It.

That much driving just sounds awful

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cross country road trip NJ - Cali suggestions

Drove from SLC, Utah to Georgia once. Hit Devilís Tower, Mt. Rushmore, Grand Tetons/Jackson Hole, maybe a rodeo in Cody, WY. Check out the Badlands in SD, and maybe the Indy 500 speedway. Once I got through Indiana I floored it to GA. Fave part of the drive was going up through a box canyon to Bighorn Mountain ó I think in Montana.

If you drive through PA, Route 80 detour south after Pittsburgh. Visit Falling Water in Ohiopyle, PA by Frank Lloyd Wright, then check out the Youghigheny ( fckn impossible to spell) River for an innertube float or raft the rapids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dugmet; 04-18-2019 at 07:17 PM.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt

The summer after my freshman year in college I drove out to Oregon with my sister, from New York state. She went to Oregon for her masters. We drove to Chicago and then to Omaha and then to Denver fairly quickly.

We spent some time in Rocky Mountain National Park. We then took I70 to Utah and spent time at Arches, Capital Reef, Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. I absolutely LOVED Utah and want nothing more than to go back and spend days at each of those parks. Even random little highways were gorgeous (like Route 128 from I70 to Arches). Beautiful state.

We then went to the Grand Canyon and spent some time in Arizona (Sedona). Then Hoover Dam, Vegas, Death Valley.

Then Yosemite, which was amazing but we didn't have time to spend there. We then drove to the coast and took the 1 and 101 up to Oregon. Which took some time but was fun.

Initially we were going to do Yellowstone, the Badlands and stuff like that. We had been to Yellowstone, and while I'd love to do those (you mentioned Glacier which I'd love to visit). Banff is at the top of my list too but that's obviously way up there.

You really can't do wrong. Our National Parks are all wonderful. Make sure to get a Parks Pass or whatever it's called. For like $50 or something you can get access to all the Parks.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

Going up the coast you mill Yosemite, death Valley, Tioga Pass, Monitor Pass etc

https://www.nps.gov/yose/index.htm

I was going to order slip Death Valley because Iím heading to Laguna beach after Vegas and then sequoia and others. But everyone is suggesting Death Valley so I might add it

I was going to order slip Death Valley because Iím heading to Laguna beach after Vegas and then sequoia and others. But everyone is suggesting Death Valley so I might add it
    It would add about 3 days but you could go up 395 out of Death Valley to Lee Vinning, take 120 West over Tioga Pass, go through Yosemite and take the south exit and down to LA, maybe 400+ miles longer. You can't google Map it right now unless you set your trip date in the summer as 120 is still closed for winter, it should be open by Memorial day.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    It would add about 3 days but you could go up 395 out of Death Valley to Lee Vinning, take 120 West over Tioga Pass, go through Yosemite and take the south exit and down to LA, maybe 400+ miles longer. You can't google Map it right now unless you set your trip date in the summer as 120 is still closed for winter, it should be open by Memorial day.
    The views looking east from the top of the Sierra are pretty spectacular on a clear day or if there are thunderstorms 100 miles away.
    If you want a real "E" ticket drive go over Monitor pass heading east, drops about 3000 feet going about a mile east.

https://www.aaroads.com/california/ca-089sr.html

Going on cross country road trip with lady friend. Been on one before but not this far, any tips, suggestions? Mostly sight seeing national parks. Open to anything interesting or cool though. Essentially going NJ to WV to TN through Texas to NM to Mesa Verde then all the spots and parks around Grand Canyon. Then Hoover Dam and Vegas to Laguna Beach CA and up to Mt Ranier in Washington with lots of stops between. Then glacier national park, Yellowstone and home pretty much.
    You should stop at six flags in Jackson [emoji3]

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Pictures of Yosemite falls in the paper https://www.sfgate.com/travel/articl...l-13794900.php

Did you stop at the Great Falls in Paterson?

We stayed at Great Falls in Paterson. Very beautiful and picturesque place. Words can not describe, you need to see at least once in your life. We had a small breakdown on the spot, but we subdued everything thanks to best edc multitool. Therefore, our journey was not overshadowed, and we set off on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianross View Post
    We stayed at Great Falls in Paterson. Very beautiful and picturesque place. Words can not describe, you need to see at least once in your life. We had a small breakdown on the spot, but we subdued everything thanks to best edc multitool. Therefore, our journey was not overshadowed, and we set off on the road.
    Once you get to LA start checking the wildfire maps, you may need to alter your trip

https://www.dnr.wa.gov/wildfires

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/

https://maps.nwcg.gov/sa/#/%3F/42.9859/-119.9792/7
    Last edited by SfgiantsJD3; 08-13-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianross View Post
    Nice anyone that visits Patterson on vacation is the ****