Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    MJL80: LOL!, thought I got away with that little venting session there, but you caught me!—to be honest I wrote more, crapped on Panarin for not signing here but deleted and I thought to myself I rather keep Kreider anyway. Then boom the signing was announced. And all was right again in Ranger Universe and I instantly flipped again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    The 8 mil. We are currently under the cap by is ALL going to Trouba. I’m thinking ADA,Buchnevich and Lemieux at a 30% raise would come out to 4.2 mil.So we need to come up with that 4.2 mil. Adding Kakko & Kravstov is another 1.85 mil. Once Beleskey is sent down we clear 400k, McKegg clears another 750k , send down Smith, it’s 1 mil. So 6.05 mil. minus 2.15 mil. Means we need to clear 3.9 mil. Namestnikov does that.

Everyone is talking about Kreider’s extention, but as far as this year goes he’s locked in at 4.625 mil. so it’s not effecting our cap. If Kreider gets the 7 mil. per contract he is rumored to get it still doesn’t effect our cap because Kreider this yr. is 4.625 mil. Girardi’s buyout goes from 3.61 mil. This year down to 1.11 mil. Next year, so the 2.5 mil. Difference in Girardi’s buyout would go to Kreider’s raise.
    Great post. Yup, the arbitration hearing is set for July 25th. I can't see Trouba not getting the $8M. It'll be interesting to see how the arbitration goes for Buch & Lemieux which then brings us back to Kreider. Unless Gorton can move: Strome, Namestnkov, and a little more fat to trim, I can't see Kreider staying all throughout this coming season.

Rangers will have $25M off the books when: Lundqvist, Shattenkirk, Smith and Staal come off the books but that's not for another 2 seasons.

Gorton has to have a plan because he wouldn't sign McKegg (over Boyle) if he didn't know who is going and who is staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    MJL80: LOL!, thought I got away with that little venting session there, but you caught me!—to be honest I wrote more, crapped on Panarin for not signing here but deleted and I thought to myself I rather keep Kreider anyway. Then boom the signing was announced. And all was right again in Ranger Universe and I instantly flipped again.
    I could not be happier with the way the offseason has unfolded, excited to see this team develop. The Trouba deal will take pressure off of Fox and D'Angelo. The Kakko pick takes pressure off of Kravtsov. And the Panarin signing takes pressure off of Kakko….. Just the perfect storm for the new additions.

I still think we're just a tad outside of a playoff spot, but it wouldn't shock me one bit if we're in it to the end, or even find a way to sneak in -- Too much talent on this team now.

Work is not done, still moves for Gorton to make. I'd really like to find a way to get Gusev from the VGK.

Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    I could not be happier with the way the offseason has unfolded, excited to see this team develop. The Trouba deal will take pressure off of Fox and D'Angelo. The Kakko pick takes pressure off of Kravtsov. And the Panarin signing takes pressure off of Kakko….. Just the perfect storm for the new additions.

I still think we're just a tad outside of a playoff spot, but it wouldn't shock me one bit if we're in it to the end, or even find a way to sneak in -- Too much talent on this team now.

Work is not done, still moves for Gorton to make. I'd really like to find a way to get Gusev from the VGK.
    I mean if we’re nitpicking, Tampa could have won the cup, Dallas could have won the game 7 in the second round, then decided to give Zucc the contract he was asking for. Edmonton could have given us their 8th overall pick for Kreider, so we could take Zegras. All these teams trading for bad defensemen could have taken one or both of ours. Buchnevich and Trouba could have signed long term below their projected value. With all that said, this is just nitpicking and I’m tremendously excited about the way it’s played out so far.

I would like to be able to acquire Gusev too. I think he’d be an absolute steal. He’s another right handed left wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a bit disappointed that Smith and Shattenkirk haven't found a spot somewhere else yet,that's my only issue with the offseason. I'm not a fan of buyouts so hoping something happens. Jeff Gorton was the right guy for this job.

There no way we can even consider Gusev until we clear cap space first.

Right now our first priority is clearing cap space.

Kakko has officially signed

eeted

CapFriendly
    @CapFriendly
    ·
    9h
    In line with past 2nd overall picks, Kaapo Kakko's ELC with the NY #Rangers breaks down as follows:

$925k cap hit / $3.575M AAV

$832,500 Base (all 3 yrs)
    $92,500 Signing Bonus (all 3 yrs)
    $850,000 A Bonus (all 3 yrs)
    $1,800,000 B Bonus (all 3 yrs)
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 07-11-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Essentially Trouba wants more than what the Rangers have left in cap space (roughly $6-7M). I'm guessing he wants $10M/season. The arbitration case should be interesting...

That said.

Buchnevich is going to lose his arbitration case. He'll get maybe $3M.

At this point, Gorton has to consider moving Kreider soon.

On a separate note: Would've loved to trade for Artem Anisimov

Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    On a separate note: Would've loved to trade for Artem Anisimov
    Imo he wasnt special when we had him, he is even more vanilla now. I mean, he is a big body center who isnt physical, is average or less than average faceoff guy, has been above 40 points what 2 or 3 times in his career, and when you consider he was on a line with Kane and Panarin for a bit his point totals are devastatingly bad. Put anyone with Kane and he should get 60 points. All these old Rangers Callahan, Anisimov, Boyle, Gaborik, Nash, Zuccarello, Hayes McDonagh,Prust, and even my boy Dubinsky etc etc were all moved or let go at the right time imo. I cant look back on too many of those moves that seemed bad in hindsight now, bringing any of them back would be a bad idea imo.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Imo he wasnt special when we had him, he is even more vanilla now. I mean, he is a big body center who isnt physical, is average or less than average faceoff guy, has been above 40 points what 2 or 3 times in his career, and when you consider he was on a line with Kane and Panarin for a bit his point totals are devastatingly bad. Put anyone with Kane and he should get 60 points. All these old Rangers Callahan, Anisimov, Boyle, Gaborik, Nash, Zuccarello, Hayes McDonagh,Prust, and even my boy Dubinsky etc etc were all moved or let go at the right time imo. I cant look back on too many of those moves that seemed bad in hindsight now, bringing any of them back would be a bad idea imo.
    I agree with what you’re saying about the guys we let go although I think it would have been pretty exciting to see what Gaborik would have done under AV. As much as everyone dumps on AV for the last few years of his tenure, the first two went pretty well, and I really think Gaborik is a player who’s game would have thrived in that situation. That being said, we acquired Brassard in return, who was a monster in the playoffs and a fan favorite here, and then Brassard turned into Zibanejad, so I can’t be too upset about how it turned out. Although if we had Gaborik and the Kings didn’t, we might have won in 2014. Who knows though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Essentially Trouba wants more than what the Rangers have left in cap space (roughly $6-7M). I'm guessing he wants $10M/season. The arbitration case should be interesting...

That said.

Buchnevich is going to lose his arbitration case. He'll get maybe $3M.

At this point, Gorton has to consider moving Kreider soon.
    Where are you pulling $10M from? LITERALLY everyone that has any knowledge of the situation has been saying between $7M and $8M. There’s no way he can realistically think he would get $10M.

Also no one is going to arbitration. The last player the Rangers took to arbitration was Zherdev. They always come to a deal just before the hearing. And Buchnevich wants a bridge deal, because he’s betting on himself to break out this year or next, so if he did go to arbitration he’d be getting what he wants, because he can only be awarded a one or two year contract. He has that leverage, so he’s likely getting a bridge unless they get to a number he likes on a long term contract.

And that is all dependent on him even being here at that point. Gorton knows someone has to go to be able to sign the RFA’s, most importantly Trouba. Namestnikov, Strome, Smith, Shattenkirk are the ones that are most expendable, then Kreider and Staal (because they value his leadership), then Buchnevich if need be. They are all under consideration to be moved to varying degrees. Buchnevich has been rumored to be “on the trade block”, but I would imagine only to acquire a player that fits into a top six center role that would be here long term. That is the only conceivable reason to trade a good young controllable player that is absolutely trending upward.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314