Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 120 of 120
  1. #106
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    This is the best analysis you can pull from the recesses of your ***? He only struggled in the biggest series of the year -- after browbeating teammates and coaches all year on his postseason acumen. We're talking A-ROD level fraud.

    And your best retort: he's talented so therefore he must be retained because ability alone wins in NBA. It's really lame and tone deaf to how complex building a winning program is.
    Itís the truth. Imagine judging someone on one postseason series. Brutal.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,194
    As mentioned in some posts earlier. Best course of action here is to move on from Kyrie. If we can S&T and get some picks even better. If not let him walk.

    After Roziers comments last night he can walk too.

    I would love to continue to build around Tatum/Brown and have the offense flow through a healthy Gordon Hayward next year.

    If Al opts our, resign him long term at a team friendly deal. If he doesnít - even better.

    Iíd like to bring Morris back as well

    A couple players Iíd like to get my hands on

    Patrick Beverly - heís the type of veteran PG this team needs. Defense, gritty, capable of shooting.

    Pat Connaughton - he has a non guaranteed contract but Iíd venture to guess MIL will pick it up. However, we may be able to get him in a trade if we can offer them some cap relief by taking on a bad contract so they can resign the likes of Middleton, Lopez and Mirotic. He can shoot. He was a royal pest this series and heís a SG that rebounds like a PF. He would bring great energy, toughness and shooting to this team.

    Jared Dudley - Vet minimum guy at the end of his run. But heís capable in small minutes or Incase of injury. But bringing him in is more for a locker room presence which this team needs after this disaster of a year.

    Lastly
    IT - if heís willing to come back in a small contract and take whatever role we give him, heíd be great in the locker room and a microwave scoring option off the bench

    PG - Beverly/IT
    SG - Brown/Smart
    SF - Hayward/Connaughton
    PF - Tatum/Morris/Theis
    C - Horford/Baynes

    Not a championship team, however competitive playoff team. But if Kyrie goes and the unlikelihood that guys like KD or Kawhi are interested in coming here there really isnít much of a path to get there anyways. Continue to groom a positive culture and the talents of Tatum and Brown as well as draft well. In 2 years we may be in position to bring in another star or 2 and try for a Chip again

  3. #108
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Those are bad numbers for the entire playoffs. The past 4 games are even worse...So what's your point? He's been awful. A net negative to this team.
    Nah. He was fine in the first series. This series he wasnít efficient.

    Yup and he also said he'd make up for them...He didn't...

    Sure did, and it was much more enjoyable to watch than these past 4 games with Kyrie...
    Thatís probably because you have a loser mentality. Youíd rather see the fun, gritty, mirage Celtics than a team that actually has championship level talent. Youíre soft just like the new generation.

    And I've said as much, but none of these were as bad as Kyrie.
    They were worse. If people knew their roles this team would still be playing. The teamís problems wouldíve been figured out in November.

    Agreed, because LeBron...
    No, because they lacked offensive talent that could actually win a playoff game against good teams.

    So win totals mean nothing? How are you proving they're better then?
    They mean a little. You can use them relatively in comparisons. That #1 seed Celtics team is an example of why regular season win totals canít be read into too much. The Sixers are better based on the fact that theyíve already won more games in the playoffs this year than last, against a SIGNIFICANTLY better team.

    They were still leaders of the team and very clutch. Losing them has been felt as well as Kawhi.
    Parker was a below average player last year. Manu maybe slightly above average. Please, donít be this stupid. I know youíre not so why act like it.

    I can name plenty of teams with a star that aren't very good. Lakers, Pelicans, Pistons, Wizards, Hornets, Wolves (when they had Butler)
    Thatís not what I asked. Run that back turbo.

    ďName me a team without a star thatís really good. Iíll wait. Stars win in this league.Ē

    Stars on good teams win in this league...That's what history says. Name me a championship team with 1 star and a crappy surrounding cast that's won a championship...You can't. There have been instances, though few, where teams with no stars have won. Detroit Pistons being the most recent.
    I mean if youíre considering this Celtics supporting cast ďcrappyĒ, sure. Stars win. Plain and simple.

    The Pistons had 5 really good players.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,194
    You're a special kind of stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Nah. He was fine in the first series. This series he wasnít efficient.
    He had 1 great game against IND....Game 2. The other 3 he shot 17 for 49...Not great.

    Thatís probably because you have a loser mentality. Youíd rather see the fun, gritty, mirage Celtics than a team that actually has championship level talent. Youíre soft just like the new generation.
    Yeah the guy who likes Kyrie, one of the softest players mentally and physically in the NBA is going to call the guy who likes heart, grit and toughness - a loser mentality? As I said, you're a special kind of stupid.

    They were worse. If people knew their roles this team would still be playing. The teamís problems wouldíve been figured out in November.
    Who's job is it to get everyone on the same page? That would be the leader. That was supposed to be Kyrie. Try again bud.

    No, because they lacked offensive talent that could actually win a playoff game against good teams.
    And again, nope. They just played the greatest player of this generation. Simple as that.

    They mean a little. You can use them relatively in comparisons. That #1 seed Celtics team is an example of why regular season win totals canít be read into too much. The Sixers are better based on the fact that theyíve already won more games in the playoffs this year than last, against a SIGNIFICANTLY better team.
    And how do you quantify Toronto being a better team than Boston was last year?

    Parker was a below average player last year. Manu maybe slightly above average. Please, donít be this stupid. I know youíre not so why act like it.
    Yep, again, with this guy....Clutch play and leadership mean nothing. If you're not a star you suck and you're insignificant.

    Thatís not what I asked. Run that back turbo
    ďName me a team without a star thatís really good. Iíll wait. Stars win in this league.Ē
    Clearly you can't read...I did answer your question further down. STARS ON GOOD TEAMS WIN. Answer my question. Name me a star on a bad team that's won....You can't.

    I mean if youíre considering this Celtics supporting cast ďcrappyĒ, sure. Stars win. Plain and simple.
    I'm considering this Celtics team as a bad fit for Kyrie (the star) game. Just like the cast in LAL didn't fit LeBrons game....Comprehension level getting very low here.

    The Pistons had 5 really good players.
    And no star. Case closed. Goodnight son. Go read a book.

    City of Champions

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    WOOSTA
    Posts
    4,737
    Havenít been on in a while but just wanted to say Bye Kyrie!! This team was pathetic this year. The season was done when Giannis went to the bench with 8mins to go in the 3rd (game 4) and the buck pulled ahead by 10.....pathetic.

    Kyrie caused cancer in the locker room by constantly making it a circus and criticizing the young players. Dudes not a 1 and not a leader.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    WOOSTA
    Posts
    4,737
    P.S. I think itíll be a sign and trade with Kyrie. He wants his money and we can get something back

  7. #112
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    You're a special kind of stupid



    He had 1 great game against IND....Game 2. The other 3 he shot 17 for 49...Not great.
    Who said great? Reading comprehension.

    Yeah the guy who likes Kyrie, one of the softest players mentally and physically in the NBA is going to call the guy who likes heart, grit and toughness - a loser mentality? As I said, you're a special kind of stupid.
    And youíre a loser lol. You said those you enjoyed those Celtics teams that had no shot at a championship. Loser mentality, from a loser.

    Who's job is it to get everyone on the same page? That would be the leader. That was supposed to be Kyrie. Try again bud.
    Umm, the coach? Talk about a special kind of stupid.

    And again, nope. They just played the greatest player of this generation. Simple as that.
    No... they literally couldnít score lol. They put up 79 points in a game 7.

    And how do you quantify Toronto being a better team than Boston was last year?
    By having a brain.

    If you want to play the idiotic ďbut how do we know the Warriors are better than the KnicksĒ card and ignore common sense:

    They had more wins, a 6 point differential compared to 3.6 for the 17/18 Celtics over the whole season.

    Yep, again, with this guy....Clutch play and leadership mean nothing. If you're not a star you suck and you're insignificant.
    If you donít have stars your team doesnít win.

    Clearly you can't read...I did answer your question further down. STARS ON GOOD TEAMS WIN. Answer my question. Name me a star on a bad team that's won....You can't.
    Why do you think those teams are good? Holy **** youíre dumb.

    You realize that question makes absolutely no sense right? One player canít carry a team alone. Closest thing is LeBron a few years ago on the Cavs.

    I'm considering this Celtics team as a bad fit for Kyrie (the star) game. Just like the cast in LAL didn't fit LeBrons game....Comprehension level getting very low here.
    Except thatís not what you said at all in the part I quoted lol.

    ďName me a championship team with 1 star and a crappy surrounding cast that's won a championship.Ē

    And no star. Case closed. Goodnight son. Go read a book.
    So youíre using one exception over decades of basketball? Good for you, little man.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    11,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    The game 1 that we won in blowout fashion? Do you even watch the games?
    Stop with all the excuses. Just admit the Bucks were and have been the better team all season. There was no way anyone here believed this team was gonna beat Milwaukee and those that do did are full of crap. So explain to me way they couldnít win at least two games?

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Who said great? Reading comprehension.



    And youíre a loser lol. You said those you enjoyed those Celtics teams that had no shot at a championship. Loser mentality, from a loser.



    Umm, the coach? Talk about a special kind of stupid.



    No... they literally couldnít score lol. They put up 79 points in a game 7.



    By having a brain.

    If you want to play the idiotic ďbut how do we know the Warriors are better than the KnicksĒ card and ignore common sense:

    They had more wins, a 6 point differential compared to 3.6 for the 17/18 Celtics over the whole season.



    If you donít have stars your team doesnít win.



    Why do you think those teams are good? Holy **** youíre dumb.

    You realize that question makes absolutely no sense right? One player canít carry a team alone. Closest thing is LeBron a few years ago on the Cavs.



    Except thatís not what you said at all in the part I quoted lol.

    ďName me a championship team with 1 star and a crappy surrounding cast that's won a championship.Ē



    So youíre using one exception over decades of basketball? Good for you, little man.
    Iím done arguing with a child. Good day. Facts are usually nice. Insults and acting a child wonít get you anywhere. Just a tip. I now remember why I donít post here anymore. If I wanted to be insulted for no reason Iíd just talk to my wife. Quality and intelligence on this board has plummeted (no offense to the ones who contribute well thought out points and donít hurl childish insults). Iíll still by mine though, youíre a special kind of stupid

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Iím done arguing with a child. Good day. Facts are usually nice. Insults and acting a child wonít get you anywhere. Just a tip. I now remember why I donít post here anymore. If I wanted to be insulted for no reason Iíd just talk to my wife. Quality and intelligence on this board has plummeted (no offense to the ones who contribute well thought out points and donít hurl childish insults). Iíll still by mine though, youíre a special kind of stupid
    There's always a reason, but our wives are the only one's who know them...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,957
    I'm chalking this season up as one where the circle blocks couldn't fit in the square holes...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Itís the truth. Imagine judging someone on one postseason series. Brutal.
    You demean teammates all season as less experienced, then post a .385 FG% in the postseason? .061 WS/48. No hyperbole - maybe the biggest fraud to ever don a Boston uniform.

    Who would ever take his leadership seriously again?

    Just take the L bro and use this as a learning experience. You fell in love and got burned. Use logic/reason next time for better results.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Iím done arguing with a child. Good day. Facts are usually nice. Insults and acting a child wonít get you anywhere. Just a tip. I now remember why I donít post here anymore. If I wanted to be insulted for no reason Iíd just talk to my wife. Quality and intelligence on this board has plummeted (no offense to the ones who contribute well thought out points and donít hurl childish insults). Iíll still by mine though, youíre a special kind of stupid
    LMAO. You hurled the first insult, ďYou're a special kind of stupidĒ.

    Good idea to back out once I started bringing up stats that you couldnít handle. I stick by mine too I guess, youíre a loser.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    You demean teammates all season as less experienced, then post a .385 FG% in the postseason? .061 WS/48. No hyperbole - maybe the biggest fraud to ever don a Boston uniform.

    Who would ever take his leadership seriously again?

    Just take the L bro and use this as a learning experience. You fell in love and got burned. Use logic/reason next time for better results.
    Except an 82 game season far outweighs a tiny playoff sample. Anyone can have a bad week, and history shows that.

    I havenít changed my stance at all. Losing Kyrie will be the worst thing to happen to Boston sports this decade, and probably even further back. Complete failure by the organization after being gifted a star. We wonít see a player of his offensive caliber don a Celtics jersey for many, many years.

    There was no ďLĒ taken by me, only you.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Except an 82 game season far outweighs a tiny playoff sample. Anyone can have a bad week, and history shows that.

    I havenít changed my stance at all. Losing Kyrie will be the worst thing to happen to Boston sports this decade, and probably even further back. Complete failure by the organization after being gifted a star. We wonít see a player of his offensive caliber don a Celtics jersey for many, many years.

    There was no ďLĒ taken by me, only you.
    For the 'keep Kyrie' camp, where's the failure by the Celtics exactly? He's choosing to leave on his own volition. No amount of money (supermax) or deals (Davis and/or Durant) will dissuade that. Beyond team control. That's his personality: burn things around him and move on, just like his big brother in LA.

    There only failure was not moving Kyrie at the deadline if you wanna talk failure.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •