Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Kyrie gets credit when they win but he's a huge reason they're losing these last 2 games

I honestly hope they lose this series. This team does not deserve to move on with this **** show they just displayed

3 straight losses who woulda thought? What a frustrating season, just seems like another one wasted.

Milwaukee is just a better team

Iím starting to get Carmelo vibes from Tatum and Iím absolutely terrified.

I pray we can make a package for Davis and Kyrie stays. Outside of that, we wonít be raising a banner for a long time.

This team is just plain hard to watch. Will be a very interesting offseason starting Thursday.

They need to pick a direction because the talent around Kyrie doesnít match him outside of Horford and Morris. The young guys and Hayward are just bystanders while Kyrie either dribbles the ball (LeBron ball) or avoids touching the ball. It doesnít match. Tatum and Kyrie canít both be on the floor together as iso players. Hayward just isnít right. Heís too timid, has no burst and canít jump.

We either have to go all in on Kyrie and trade the young guys (Tatum and Brown) or let Kyrie leave and build around the young core. This team as constructed isnít winning anything.

Iíd be active early and see if we can swing a Horford and Tatum deal for Davis. And if that goes down try and convince KD to jump on board. I think if we offered Hayward and Brown in a sign and trade GS may bite on that vs losing him for nothing.

Thatís all unlikely and timing would be short to bring that all together. Best bet, help facilitate Kyries departure and collect some picks. Make Tatum your centerpiece- if Hayward can come back to 90% of what he once was theyíre styles compliment well, same with Brown as a slasher. Will have to draft extremely well this route though.

Unfortunately the future is much more hazy than it was a year ago...

Also, I hope Stevens learned some valuable lessons this season. He did not coach this group well this year. I still think heís a top coach Xís And Oís wise but he did not handle the NBA egos well this year. If he wants to win a championship he will need to learn how to do so. This season is where we missed Doc.

Unlike Doc, I don't think Stevens can handle super superstars... The same way Doc couldn't handle the youth... Neither is that bad IMO...

I'm assuming the post-season ended last night, maybe even a few nights ago...

DA has some big decisions to make...

*I don't see any AD deal happening with Boston... If he leaves NO, it won't be to the C's... *

1) First up is to let AL opt-out and sign him to a deal to finish his career in green... He's the C's heart...

2) DA needs to see where Kyrie wants to sign and play... Squeeze the best S&T deal out of it...

3) I also think Morris is a keeper... I'd even go after his brother... Having them both off the bench would be very good...

4) I think DA doesn't move Rozier...

5)Hopefully Baynes opts in, so I'll put him on the roster...

6)If Baynes opts out, re-sign Theis...

Now for Kyrie...

Knocking Kyrie because he's had possibly the worst possible post season in his career and unfortunately happened this season isn't gonna help anything... The difference between Kyrie and IT was the C's caught lightning in a bottle with IT... He was shooting at a hula hoop... Stevens was along for the Thomas show...
    Kyrie needs to be moved for the best package... I've said to let him go, but a S&T needs to be done...

A) Knicks would be ideal because of the 19' 1st... They also have DS JR, Robinson, Trier...

B) Nets have 2 1st's... #16 and #27... Also LeVert, Harris (both good shooters), Hollis Jeferson...

C) Clips have Miami's 21 unprotected 1st... Shai Gilgeous-Alexander...

Now for the players still on the roster for 19'/20'

I hate Hayward at this moment, but I still see flashes of what he has done prior to the injury... Keep him... He also should start, which IMO not having Kyrie back will help him...

I think JT and JB has shown some promise these last two post seasons... I expect they can handle taking on a bigger scoring role next season...

The PG position IMO is the most important decision of the 19' off season... Unless Stevens feels Smart can handle the PG position...

Stevens needs a PG he can control... I'd look into Cory Joseph as a FA... He can still be a starting PG in the league...

Lots of 19' 1st rd picks will be very good assets once the ping pong balls drop...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    1)First up is to let AL opt-out and sign him to a deal to finish his career in green... He's the C's heart...
    This only works if he's taking a discount. I'm not in opposition to it, it just doesn't make much sense for Horford who's 32 and will be 33 by next season. So realistically he has 3 good but heading down seasons left.

Option A for Horford is take the $30M and then hope for a 3 year $30-45M deal next offseason. That gives him $60-75M the rest of his career.
    Option B for Horford is to opt out and go to the highest Bidder, I wouldn't rule out a 4 year $80M deal for him this offseason from a desperate team trying to jump forward. He won't and shouldn't get that from us.
    Option C for Horford is to opt out and take a home town discount for something like 4 for $50M.

Not sure what he'll do. I'd like to keep him, but that all depends on the direction we choose. If we're regressing back to building around Tatum/Brown, I might opt to trade him to a true contender.

2) DA needs to see where Kyrie wants to sign and play... Squeeze the best S&T deal out of it...
    This is ideal, but hard work. Limited teams will want to give something to get him and Kyries list of teams he wants to go to I imagine is even shorter.

3) I also think Morris is a keeper... I'd even go after his brother... Having them both off the bench would be very good...
    Love Morris. Doubt he stays if Kyrie goes.

4) I think DA doesn't move Rozier...
    Unless we get him on a 1 RFA tender...He's a goner. Suns will throw money at him.

5)Hopefully Baynes opts in, so I'll put him on the roster...
    Agreed

6)If Baynes opts out, re-sign Theis...
    Re-sign Theis independent of Baynes. One has nothing to do with the other.

Now for Kyrie...

Knocking Kyrie because he's had possibly the worst possible post season in his career and unfortunately happened this season isn't gonna help anything... The difference between Kyrie and IT was the C's caught lightning in a bottle with IT... He was shooting at a hula hoop... Stevens was along for the Thomas show...
    Kyrie needs to be moved for the best package... I've said to let him go, but a S&T needs to be done...

A) Knicks would be ideal because of the 19' 1st... They also have DS JR, Robinson, Trier...

B) Nets have 2 1st's... #16 and #27... Also LeVert, Harris (both good shooters), Hollis Jeferson...

C) Clips have Miami's 21 unprotected 1st... Shai Gilgeous-Alexander...
    You're not sniffing a draft pick in the top 10 in a sign and trade. Why would the Knicks give up #1 when they can sign him and give Kyrie Zion to play alongside of. Doesn't make sense.

You might get a mid to late first and a role player in a sign and trade. Unless he's going to a contender with no cap...But I don't see a fit on any of those teams - they all have PG's or players who dominate the ball (Giannis, Simmons, Harden, Curry)
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 05-07-2019 at 03:13 PM.

City of Champions

All season Kyrie wacked around coaches and teammates with his playoff pedigree - he alone was the oracle to title 18, remember? Said everything was gonna be alright 'because I'm here'. Recently reminded everyone he's a 'genius'.

Now on the big stage, without Bron's coattails to ride, he's laid an egg going 19 for 62. Points, but some of the most egregious hero ball I can remember. Says 'so what?' when challenged on the stats, walks off the court like a baby. How does this get better with more security again? And more talent to share the rock with?

He looks totally overmatched. Sucks for the Celts, great for the league. The toxic LeBron circle looks like it's dying on the vine. One of the positives of this season: less ostentatious, more likable players are getting their due.
    Last edited by elements1985; 05-07-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    You're not sniffing a draft pick in the top 10 in a sign and trade. Why would the Knicks give up #1 when they can sign him and give Kyrie Zion to play alongside of. Doesn't make sense.

You might get a mid to late first and a role player in a sign and trade. Unless he's going to a contender with no cap...But I don't see a fit on any of those teams - they all have PG's or players who dominate the ball (Giannis, Simmons, Harden, Curry)
    Because Kyrie gets more money in a S&T so that will be his preference if he leaves.
    Last edited by ZH721; 05-08-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Anyone who thinks Kyrie is the main or only problem with this team needs to stop watching basketball immediately. How dull can you be? Itís like none of you watched game 7 of the ECF last year or the NBA for the past 10 years.

Did you not watch the 2014-2016 Celtics? Those star-lacking teams donít win. You canít win with ďdepthĒ or ďgritĒ in the NBA. Itís doesnít happen. This league is about stars, guys who can score in big moments, in the playoffs.

If Kyrie leaves it will be the biggest Boston blunder this decade, maybe even longer. We STOLE him from Cleveland and now he might leave for nothing. Ainge deserves massive scrutiny, along with Stevens, along with ownership. Just maddening to see how bad this organization ****ed up when they were gifted a young star.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Because Kyrie gets more money in a S&T so that will be giants preference if he leaves.
    Yes but that only benefits Kyrie not the team trading away assets. The Knicks arenít going to trade the #1 pick in the draft so Kyrie can get more money- if they did they should fire their entire front office.

It comes down to this

Option 1 - Kyrie can take the most money from the Celtics and stay with the Celtics. (Personally I hate the thought of this but it is still a possibility)

Option 2 - Kyrie tells Boston heís leaving and pursues other teams offers.

Sign and trades are rare. Because you have to appease 3 parties. The team losing the player. The player themselves and the team getting the player.

The Knicks having to give up the #1 pick to get Kyrie in no way satisfies the Knicks.

The Knicks will say take a 4 year max or go play elsewhere. Or we might give up a mid first round pick and a role player if thatís what it takes. But in no way would they give more. It makes no sense to give more

City of Champions

Anyone who thinks Kyrie is the main or only problem with this team needs to stop watching basketball immediately. How dull can you be? Itís like none of you watched game 7 of the ECF last year or the NBA for the past 10 years.

Did you not watch the 2014-2016 Celtics? Those star-lacking teams donít win. You canít win with ďdepthĒ or ďgritĒ in the NBA. Itís doesnít happen. This league is about stars, guys who can score in big moments, in the playoffs.

If Kyrie leaves it will be the biggest Boston blunder this decade, maybe even longer. We STOLE him from Cleveland and now he might leave for nothing. Ainge deserves massive scrutiny, along with Stevens, along with ownership. Just maddening to see how bad this organization ****ed up when they were gifted a young star.
    Nobody said heís the only problem. Iíve stated Brad has not coached well this year. There have been other minor problems as well (Rozier not buying in for his own interests, Tatum has not played well in the playoffs, etc)

But make no mistake - Kyrie is the main problem.
    1. His style completely altars the team DNA. Itís not a knock against him as a player, but the surrounding pieces played better in a different offense than the offense Kyrie requires.

2. Kyrie stayed publicly heíd resign here. Heís since walked back that statement multiple times throughout the season. Thereís been known leadership issues with Kyrie, ones he himself admitted.

3. Itís always something with Kyrie. He wanted to be the man, we let him be the man. Once the team started to struggle under his leadership, he through the young guys under the bus. He apologized publicly for it and then proclaimed this team would get it together for the playoffs. Theyíre built for the playoffs. They started out hot but again, hit adversity and now heís not taking ownership of his own struggles - 15-44 shooting at home in this series ainít cutting it. Yet he continually praises himself. Says heís great, brilliant, genius, blah blah blah - SHOW IT. He hasnít. Heís been the biggest failure on this team.

Last year we made the ECF without him and the same roster. Now weíll be out of round 2 in 5 games.

How your going to turn this around on danny and brad when theyíve given Kyrie the keys to the kingdom. A young team that made the ECF finals and were a superstar away from going to the finals. Weíll Kyrie has proven heís not that superstar. Great individual player but heís flawed. Heís no number 1. Heís not a team guy. Heís injury prone. He doesnít play defense (donít argue this point just watch the last 3 games of George Freakin Hill blowing by him for easy layups at crucial points).

I donít hate Kyrie. Iím just calling him out on his flaws and promises he couldnít live up to. Heís a very good player. Heís just not what this team needs as constructed.

Iíd rather let him leave than blow up the team to continue down the Kyrie path of poor leadership, false promises, and self promotion.

Kyrie was a gamble for Danny. It didnít work out. Canít always win a gamble. It was still the right move. Sticking with IT wouldnít have been any better. Making the right move at the time doesnít always mean it will work out. Things happen. Danny did what was best and lost. It happens as a GM. Iím not going to blame Danny for choosing Kyrie over an injured IT who hasnít been the same since coming back from that injury. Kyrie was the right move. Itís on Kyrie for not making it work despite being given a great roster and tons of personal freedom to drive the ship.
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 05-08-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Kyrie's WS/48 is .105 this postseason, average TS% of .507. Add the toxic leadership and you're at a net loss in value. C's should absolutely move on.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    kyrie's ws/48 is .105 this postseason, average ts% of .507. Add the toxic leadership and you're at a net loss in value. C's should absolutely move on.
    x2

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast