Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    But also seems immature and may turn into another Beasley type distracted by the wrong things. Won't have Wade or other strong guard mentors.

I'll be fine with him. I need to see his combine measurements before I'm truly set. It annoys me Hachimura skipped the combine
    Just posted measurements before reading this but there they are lol. Love that wingspan, size similar to Wade all around.

Iíve seen the negative things said about him too but Iíd like to know exactly what it is. Didnít see eye to eye with his coach? Things didnít go as they told him they would? Competitive nature gets the best of him at times? Or is he going out and getting ****ed up all the time and not working hard.

ON3 LAST DANC3

R. Johnson#3

He was a flop in college for one. His motor was inconsistent I've read. He wasn't happy about his bench role (I assume he felt he should have just been given the starting spot).

For a guy without a great feel for the game, I'm unimpressed with his measurements. He's kind of just average. Not an incredible wingspan.

But this is a weak draft. Expecting to get a great player this late is a crapshoot anyway.

Nonetheless I want an NBA player who's a playoff rotation worthy out of this draft and not a Daequan Cook who's out of the league in around 5 years.

Well if we're talking about pure upside then players like Kevin Porter jr, Romeo Langford, Nassir Little all fit that bill at 13

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Hachimura is fine, heís not a Melo type like you all are saying and will be nowhere near as good but Iíd take him. Just donít draft a ****ing center or someone whoís strictly a defender.
    There's a difference between the "type" of player Melo is and "as good as" the player Melo is

I never said Rui will be "as good as" Melo but the "type" of player Melo is since they are pretty similar when talking about size, position in today's game (PF), scoring ability inside the arc, average-ish three point shooting, and lack of defensive awareness....Melo and Rui have pretty similar skill sets but doesn't mean I'm saying Rui will be "as good as" Melo

I'm being realistic here though. We're picking 13th. If we get even a Markief Morris rather than Melo out of a guy like Rui that's fine too. If we get a Rudy Gay (not talking about his 19ppg days talking about how he plays now) that would be awesome for a 13th overall.

He was a flop in college for one. His motor was inconsistent I've read. He wasn't happy about his bench role (I assume he felt he should have just been given the starting spot).

For a guy without a great feel for the game, I'm unimpressed with his measurements. He's kind of just average. Not an incredible wingspan.
    Porter is projected to be a shooting guard, he measured in at 6'5.5, 6'10 wingspan and 8'7 standing reach...Klay Thompson measured at 6'7.25, 6'9 wingspan, 8'7.5 standing reach

For a shooting guard Porter has prototypical measurements

I'm being realistic here though. We're picking 13th. If we get even a Markief Morris rather than Melo out of a guy like Rui that's fine too. If we get a Rudy Gay (not talking about his 19ppg days talking about how he plays now) that would be awesome for a 13th overall.
    Rui is for sure on my board but I'm just stating that he doesn't have the upside like Langford, Porter, Little even tho Rui has more offensive polish right now

It really will depend on how the board shakes out

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Rui is for sure on my board but I'm just stating that he doesn't have the upside like Langford, Porter, Little even tho Rui has more offensive polish right now

It really will depend on how the board shakes out
    Little will bust or take way too long to develop. A smallish 6'6 SF who can't shoot, rebound, or ball handle out the gate is just another young Winslow only useful for defense and transition.

Langford is more intriguing, but again can't shoot. Not an elite explosive athlete. Still would take him 10x out of 10 over Little.

I don't think any of these 3 guys outside of Porter has a dynamic scoring upside. But I'm not sure Porter has the IQ and drive to be that type of scorer either.

Most will disagree with going with a safe pick here, but plain and period Miami needs a rookie that will come right in right away and be able to earn minutes over veterans and score 10+ a night. Not a project guy who looks like Derrick Jones Jr. raw.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    Yea, on the first page of this thread I posted a list of players I liked in general, Ty Jerome was on that list, good shooter, sound defender and smart playmaker

I wouldn't mind trading down.....I know the Nets have the 17th, 27th, 31st picks so a trade down with them could be appealing

Little will bust or take way too long to develop. A smallish 6'6 SF who can't shoot, rebound, or ball handle out the gate is just another young Winslow only useful for defense and transition.

Langford is more intriguing, but again can't shoot. Not an elite explosive athlete. Still would take him 10x out of 10 over Little.

I don't think any of these 3 guys outside of Porter has a dynamic scoring upside. But I'm not sure Porter has the IQ and drive to be that type of scorer either.

Most will disagree with going with a safe pick here, but plain and period Miami needs a rookie that will come right in right away and be able to earn minutes over veterans and score 10+ a night. Not a project guy who looks like Derrick Jones Jr. raw.
    There really is no such thing as a "safe" pick at 13 though, no matter who we draft

You say Langford/Little can't shoot, but how good of a three point shooter was Rui at 19? At age 19, Little/Langford were both better prospects then Rui

Considering both Little/Langford had solid free throw percentages and improved their three point percentage during conference play this year, I wouldn't say anything is definite yet......Also Rui only attempted 36 three's this season, so it's not like he's a proficient shooter yet either

Little averaged 21.5 points, 10 rebounds per 40 (I think he's a good rebounder)
    Langord averaged 19.4 points, 6.3 rebounds per 40
    Rui only played 130 min his freshmen season so instead his sophomore season per 40 numbers were: 22.4 points, 9.1 rebounds and still shot 19% from three

I'm not saying we should draft Little over Rui but all I'm saying is this notion of a "safe" pick at 13 really doesn't exist

Kevin porter finished top 3 for his position in all the athleticism stuff, 1st in shuttle run. Cavs May take him at 5, heís expecting a meeting with Miami soon.

Those measurements are solid for a 2 guard beasted, tbat wingspan is nice, 1 inch less than Wade.

ON3 LAST DANC3

R. Johnson#3

Langford measures better than Porter. Porter's vertical was really bad.

I think Miami would take Langford over Porter because of the maturity factor.

What are you guys thoughts on Landford vs Porter Jr.?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123