Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Yes, let's fire Cashman because half the team is hurt, but the uninformed fans think they should win regardless. Totally ridiculous.
    He is managing the teamn like if it was a small market team with payroll restrictions.

You can be as analytical as you wish but other teams who are as analytical as us if not more have been having some success with less payroll and a smaller market while Cashman in 10 years have been failing with all type of excuses in the world (age, health, luck,...etc.).

And there multiple models here to follow.

Complete rebuild: Cubs (postseason every year since 2014, 2015 Champions) and Astros (postseason every year since 2014 and 2017 Champions).

Spending big in the International market and for analytical and draft players while aggressive trades and signings: Dodgers and Red Sox.

Just look at what the Dodgers did last year by trading for Machado when Seager got hurt and was lost for the year. I don't recall Cashman ever making a move like that. the Stanton signing was an ownership move because Stanton didn't wanna go to the proposed teams the Marlins asked first and it was an ownership decision to accept that much added money.

Cashman is great in lesser trades like Didi for Greene, Jesus Montero for Michael Pineda,...etc. He really would be a great GM in a smaller market. But frankly he doesn't cut it with the Yankees, whether it was George who made the big moves for FAs or when now he is too "cheap" (and Hal is as much to blame as him frankly) when it comes to FAs like Scherzer, Harper, Machado,...etc.

And it doesn't take a genius to see what this Yankees have been lacking the last years especially in the postseason. Anybody including me would know what works in the postseason and what we are lacking and yet year after year we keep hearing the same '********' that this team is great, we are build to win, we are doing everything we can,...blablabla which is not true or just powder in people's eyes trying to make us think we don't know how to run a team like he does.

All I'm asking for is accountability when it comes to management, if I was in his shoes I would have stepped down when I failed for X amount of times with that much talent and that big a payroll for this long. I feel like both this ownership and the GM are trying to do the opposite of what George was, and by doing so they are going to the extreme of being patient while the game and other teams make moves and change things all the time.

That's just my 2 cents about the matter. I would be the first to applaud and congratulate Cashman, Boone, Hal and everyone here if we win with this bunch. I can assure you that.

Cashman and Boone definitely need to go.

Bring in Scoscia.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I laugh... Cashman is fine.. Boone needs to go.. reminds me of Uchiama from the movie "Mr. Baseball".. tried to manage "Safely"... you can't manage to not lose, you have to manage to win. And that's what Boone is doing.. Managing to NOT Lose.. funny, just like in the movie.. he's losing.

Brians been fine... He's not had a sub .500 season since Clinton was in the whitehouse.. that was done by one other team in baseball.. (Yankees back in the 50's.. and they went longer and didn't have to contend with a draft)

No, Cash is not the problem... Boone.. Is a problem... Injuries are not helping.. but he's stepping on his own crank.

Crank. Funny.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Iíd trade happ or Tanaka now and sign Keuchel they are all equal in my eyes.

THe happ deal was so bad heís like 37 years old.

Tanaka could possibly net us a blue chip prospect. Verdugo? A top 1b prospect

We should of signed Harper at 25 million a year he was willing to play first. He can play anywhere in the field. You pay a little extra on the back end of the contract but get a discount the first 7-9 years.

Not signing Harper was ridiculous. He was made for NY.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    He is managing the teamn like if it was a small market team with payroll restrictions.

You can be as analytical as you wish but other teams who are as analytical as us if not more have been having some success with less payroll and a smaller market while Cashman in 10 years have been failing with all type of excuses in the world (age, health, luck,...etc.).

And there multiple models here to follow.

Complete rebuild: Cubs (postseason every year since 2014, 2015 Champions) and Astros (postseason every year since 2014 and 2017 Champions).

Spending big in the International market and for analytical and draft players while aggressive trades and signings: Dodgers and Red Sox.

Just look at what the Dodgers did last year by trading for Machado when Seager got hurt and was lost for the year. I don't recall Cashman ever making a move like that. the Stanton signing was an ownership move because Stanton didn't wanna go to the proposed teams the Marlins asked first and it was an ownership decision to accept that much added money.

Cashman is great in lesser trades like Didi for Greene, Jesus Montero for Michael Pineda,...etc. He really would be a great GM in a smaller market. But frankly he doesn't cut it with the Yankees, whether it was George who made the big moves for FAs or when now he is too "cheap" (and Hal is as much to blame as him frankly) when it comes to FAs like Scherzer, Harper, Machado,...etc.

And it doesn't take a genius to see what this Yankees have been lacking the last years especially in the postseason. Anybody including me would know what works in the postseason and what we are lacking and yet year after year we keep hearing the same '********' that this team is great, we are build to win, we are doing everything we can,...blablabla which is not true or just powder in people's eyes trying to make us think we don't know how to run a team like he does.

All I'm asking for is accountability when it comes to management, if I was in his shoes I would have stepped down when I failed for X amount of times with that much talent and that big a payroll for this long. I feel like both this ownership and the GM are trying to do the opposite of what George was, and by doing so they are going to the extreme of being patient while the game and other teams make moves and change things all the time.

That's just my 2 cents about the matter. I would be the first to applaud and congratulate Cashman, Boone, Hal and everyone here if we win with this bunch. I can assure you that.
    When Cashman had free reign to get whomever he wanted in FA, he basically did what ppl expected and got a bunch of what fans considered no brainers. How did that end up working for the yankees? People complained then, and now ppl are complaining that he doesn't have a big market GM mentality, completing ignoring the fact that he has a budget to work with this time.

What you're advocating is, we go back to the ways that led this team to finishing in fourth place with aging and boring to watch veterans, who were way past their prime. More than ever, the yankees need to make smart decisions. During their championship years, the FO only signed 2 aging free agents to anything more than a 2 year deal and that was El Duque and David Wells.

I still say the biggest mistake made was not re hiring Giradi

You sir, are a moron. Cashman is great bc of trades like Didi for Greene? That is literally the worst trade of all time, by any team, in any sport.

Click below for rock solid proof:

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...Didi-Gregorius

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Not signing Harper was ridiculous. He was made for NY.
    This is true. And I hate Harper. Think he's a complete tool. But he would be an absolute star here.
    Still don't think he will be worth his contract though. Especially the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    You sir, are a moron. Cashman is great bc of trades like Didi for Greene? That is literally the worst trade of all time, by any team, in any sport.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Truth!

**** off. Where's my title

This is true. And I hate Harper. Think he's a complete tool. But he would be an absolute star here.
    Still don't think he will be worth his contract though. Especially the 2nd half.

I spoke to my buddy in Philly today and that city has fallen in love with him already. NY would have been the same way. Terrible business move.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast