Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adam Thielen agrees to 4 year $64mil extension

PROCESSING

Well deserved

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Well deserved for Thielen, but a bad omen for the Vikings. That's over $55 million tied up between Cousins, Thielen, and Diggs. Of course we'll have to wait and see how the contract is structured.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I like Thielen a lot but I'm not ready to call him a top 5 WR. Top 10 for sure, but top 5 is a stretch for me at this point. Part of me likes the deal but he will be 34 years old when this deal is done. Should be interesting to see how productive he will be at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I like Thielen a lot but I'm not ready to call him a top 5 WR. Top 10 for sure, but top 5 is a stretch for me at this point. Part of me likes the deal but he will be 34 years old when this deal is done. Should be interesting to see how productive he will be at that point.
    Brown, Hopkins, Jones, OBJ, Thielen.

That’s my top 5 in order. Truth is 5-10 can be ranked a variety of ways and you wouldn’t necessarily be wrong.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Well deserved for Thielen, but a bad omen for the Vikings. That's over $55 million tied up between Cousins, Thielen, and Diggs. Of course we'll have to wait and see how the contract is structured.
    I don't know all the details, but it actually LOWERS his cap hit over the next 2 years from what I saw because of how the signing bonus was structured.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Does it really matter if he's top 5 or top 10 at this point?
    And it's an NFL contract- chances are high it's redone before the end of it
    He's had the 6th most receiving yards the past 2 years...more than Brandin Cooks, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, TY Hilton, Odell Beckham, and Jarvis Landry.

Belichick must be so pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't know all the details, but it actually LOWERS his cap hit over the next 2 years from what I saw because of how the signing bonus was structured.
    The details still haven't been released so we don't know exactly what we're looking at, but in terms of how the Vikings have structured other contracts recently, that makes sense. They're right up against the wall in cap space for this year and next year. It appears that they've given themselves a 2 year window before the roster implodes and they go through a big rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    The details still haven't been released so we don't know exactly what we're looking at, but in terms of how the Vikings have structured other contracts recently, that makes sense. They're right up against the wall in cap space for this year and next year. It appears that they've given themselves a 2 year window before the roster implodes and they go through a big rebuild.
    well 2 yrs from now is when Cousins' current 28mil/yr comes off the books....so it may not be the major rebuild you're thinking, the Eagles brag about Howie, but Bryzenski is pretty good with thist stuff too

Does it really matter if he's top 5 or top 10 at this point?
    And it's an NFL contract- chances are high it's redone before the end of it
    He's had the 6th most receiving yards the past 2 years...more than Brandin Cooks, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, TY Hilton, Odell Beckham, and Jarvis Landry.
    No, doesn't really matter at all.
    I like Thielen a lot, very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Brown, Hopkins, Jones, OBJ, Thielen.

That’s my top 5 in order. Truth is 5-10 can be ranked a variety of ways and you wouldn’t necessarily be wrong.
    Not sure I would put Thielen over Mike Thomas but that’s splitting hairs. Thielen is getting paid very well. I wonder what the break down of the contract is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

well 2 yrs from now is when Cousins' current 28mil/yr comes off the books....so it may not be the major rebuild you're thinking, the Eagles brag about Howie, but Bryzenski is pretty good with thist stuff too
    That's exactly why I'm saying is going to be a major rebuild. Losing your QB and back loading contracts (Presumably Thielen, Barr, Rhodes, Diggs, Smith, Hunter, etc) will force the rebuild.

his cap hit for this upcoming season changed by like 50k. I still don't know where the Vikes are pulling this money from, they still need OL help in the worst way.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    his cap hit for this upcoming season changed by like 50k. I still don't know where the Vikes are pulling this money from, they still need OL help in the worst way.
    All they basically did for this year was make all his money guaranteed. So they didn't need to find up with any more money.

Just like the other contracts, they back loaded this one so they are paying the most at the end of the deal, but can get out of it with minimal dead cap if needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast