Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Loved the preview. Looks awesome. I'm one of the few here on PSD who actually liked TLJ so I'm still very high on this trilogy. I don't think Rey is the Skywalker, so we will have to see what happens there. I'm curious for sure but don't want it to be referring to Kylo Ren.

Nice writeup TT. So many options for them to use for Palpatine it seems. From what you wrote, my favorite was the clones. Seems like it would make sense, my only question would be where has he been and why has he been in hiding? If
    In the old EU, his Force essence traveled to the planet Byss, which was a world teaming with the dark side and where he planned to consolidate power if he ever lost his original body. He decided to remake the Empire into a new power without regional governors or politicians, but one run solely by the Dark Side of the Force.

If you read Aftermath, which is a canon novel trilogy, Palpatine tasked Admiral Gallius Rax with fulfilling his final wishes, namely, the destruction of the Empire in one final battle and leading the toughened survivors through the Unknown Regions where they would be reborn. When Rae Sloane reached the coordinates provided by Rax, she found a fleet of ships led by the Emperor's former flagship, the SSD Eclipse, waiting for the command to proceed through the Unknown Regions. There were also numerous Sith relics and artifacts dumped into Jakku's core, the consequences of which aren't explained.

My theory now is that this put the Emperor back onto some sort of Force plane, and that he found a place in the Unknown Regions to recover his power, similar to Byss. He could also overpower another Force user (Snoke) and lead through him.

So if they bring back Palpatine, who the F was Snoke and how did he come to power if Palpatine were still around?

Feels like at this point the entire new series was just trying to insert as much nostalgia as possible. They've answered the question "how cool was the original trilogy", except we all knew that answer already.

Watched an interview with the actor who plays the Emperor and he was majorly downplaying everything. Said the laugh was old audio and not recorded for the movie or the preview. He also kept emphasizing that Abrams is a big tease and that the Emperor's inclusion in the preview was just a big tease. They have to keep tight lipped on a project like this but yeah, dude was acting as though his involvement in the film was being very overstated.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I'm too much of a fan boy to be critical of anything Star Wars. Im excited

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    I'm too much of a fan boy to be critical of anything Star Wars. Im excited
    I'm too much of a fan boy to be positive of anything Star Wars lol

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'm too much of a fan boy to be positive of anything Star Wars lol
    I'm too much of a fanboy to be positive about any of the new trilogy.

I just read a great theory. Essentially, Darth Plagueis did indeed find a way to cheat death, and that is by using essence transfer once his new apprentice turns on him, leapfrogging through time in a new, younger body. This explains why Plagueis, despite the Rule of Two, allowed Sidious to train Maul. This also explains why, despite Sidious nearly exterminating the Jedi, training young Force users into Dark Jedi and Inquisitors, and wanting to find Luke Skywalker. After the death of "Sidious", the Force essence of Plagueis then found Snoke, morphed into him and may now indeed be looking to (or have already overtaken) another host body. I could honestly get behind that, and would explain how Plagueis has been shrouded in secrecy since Disney Canon took hold (they won't even confirm his species.) .

ok, I am 43. Grew up on Star Wars. LOVED the first 3 movies, and even liked a couple of the second 3. I even like TFA alright. I didn't see TLJ, and I have heard it was terrible. So why would I watch this one?

Are the originals overrated, due to nostalgia? Or did they just wait too long, and the wrong people were left in charge to make the new ones? meh

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    ok, I am 43. Grew up on Star Wars. LOVED the first 3 movies, and even liked a couple of the second 3. I even like TFA alright. I didn't see TLJ, and I have heard it was terrible. So why would I watch this one?

Are the originals overrated, due to nostalgia? Or did they just wait too long, and the wrong people were left in charge to make the new ones? meh
    Am same age as you and yup I loved the first three and liked only the last of the second 3 made.

For me I will always love the original three and is mostly for nostalgia now, when you see them now their so cheesy.

But am not a fanatic like some people here are, donít love the first 2 made now, but I donít hate them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123