Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 116 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    I never said Brogdon for 20. I said 15. If he wants 20 per, gimme preferably a 2yr/3rd team option or a 3/4th team option if need be. I could live with that. I donít think he gets that though. I think between 15-18 per.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If it's 1 or 2 years it's not that bad, but if someone gives him that for 3-4, that's a joke. The players like Middleton getting Max deals is the biggest issue in the NBA. Batum was a great example of that. Joe Johnson getting that max deal he got was bad. Everyone knows who is truly elite, and who is a secondary player. Middleton proved that he is too inconsistent to be a 2 option let alone get 1 option money. He's more of a 3rd guy on a great team. Another bad contract out there is Steven Adams. He's a limited old fashioned Center, making crazy money that makes it impossible to improve that team further, and they will never be good enough. Kevin Love's contract is ridiculous as well. He's a 3rd option on a great team, making 25+ million for 5 years, and he's hurt every year. Chris Paul has one of the biggest jokes of a contract in NBA history.
    Meanwhile we are debating giving 20 mil to a guy who would be a bench guard or a out of possition PG for us. Its not all about max deals being the only overpays. the fact is this is another example of a team in a bad position overpaying a player who is good, but not great. Otto porter was a great example. And its not just 20 mil. its the fact its for 4 years, Brogdon is solid but he may never improve. he doesnt have elite potential. Could he be a solid starter. Sure, but we have Zack here. we would have 40 mil tied up into SG basically. and if you want to beleive he can run the point I am tired of debating whether these score first guys can, we have White, we have Brogdon, both who have the score first mentality and a SG mentality. we need PG.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I never said Brogdon for 20. I said 15. If he wants 20 per, gimme preferably a 2yr/3rd team option or a 3/4th team option if need be. I could live with that. I donít think he gets that though. I think between 15-18 per.
    If you can get Brogdon for a 2 + 1 I am fine, If you can get Brogdon for around 15 mil (6th man type money) I am fine. But That isnt the rumor. Rumor is the bulls could offer 4/80 which is actually less than what Zack got 1 year ago.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    If you can get Brogdon for a 2 + 1 I am fine, If you can get Brogdon for around 15 mil (6th man type money) I am fine. But That isnt the rumor. Rumor is the bulls could offer 4/80 which is actually less than what Zack got 1 year ago.
    Which is why I donít seek them doing it. They donít - and the league probably doesnít - see Brogs as valuable as LaVine. Even with the cap spikes, heís looking at 15-17, IMO.

Which is why I donít seek them doing it. They donít - and the league probably doesnít - see Brogs as valuable as LaVine. Even with the cap spikes, heís looking at 15-17, IMO.
    You have faith in this FO I dont. period. This FO paid Christiano felecio 4/32 after his 2nd season where he averaged 4.8 points 4.8 rebounds and .3 blocks in 15 mintues a game. I would not hand them my wallet with any faith thats for sure, yet i have to watch them run this team.

-Rem Koolhaas

the more I watch and think the more I really want Ricky Rubio. Watching him in the playoffs vs Westbrook or in the playoffs vs the Rockets. He seems to step up. floor general. Game manager. Good defender. A guy I think could work super well with bigs like Lauri and Wendell.

He will clearly be available with utah getting Conley, I think he would prefer to go to a big market team as he has been in small markets his whole career.

If you can get Rubio on a 2/30 and then a guy like Thad Young or Jaymichael Green or Either Morris Twin I think you have a great chance to make the playoffs.

The only spot i would not feel great about is our backup Wing with Hutch (who hasnt proved enough to be handed anything IMO) But honestly maybe you can bring another vet in for cheap to compete with Hutch.

-Rem Koolhaas

Wouldnít hate Rubio depending on price, obviously. Wouldnít want to commit longer than 2 years. Would prefer a PG who is a threat to shoot though. Despite rubioís passing ability, he canít shoot. I donít like having that liability from my starting PG.

I think Collison comes cheap, especially if Bev goes to high.

Wouldnít hate Rubio depending on price, obviously. Wouldnít want to commit longer than 2 years. Would prefer a PG who is a threat to shoot though. Despite rubioís passing ability, he canít shoot. I donít like having that liability from my starting PG.
    Rubio would be a great fit. Might be able to help White learn the craft of PG and complement his skillset long term.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Iím not too worried about his college assist numbers. A lot of great PGs came to the NBA with average assist numbers. Heíll develop. If he was undersized and slow Iíd be worried. He has the attributes you canít teach already (Speed, Quickness, Confidence, Size). Heís a pretty efficient driver as well. He just needs to learn shot selection and look to pass more. If he figures that **** out, he will be hard to stop. Controlling his pace will go a long way

Iíd be stoked going into the season if we had a FA like this in any combination

PG- Rubio/Collision
    PF- Morris/Thad/Taj/Aminu
    C- Dedmon/Ed Davis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want Thad or Aminu. Both guys would give us a tweener 3/4 which would give us some great combos off the bench.

Say we get either and we resign Rolo, we could play Lauri/Carter, Lauri/Rolo, (Thad/Aminu)/Lauri, (Thad/Aminu)/Carter, (Thad/Aminu)/Rolo. Every combination complements each other. You can even throw Carter at the 4 and play him alongside Rolo. When healthy, we'd basically be foul trouble proof at the 4/5 positions. That would also give us depth at the 3, because Thad or Aminu can log some minutes there. Hutch could slip into a dual SG/SF backup role.

So is everyone confident that Hutch can be a solid bench wing for us. Most tend to agree a serviceable big and a PG are still probably our bigest needs. Is hutch just a lock for backup wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    So is everyone confident that Hutch can be a solid bench wing for us. Most tend to agree a serviceable big and a PG are still probably our bigest needs. Is hutch just a lock for backup wing.
    I'm not 100% confident in him as our sole back up SF. That's why I like the idea of a guy like Thad or Aminu who can play a little 3 as well. We would have a really deep 4/5 if we got either of those guys. I'd add Ariza to that list too. He can play a little 3 and 4 with defense and shooting.