Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 116 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    If you aren't a 1 or 2 option, you shouldn't be making any more then 9-10 million a year, unless it's a short term deal, which then you can go 1 to 2 years at a time so you don't destroy a teams long term flexibility.

And letís say we do sign Brogdon....thereís always a star that demands out....

Bulls could offer a package consisting of any number of Brogs, White, Lauri/LaVine, Wendell, 1st rounders. Bulls will have ammo. Maybe Porter would still be around. Even at 15-20 mil per, Brogdon will have value. Especially combined with the young talent.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Brooklyn has had different management over the past 10 years right? But either way, Brogdon is a good player and would make this team better. Or, you could not pursue, hope to land a giannis or Lillard or whoever, which letís be honest, isnít happening.
    If you don't believe that Brogdon makes you a championship contender, it's better to take that risk of waiting and using short term role player vets, rather then capping your team out before your team is even at an elite level.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If you aren't a 1 or 2 option, you shouldn't be making any more then 9-10 million a year, unless it's a short term deal, which then you can go 1 to 2 years at a time so you don't destroy a teams long term flexibility.
    I think if the bulls really wanted, they could clear space via trade. But again, giannis, Lillard, or whoever else isnít signing here. But I get it. You never know. I donít hate on your optimism. I donít agree, but if youíre right, thatís a huge win.

Bulls could offer a package consisting of any number of Brogs, White, Lauri/LaVine, Wendell, 1st rounders. Bulls will have ammo. Maybe Porter would still be around. Even at 15-20 mil per, Brogdon will have value. Especially combined with the young talent.
    I will admit, back a month or 2 ago when I was more about signing Brogdon, I did bring up that he would be tradeable. I just kind of prefer going a different route now. I do agree with that point though. We have some really good trade assets. That's why there have been so many BS reports coming from other teams media outlets.

I think if the bulls really wanted, they could clear space via trade. But again, giannis, Lillard, or whoever else isnít signing here. But I get it. You never know. I donít hate on your optimism. I donít agree, but if youíre right, thatís a huge win.
    I get why there is a reason to be pessimistic. Believe me, I'm not naive. But I also get that when teams compete, everything changes. I think we have a great shot to compete very soon, and we have 1 of the better young cores, with no bad contracts, in the East.

Iím not completely opposed to your belief dabears. Bulls arenít winning a championship anyways, so why not stay flexible, and pray to god garpax could land a big fish, right? I get it. Itís not a terrible strategy at all. Just as signing Brogdon isnít a great strategy. I just have absolutely zero faith in garpax landing that guy. Whereas you are guaranteeing it lol. We just have to agree to disagree. But I respect your thought process and analysis.

Yep.

He's an asset in more than one way. I'd much rather spend on a guy like him than a veteran that'll probably be a sunk cost by year 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Yep.

He's an asset in more than one way. I'd much rather spend on a guy like him than a veteran that'll probably be a sunk cost by year 2.
    Yeah. I mean, bevs a nice player. I like him. But heís almost similar to signing Jabari. Not much impact and overpaid. Bulls were lucky to flip him because he was essentially an expiring. It worked out. But if they have Bev 2 years, he wonít have the type of impact for other teams to be interested in him in the 1st year. Brogdon is a player that pretty much every team would like. And thatís because heís versatile, plays great defense, and could shoot. Makes good decisions. He fits on every team.

Here is how I see the state of the East:

Toronto is in limbo for a few weeks. If Kawhi stays, they will have 1 more year with that same team, then the following year they will have all kinds of big contracts off the books, and will be able to build whatever kind of team they want around the biggest draw in the NBA, Kawhi! If he leaves, they will be mediocre, with 1 solid player to build around in Siakim, and a bunch of veterans that are going to be expiring.

Philly has 2 draws in Simmons and Embiid. They also have a crazy amount of cap space to spend. Will Simmons ever develop a jump shot though? I doubt it. They are going to go all in this Free Agency. How good they can become will determine their future. It can go really well, or it can blow up in their face. We will know by the playoffs next season.

The Bucks are pretty much stuck with having to resign Middleton, Lopez, and Match a bad deal for Brogdon if they want any shot at staying great. If they can't win with what they have, they are going to lose Giannis in 2021 Free Agency.

Miami/Detroit/Orlando/Charlotte/Washington are in NBA Purgatory.

Indiana has cap space and a couple draws, a solid coach, and a decent core. But will that bring a free agent or 2 to help them? I don't really think so. Also, will Oladipo be the same when he comes back? He has to be for their sake.

Cleveland and the Knicks aren't even close IMO. I can see the Knicks totally striking out in Free Agency.

Brooklyn is going to go all in this offseason. Will Kyrie make them legit contenders? Not by himself. Will Durant join him? Maybe. Will he be the same after Achilles surgery? That's a big if.

Atlanta has a great young core. They have a lot of money. They are in a great spot to do great things in a couple of years.

Chicago has a great young core and a decent amount of money. We are built a little different then Atlanta though. Where Atlanta is all 1st 2nd 3rd year players with upside, we have a Prime Veteran in Porter and a near Prime player signed long term in Lavine. That's why we are probably in a more urgent situation to sign vets now to progress, whereas the Hawks are at a stage where they need to develop their young core a little longer.

Boston has a great young core that is a little advanced with playoff experience. They should be in play for bigger Free Agents this summer, and who they get will determine what they become.

Yeah. I mean, bevs a nice player. I like him. But heís almost similar to signing Jabari. Not much impact and overpaid. Bulls were lucky to flip him because he was essentially an expiring. It worked out. But if they have Bev 2 years, he wonít have the type of impact for other teams to be interested in him in the 1st year. Brogdon is a player that pretty much every team would like. And thatís because heís versatile, plays great defense, and could shoot. Makes good decisions. He fits on every team.
    I wouldn't say we lucked into flipping Jabari. They were pretty smart to give him a what was basically a 1 year deal, that made it movable. It was kind of like Redick's 1 year deal, except it was a 1 year deal to prove you are worth a damn or GTFOOH only because we had the money to spend and it didn't hurt us, instead of a 1 year deal because we had the money and Philly needed Redicks shooting bad. He sucked so the Got him TFOOH lol. It was lucky that we got an above average wing from a desperate team though. That trade looks better every day. I'm so glad we don't have to worry about overpaying Portis and his mediocre empty stats.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I wouldn't say we lucked into flipping Jabari. They were pretty smart to give him a what was basically a 1 year deal, that made it movable. It was kind of like Redick's 1 year deal, except it was a 1 year deal to prove you are worth a damn or GTFOOH only because we had the money to spend and it didn't hurt us, instead of a 1 year deal because we had the money and Philly needed Redicks shooting bad. He sucked so the Got him TFOOH lol. It was lucky that we got an above average wing from a desperate team though. That trade looks better every day. I'm so glad we don't have to worry about overpaying Portis and his mediocre empty stats.
    we didnt luck into fliping Jabari, fact is Portis had more value than Porter at that point. we traded an asset for him. people dont like to remember exaclty how bad porter was for them and how expensive he is combining for the fact that he had very little to no trade value.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I just dont know how anyone here can think Brogdon is worth 20 mil a year. and specifically because here he would surely either be coming off the bench or playing out of position at PG. There is no way I pay a guy off my bench 20 mil. No way. I mean we are really going to pretend that Brogdon is worth the same as Lavine????? What is the market we are dealing with when we signed Lavine for literally the exact same last year.

I just dont want to be giving Brogdon 20 mil. IF we could go after D LO, I would pay him max, but I think he is a starter, I think he elevates us, and I also think he has a brighter future ahead of him. Brogdon is your run of the mill solid Starting/Swing Guard. A JJ Reddick of sorts. the fact is though You dont give JJ reddick 20 mil a year. The only reason you do this is if your desperate and cant atrack big name FA, WE ARE ****ING CHICAGO and we have to overpay role players to come here.

-Rem Koolhaas

Side Note. I think somebody may have mentioned this but I am too lazy to go back and quote or look it up. The NETS 2 years ago were a laughing stock of the NBA. 20 win team, Loosers with no tallent whatsoever. Their FO was a joke.

Now sudenly they are going to try and atract Kyrie and Durrant. (and it actually sounds likely)

People can say the bulls cant do it with Gianis or whoever, I think this team is clearly talented. We just need that FO change and it would be a lifesaver. Fact is if this doesnt get done your probably right, the Bulls probably cant atrack Gianis. But you can see two years is a long way away. and I am sorry if you disagree but locking a Role playing combo guard into a 4 year deal does not leave flexibility to do anything. Could you potentially trade Brogdon + for a Star. Perhaps. But This also means giving up alot more than just Brogdon too. in fact some teams may not want a 20 mil SG who should really be coming off the bench on a long term deal.

Alot of teams looking to trade Stars WANT EXPIRING CONTRACTS AND CAP SPACE. Thats why you could use that 20 mil you could put into a 4 year deal and offer it in some sort of combo to Thad Young and Pat Beverly on 1-2 Year deals. To me Your crazy if you really think Brogdon makes a larger impact on wins then those two combined anyway. I think your overselling Brogdon as a player if you think he is more valuable at 20 mil then an expring contract and flexibility for a team to decide who to sign would be.

Also. Just for the **** of it, WE really need some vets on this team. Period. I mean you can call Porter a VET if you want, but this team could use a couple of savy playoff experienced guys. I think that may have been a problem of our last year, this team is too young, has not mentors. and Brogdon doesnt solve any of these issues.

Also How does Brogdon improve our Defense as a team. I think people quicky forget about that as well. Beverly is a tone setting PG who would be a great guy to have in the locker room. Same with that Young. This would seriously boost our bench, and these two guys are not exempt from being pawned off in a trade just like Brogdon.

-Rem Koolhaas

It doesn't really matter if you think we can't get a guy. That doesn't mean you operate your team as if it already lost out on getting someone. Talk about a bad look for a FO if they did that. We aren't the Knicks where we are basically a 1 asset team trying to convince stars to join. We are loaded with assets right now. Look at the Nets. They were the laughing stock of the NBA. They don't even really that great of a young core. Yeah they have a solid defensive C. They have a young PG who they might not even keep. But after 1 year of playoff baskeball, they are suddenly in the market for star players, and the supposed Front Runners as well.
    Change in FO leadership does alot. Sean Marks has had 3 years and turned the Nets from the Laughing stock to a destination. With No draft capital. no talent on the roster. and they are trying to convince KD and Kyrie to team up. Shows what a manamgent change can do.

-Rem Koolhaas