Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 116 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    I'd rather sign khris middleton and a backup vet. go small and play middleton at the 4 and lauri at the 5. i mean how many teams have stud centers that look to score? you could hide lauri's defense there.
    Middleton is going to get 32 million per. If you aren't suggesting trading Porter, why wouldn't you put Porter at PF and Middleton at SF though? Middleton is a SG/SF. Porter is a SF/PF in today's NBA. Either way, it's not really even possible to get Middleton without a Porter trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    also if white isnt playing when you won 22 games last year then why in the hell are you drafting him? white starts and learns and he plays.

again sign middleton. you can still get guys plenty of minutes and vs guard strong teams rotate him to sg. tons of versatility on this roster if you add middleton

lavine- sg, pg (not good but can play it)
    porter- sf, pf
    middleton- sg, sf, pf
    lauri- pf, c
    wcj- c, pf

then you still have white, gafford, valentine, maybe sign beverly

so now you have a bench too

might not be a ECF team but could be a ECSF team

sign middleton 2 year deal with a player option, beverly two years

then if porter opts in for 2020 we should have the same team and when his contract expires hopefully middleton will be chasing another contract and opt out and lauri, lavine and white have progressed more and you can make another stab at free agency
    Where is the money for Middleton coming from? He's getting a Max Contract, and while he's solid as hell, he's not really worth a max. He really stumbled vs. Toronto. in 5 games he put up 12, 9, 6, 14 points in 4 of them. I'm not spending 32 million a year for a guy that got completely shut down in the biggest series of his life.

In a series where the Buck lost in OT, and by 6 twice, Those are some piss poor games for a max player.

Yeah pass on Middleton. Pretty gross that upper echelon role players get max contracts like clock work. They should be reserved for the elite players. Not anyone who could chew gum and dribble at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Yeah pass on Middleton. Pretty gross that upper echelon role players get max contracts like clock work. They should be reserved for the elite players. Not anyone who could chew gum and dribble at the same time.
    I thought it was interesting when the Reporters asked Giannis if lack of Experience hurt them. Giannis up and walked off, and Middleton rolled his eyes at Giannis and answered. To me it felt like Giannis was thinking, it was our experienced players in Middleton and Bledsoe that didn't show up. Which was 100% the case. Those were close *** games, and 2 guys that are getting paid big money or about to be paid big money, were no where to be found.

If they sign Middleton to a max, and they don't get out of the East, Giannis is as good as gone. They don't have the assets or cap space to get better than what they currently are.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I mean, if the Bulls feel like white is a couple of years away from finding himself signing Brogdon isnít a bad idea. White would still get plenty of time as a combo guard off the bench. 4 yrs/68 mil for Brogs would be doable. Just get rid of Dunn.
    I disagree, I like Brogdon but lets be real he isnt elevating this team to another level either. 20 mil in cap space over the next 4 years to add onto Lavine would really hinder future cap space ambitions too.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I disagree, I like Brogdon but lets be real he isnt elevating this team to another level either. 20 mil in cap space over the next 4 years to add onto Lavine would really hinder future cap space ambitions too.
    I guess. But who else they signing with that cap space? Giannis? Lol.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I would rather have the chance to get a stud then give up and sign a bunch of Good players. I would rather have cap space and utilize it to acquire assets. I mean I mentioned it b4 but does anyone realize that the Hawks were able to move up to 4 using 17 basically because they absorbed Crabbe and 1 year of his deal. I would rather have that opportunity then squander our cap on Brogdon.

But then again the bulls dont know how to do this. They dont know how to sign a stud, or take on a bad contract and get assets. They dont know how to trade up and go get a player they think will be a stud, So maybe its all useless.

I just think Brogdon is solid but nowhere near worth 20 mil. If your telling me we could have guys like Thad Young and Beverly I think that could have just as much of an impact. and the Truth is do you really think Brogdon ever starts for us ???? cause I dont think he is a PG. and if he isnt a starter are you really telling me he is worth 20 mil to come off the bench???

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I'd rather spend money on (Bev or Collison) and (Thad, Aminu, or Ariza) then sign Brogdon and be capped out. And I love Brogdon. I'm just trying to think logically here. Getting 2 veterans at 2 positions of need is better than getting a highly efficient role player Combo guard in his prime for 4 years 20 million per, and not having veteran leadership for a young core on the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I'd rather spend money on (Bev or Collison) and (Thad, Aminu, or Ariza) then sign Brogdon and be capped out. And I love Brogdon. I'm just trying to think logically here. Getting 2 veterans at 2 positions of need is better than getting a highly efficient role player Combo guard in his prime for 4 years 20 million per, and not having veteran leadership for a young core on the rise.
    You can probably bring back a guy like Lopez for nothing if you're craving veteran leadership. Otto Porter is basically a veteran at this point too.

I'd rather spend on Brogdon as insurance for both White and LaVine. In the end, talent is more important than anything and he's easily better/more valuable than retread veteran PG's. He's also waaaay more of an asset if you have the opportunity to deal for a difference maker in the near future.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 06-21-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Bulls Trade and Acquisitions Thread 2019 Off-Season

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    You can probably bring back a guy like Lopez for nothing if you're craving veteran leadership. Otto Porter is basically a veteran at this point too.

I'd rather spend on Brogdon as insurance for both White and LaVine. In the end, talent is more important than anything and he's easily better/more valuable than retread veteran PG's. He's also waaaay more of an asset if you have the opportunity to deal for a difference maker in the near future.
    Yeah I agree. Thatís the other side of it. He becomes a trade asset. Iím not in favor of signing him for 20 mil per. Iíd be comfortable at 15. Maybe 17 max. But Iíve seen the garpax recruiting game for star free agents. Iím not gonna pass on a good player with the hope that superstar players all of a sudden want to come here. Besides, a team of

Brogdon/White
    LaVine/Brogdon/Valentine
    Porter/Hutch
    Lauri/Rook
    WCJ/Lopez

That team could be good and the trajectory is still pointing up. Very young squad with a good mix of skill sets. See what you have in White. If he looks to be the future, trade Brogdon in a year or two. If not, trade White in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

We can sign 2 Vet FA's to decent 2 year deals, bring back Rolo with one of our Exceptions, and be a winner from the get go, and be a draw 2 years from now with flexibility. I know everyone hates hearing that because we can't get FA's, but the fact is, we haven't really been in position for a while. The day Rose signed that max extension, and the day he got hurt, we became a deadzone for FA's.

We can sign 2 Vet FA's to decent 2 year deals, bring back Rolo with one of our Exceptions, and be a winner from the get go, and be a draw 2 years from now with flexibility. I know everyone hates hearing that because we can't get FA's, but the fact is, we haven't really been in position for a while. The day Rose signed that max extension, and the day he got hurt, we became a deadzone for FA's.
    Also doesnít help that the FO has a putrid rep across the league. Normally, you could potentially change that by bringing in a new GM or VP. Unfortunately for the Bulls, Garpax have been juiced in for seemingly 30 years. Have you listened to them speak? Imagine being a FA and sitting in a meeting with them. Iíd want to leave within 2 minutes. The Bulls arenít signing a star. Theyíre just not.

Also doesnít help that the FO has a putrid rep across the league. Normally, you could potentially change that by bringing in a new GM or VP. Unfortunately for the Bulls, Garpax have been juiced in for seemingly 30 years. Have you listened to them speak? Imagine being a FA and sitting in a meeting with them. Iíd want to leave within 2 minutes. The Bulls arenít signing a star. Theyíre just not.
    If we are a top 5 seed in the East by 2021, I guarantee we will!

If we are a top 5 seed in the East by 2021, I guarantee we will!
    Lol yeah and I guarantee to personally discover time travel.

Who are we getting in 2 years? Curious to hear your list of potential guys who weíre guaranteed to get simply by being a top 5 seed in the East.

Page 50 of 116 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast