Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceGully View Post
    I see a lot of posts saying that ďwe are not quite ready to competeĒ which I donít disagree with but brings up the question...how long should a rebuild take?? Honest question. What is a realistic expectation?
    That all depends on the age of the players you are building with and the route of rebuilding your are taking. For us, we are building through the draft, and we have 3 key players, Lavine, Lauri, Carter, who we need to develop. Lavine is the only one entering his prime. Lauri and Carter are both 2+ years away. That's why it's important to bring in veterans this offseason, that won't be signed for more than 2 years.

What I mean by not ready to compete, is that Prime Free Agents like Kawhi, aren't going to join a team who's key players aren't even close to their prime yet. 2 years from now, things will be different. Our 3 players will be seasoned, and hopefully have some winning seasons to show Free Agents that we are a good team to join. Assuming we don't sign a player for over 2 years, we will have Lauri's extension coming up in 2021, Lavine on the books for 1 more year, and Wendell and our 2019 1st round pick still on rookie contracts. Hopefully we can keep around some of our vets we sign this summer, for a bargain at that point, and bring in a big name.

Back when the White Sox traded away Sale, I said that 2020 was the White Sox year to compete. That basically looks on schedule. The Bulls season is 2021/22. That's when I feel we have to be a proven team or this rebuild was a failure, and our FO will have to go.

Just an idea, would anyone want the Bulls to go all in for Steve Kerr to start 2020 or 2021? The Warriors Dynasty should be winding down, and Kerr should be looking to join the next up and coming team.

Not sure what all in means. Honestly, I donít even know how good Kerr is. That Warriors team was winning the same amount of games with Luke Walton. Iíd take Kerr over Boylen, for sure but itís hard to gauge how good Kerr really is.

I believe it depends more on the ceiling of your best players and how realistic it is for them to reach that ceiling. IMO the only Superstar ceiling on this roster is Lauri and the odds of him reaching it isn't too high. Until you for sure have that guy, then I don't think a rebuild is over. I'm not convinced we have that guy yet, or will ever have them under this FO.

Also, not completely related, but using the injury excuse is a bit lazy. There's no denying they'd have been better without the injuries, but this also may be an injury prone group of players, with arguably the worst training staff in the league to boot.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 06-18-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I believe it depends more on the ceiling of your best players and how realistic it is for them to reach that ceiling. IMO the only Superstar ceiling on this roster is Lauri and the odds of him reaching it isn't too high. Until you for sure have that guy, then I don't think a rebuild is over. I'm not convinced we have that guy yet, or will ever have them under this FO.

Also, not completely related, but using the injury excuse is a bit lazy. There's no denying they'd have been better without the injuries, but this also may be an injury prone group of players, with arguably the worst training staff in the league to boot.
    Not that I disagree exactly, but if this team wins 50 games next year, plenty will be calling LaVine a superstar.

Just go and trade the pick for Jrue holiday and make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Not that I disagree exactly, but if this team wins 50 games next year, plenty will be calling LaVine a superstar.
    That's a big IF

I really wanna steal Caruso And Wagner for the 38th

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I'd put the odds of both scenarios at less than 10%.

Soooo many things would have to break right for that to happen.

The East is about to be extremely weak again. I doubt we get close to 50 wins, but a .500 season isnít out of the question. We were playing .500 baseketball with Porter, and that was short handed. Add in Hutch, Carter, Vet FAs, 7th pick, and we should be at or slightly above .500. Especially if Kawhi and Butler leave the East.

Shcroder & 28 for Denzel, Kris & 38?

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Id do this. Any trade for schroder should be cheap enough and help us compete.

They looking to shed cap so give me Roberson and 21 for a 2nd rounder any day

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    They looking to shed cap so give me Roberson and 21 for a 2nd rounder any day
    Makes too much sense. Reinsdorf will never go for it.

Fun scenario:

- Trade the Thunder Denzel, Kris, Felicio, Blakeney & 2020 2nd round pick for Roberson, Schroder & 21.
    - Trade the 38th to the Lakers for Caruso And Wagner.
    - Draft Culiver, Reddish, Hunter, White, or Doumbouya and Luka Samanic with 2nd pick.
    - Sign Patrick Beverley and Dewayne Dedmon.

Beverley, Schroder, Harrison
    Lavine, Culver, Caruso
    Porter, Roberson, Hutch
    Lauri, Samanic
    Carter, Dedmon, Wagner

Versatility in the starting lineup and off the bench. We could match up well with anyone.
    Last edited by NJrockPD; 06-19-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Page 45 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast