Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Itís not far fetched to say that potential roster (when healthy) is better than this yearís 5-8 in the East.
    Eh....they were the 3rd worst team in the league but adding Bev, Young, and a rookie is going to make them 5-8? I think they could be a playoff team but more likely the 7th or 8th seed. And thatís if their luck turns around with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Eh....they were the 3rd worst team in the league but adding Bev, Young, and a rookie is going to make them 5-8? I think they could be a playoff team but more likely the 7th or 8th seed. And thatís if their luck turns around with injuries.
    But my point was weíre a better team than our record indicated. We won a bunch of games after the Porter trade with a healthy squad, and then went full tank mode the last 10 or so games of the season. And a lot of those losses were obviously in the beginning with the injuries to Dunn, Porter and Lauri and we were rolling out a lineup with Holiday and Parker in it. Barring injuries, I expect a significant turnaround in the W/L columns.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    They were not the 3rd worse team in the league. They didnít have a healthy roster at any point of the season last year. They played musical bodies in the lineup all year and were in complete tank mode the rest of the way. If completely healthy without any additions that team couldíve easily been a 7-8 seed. With a few additions plus a healthy squad. 5-6 shouldnít be impossible. I mean Indiana was a 4-5 seed all last year and their roster is pretty comparable to ours. Iíll even take ours over theirs tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah our record was not indicative of the team we are starting with this year. Porter had us playing .500 basketball, and that was without Carter, any free agents we get, Hutch, and our draft pick this year. We will be a way better team this season. Current roster I see upper 30 wins. With the 2-3 additions we get I see a team that can finish over .500

Wow did not see Horford opting out!

Agreed 100 percent. We were never healthy last year and as soon as we started to win with Porter, that tank narrative set in and we began to shutdown players. That 100 percent wonít happen this year after seeing the new lottery format, tanking is a thing in the past

Giving 33 year old Horford a longer deal doesn't seem all that smart. He'll probably still want a pretty significant salary. The Celtics went from having such a bright future to being such an uncertainty. I think Ainge screwed it all up.
    Last edited by DRose01; 06-18-2019 at 11:04 AM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DRose01 View Post
    Giving 33 year old Horford a longer deal doesn't seem all that smart. He'll probably still want a pretty significant salary. The Celtics went from having such a bright future to being such an uncertainty. I think Ainge screwed it all up.
    Longer for less money may be better. It alsp could open then up to signing somebody woth Kyrie and Horford off the books.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I hope the Bulls can male their way up to #4. Get Garland. But not by trading a key player.

Trade similar to the one the Mavs offered the Hawks. Offer next years top 4 protected. Maybe Kris Dunn as well if u need to. (But honestly i would rather not sell Dunn because gis value is so low).

I see a lot of posts saying that ďwe are not quite ready to competeĒ which I donít disagree with but brings up the question...how long should a rebuild take?? Honest question. What is a realistic expectation?

Quote Originally Posted by VinceGully View Post
    I see a lot of posts saying that ďwe are not quite ready to competeĒ which I donít disagree with but brings up the question...how long should a rebuild take?? Honest question. What is a realistic expectation?
    A long time. Look at a team like the Celtics who had 1000 1st round picks and they havenít made the finals. Same with the 6ers, who are recently having success but still behind Toronto and Milwaukee. Celts donít even have a franchise player. 6ers do, however. I think you go all in once you have a star on the roster. Until then. Youíre still building.

6 part series called before the bigs : Patrick Beverly

I think everyone should watch

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...iH9GXLyLvJp75H

Page 44 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast