Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Bulls Trade and Acquisitions Thread 2019 Off-Season

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    From every indication it's Garland who they covet.
    Some scout probably convinced Pax that hes the next Steph/Kyrie. Potential is not worth Lavine/Lauri because those 2 are still getting better and not even in their primes yet.

This new draft lottery format straight ****ed us.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    From every indication it's Garland who they covet.
    I think there is plenty of chamce is Culver too. They have had him in multiple times. I hope its Garland but alot of smoke around garland too.

Culver is one of the safest picks in this draft. Hes a guy with a near star level Upside, and at worst hes gonna he an above average defender. After the top 3 picks, hes the guy you should take a risk on.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Culver is one of the safest picks in this draft. Hes a guy with a near star level Upside, and at worst hes gonna he an above average defender. After the top 3 picks, hes the guy you should take a risk on.
    Not at the cost of lavine or Lauri which have both been rumored.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Im gonna be happy if one of Culver/Garland/White are on the board at 7 on Thursday night and we draft one of them. If Pax makes the absolute boneheaded decision to trade Zach/Lauri, Im gonna become a Suns fan as Im planning to move to AZ in a few years anyways. Theyll probably be way ahead than us in their rebuild.

Doesn't sound like much of a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Im gonna be happy if one of Culver/Garland/White are on the board at 7 on Thursday night and we draft one of them. If Pax makes the absolute boneheaded decision to trade Zach/Lauri, Im gonna become a Suns fan as Im planning to move to AZ in a few years anyways. Theyll probably be way ahead than us in their rebuild.

I'm fine with them trading Zach say to Atlanta for draft picks. I like Lavine a lot but this team isnt signing a superstar free agent or agents with this regime so they need all the chances they can get to find one in the draft. Being a fringe playoff team in the East is frankly worse than sucking.

Bulls Trade and Acquisitions Thread 2019 Off-Season

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    I'm fine with them trading Zach say to Atlanta for draft picks. I like Lavine a lot but this team isnt signing a superstar free agent or agents with this regime so they need all the chances they can get to find one in the draft. Being a fringe playoff team in the East is frankly worse than sucking.
    If we add a PG like Beverly to the current core, draft one of Culver/Garland/White/Reddish at 7, we will be a competitive team in the East assuming everyone finally stays healthy for a whole season. We were a much better team after the trade, and considering what happened in the draft lottery, I wish we hadnt intentionally gone full tank mode and kept winning, and landed in one of those spots that Memphis and N.O. were in.

Back to the first point, if we can make the playoffs next 2 seasons and compete, we can change the perception of FAs, and at the same time, increase the value of our core guys in case we wanna trade for a star.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Not at the cost of lavine or Lauri which have both been rumored.
    Oh I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    If we add a PG like Beverly to the current core, draft one of Culver/Garland/White/Reddish at 7, we will be a competitive team in the East assuming everyone finally stays healthy for a whole season. We were a much better team after the trade, and considering what happened in the draft lottery, I wish we hadnt intentionally gone full tank mode and kept winning, and landed in one of those spots that Memphis and N.O. were in.

Back to the first point, if we can make the playoffs next 2 seasons and compete, we can change the perception of FAs, and at the same time, increase the value of our core guys in case we wanna trade for a star.
    I think we could afford Beverley and another free agent. Id take Bev and Thad Young. 2 veterans with playoff expietnce and versatility. We would renounce the rights to Rolo, but use the standard exception to bring him back.

That plus the 7th pick, would probably make us a playoff team. If we are healthy all year, Id love to see how our young players react in the playoffs

I think we could afford Beverley and another free agent. Id take Bev and Thad Young. 2 veterans with playoff expietnce and versatility. We would renounce the rights to Rolo, but use the standard exception to bring him back.

That plus the 7th pick, would probably make us a playoff team. If we are healthy all year, Id love to see how our young players react in the playoffs
    Its not far fetched to say that potential roster (when healthy) is better than this years 5-8 in the East.

This rebuild is far from half assed. Lavine is a potential 28+ ppl scorer when he peaks. Lauri is probably going to be a 20+ 10+ stretch 4. Wendell looked pretty good for a 19 year old. We are gonna get a quality player at 7 this year. We have cap space to add multiple Vets right now. We also can use that cap space to eat contracts to acquire 1st round picks. We landed a perfect fitting placeholder 3 for the next 2 years to give us a competent lineup. We also landed that player for 2 below average NBA players. Yes Im calling Portis below average. Dude had plenty of chances to start and he stumbled every chance he got. Hes a solid offensive bench player at best.

Half assed? Not really!
    Meh. It's been fine.

I call it half assed because I don't believe they have a real plan, aside from drafting in the middle of the lottery until the end of time. The players they've acquired are good, probably not great, and unless this FO grows some balls then we're probably looking at a roster that maxes out in the middle of the East again.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 06-18-2019 at 01:13 AM.

I'm on the Culver train too. Dude just looks like he's going to develop into a star. Love his game. Uncanny, he reminds me of Scottie when I watch him play. Garland is likely the better fit for us as far as positional need and draft capital goes, but I have Culver right next to Barrett as far as big board goes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We definitely need to stay put at 7 and hope Garland or Culver falls but realistically I think we will end up drafting Colby White.

As for free agency we should still be somewhat aggressive but do not overspend. We should have enough money to possibly sign two solid players this offseason. If I had a choice, I wouldnt mind seeing us taking a shot on Patrick Beverley and Marcus Morris as long as the price is right. Bulls have a young solid nucleus that will only get better but they lack defense as a team. I believe Beverley and Morris will come in immediately and make us a force on defense, especially with Wendell being back next season.

PG: Bev/White/Dunn
    SG: Lavine/Valentine/Blakeney
    SF: Porter/Hutch
    PF: Lauri/Morris
    C: Carter/Felicio

Hopefully we can also find a decent center for cheap to be behind Carter instead of Felicio.

I think if the Bulls could manage to pull something off like that, they will definitely be a playoff contender. We need to start showing the rest of the league that our young core is playoff worthy so we can become a FA attraction. 2021 is going to be the year where we need to get our top FA since that class is loaded

Am i the only person who might target Ricky Rubio.

Hear me out right. Ricky Rubio is very similar to a guy we were reportedly interested in. Lonzo Ball. Good defender. Great play maker. Not a good shooter but can run the offense.

I also want to point out that I think looking at his stats while in Utah also are not exactly fair. And what do i mean. Rubio is a distributor. And lets be real utah seriously lacks floor spacing with two bigs who cant hit outaide 15 feet. And both prefer to be around the rim.

I just think Rubio could do really well here with spacing all over. And in comparison to what Rose Bring (hype over substance IMO) or Beverly (who is more attitude than player IMO) i think you could make that argument.

Plus I think Rubio would prefer a big market team and likely would not command a long or steep contract either.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 43 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast