Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 42 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1729
  1. #616
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    48,674

  2. #617
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,492
    I'd take Snell or Ersan for their 30th. We can pair 30 and 7 to try and move up, or we can pair 38 and 30 to try to get more middle of the 1st.

    If I was the Bulls I wouldn't hate using our cap space for multiple Salary Dumps to acquire 1st round picks. The Blazers have to be all over these kind of deals right now. They have 3 expiring contracts (Leonard/Harkless/Turner) that they need to dump in order to land some more meaningful help this offseason.

  3. #618
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,180
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV775 View Post
    https://www.inquisitr.com/5486499/nb...da-windy-city/

    Any chance this could actually happen? We keep #7 and gain #11? We could package those picks to ensure we get Garland.
    I'd might do it. Wiggins probably never becomes what many thought he would, but getting 11 would be good. Our defense would be pretty bad though, so we'd need LaVine and Wiggins to both improve greatly on that front. The more I think about it, I might actually say no to that deal. Saric sweetens it for sure and gives us a backup 4, but unless we can count on improvement from Wiggins we basically become the T'Wolves from a few years ago.

  4. #619
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,034
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I'd take Snell or Ersan for their 30th. We can pair 30 and 7 to try and move up, or we can pair 38 and 30 to try to get more middle of the 1st.

    If I was the Bulls I wouldn't hate using our cap space for multiple Salary Dumps to acquire 1st round picks. The Blazers have to be all over these kind of deals right now. They have 3 expiring contracts (Leonard/Harkless/Turner) that they need to dump in order to land some more meaningful help this offseason.
    Too smart of a move. Paxson wouldn't be able lean on his patented, 'we are in a great financial situation' every press conference.

  5. #620
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,034
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV775 View Post
    https://www.inquisitr.com/5486499/nb...da-windy-city/

    Any chance this could actually happen? We keep #7 and gain #11? We could package those picks to ensure we get Garland.
    Does anyone even have to think twice?Saric is a steal in that deal too. Yeah, Wiggins contact sucks but he's young and still a solid player. Getting the 11th pick and another crack at the apple? No ****ing brainer.

  6. #621
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,769
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I'd take Snell or Ersan for their 30th. We can pair 30 and 7 to try and move up, or we can pair 38 and 30 to try to get more middle of the 1st.

    If I was the Bulls I wouldn't hate using our cap space for multiple Salary Dumps to acquire 1st round picks. The Blazers have to be all over these kind of deals right now. They have 3 expiring contracts (Leonard/Harkless/Turner) that they need to dump in order to land some more meaningful help this offseason.
    IDK, im fine with doing it but at the same time I would like to see what we could do in FA. I mean doing this basically gives up any chance at any FA and I would like to pretend to think we could sign a Brogdon in FA.

    Then again, lets be real, maybe FA isnt really a realistic option, But then again is 30 really worth that much. Maybe it is but the truth is we likely end up with 2 years of Snell or Ersan which are really crappy end of bench guys just eating up cap space. They are a little better than Felecio as they can actually play a bit but they are still end of bench type of guys.

    Im indifferent. I just like to think FA would be better than the 30th pick.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  7. #622
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    IDK, im fine with doing it but at the same time I would like to see what we could do in FA. I mean doing this basically gives up any chance at any FA and I would like to pretend to think we could sign a Brogdon in FA.

    Then again, lets be real, maybe FA isnt really a realistic option, But then again is 30 really worth that much. Maybe it is but the truth is we likely end up with 2 years of Snell or Ersan which are really crappy end of bench guys just eating up cap space. They are a little better than Felecio as they can actually play a bit but they are still end of bench type of guys.

    Im indifferent. I just like to think FA would be better than the 30th pick.
    Basically, the only kind of moves I want in Free Agency this year are cheap veteran role players on 2 year deals at most. The reason is because we aren't ready to compete quite yet with our young core. So I would give up this offseason of flexibility, for 2 extra 1st's that we could potential pair to add a higher 1st. We could stock pile assets by doing this, and go into next offseason with even more financial flexibility and 1 or 2 more young assets. That seems like a better option to signing a FA like Brogdon now.

  8. #623
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,769
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Basically, the only kind of moves I want in Free Agency this year are cheap veteran role players on 2 year deals at most. The reason is because we aren't ready to compete quite yet with our young core. So I would give up this offseason of flexibility, for 2 extra 1st's that we could potential pair to add a higher 1st. We could stock pile assets by doing this, and go into next offseason with even more financial flexibility and 1 or 2 more young assets. That seems like a better option to signing a FA like Brogdon now.
    Again though, we are talking about the last pick of the first round as compensation. Just dont have high hopes that we find anyone to contribute with that anyway. Hell maybe the Warriors will like somebody and send us some cash for it. Joking aside I get the ideas of why it would be a good move, but at the same time I think you can also see why the 30th pick in the draft does not exactly seem like compensation I am that interested in. Do you really think 2 years down the road that pick ends up as something. or are we just eating cap space for nothing. I lean to the 2nd despite past success with late picks.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  9. #624
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,095
    Salary dumps like that are what awful teams should be targeting every year until they're good again. I'm hardly surprised, given how bad this FO is, but those moves give you multiple swings at 1st round talent...and all you're doing is taking on a bad contract for a couple years. Just a missed opportunity in this half assed rebuild.

  10. #625
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,727
    I'd consider trading Lavine to atlanta who wants to move up but likley wont and get their #10 and 17 picks plus a future protected pick that you could use to get someone to take otto porter jr so he wont opt in here.

    i like porter

    i like lavine a lot more

    i want this team to get a superstar or be good and thats not happening with free agents and gar/pax.

    at 10 draft nassir little, sit him behind porter for half or all of the year. draft a square body type pf that would allow us to play small at times by playing larui at the 5.

    this is all dependent on culver being there at 7 though.

  11. #626
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,727
    also sign d'lo once the nets sign kyrie, maybe use that future pick in my suggestion to give d'lo the max he can get in terms of years and money via s&t

  12. #627
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,492
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Salary dumps like that are what awful teams should be targeting every year until they're good again. I'm hardly surprised, given how bad this FO is, but those moves give you multiple swings at 1st round talent...and all you're doing is taking on a bad contract for a couple years. Just a missed opportunity in this half assed rebuild.
    This rebuild is far from half assed. Lavine is a potential 28+ ppl scorer when he peaks. Lauri is probably going to be a 20+ 10+ stretch 4. Wendell looked pretty good for a 19 year old. We are gonna get a quality player at 7 this year. We have cap space to add multiple Vets right now. We also can use that cap space to eat contracts to acquire 1st round picks. We landed a perfect fitting placeholder 3 for the next 2 years to give us a competent lineup. We also landed that player for 2 below average NBA players. Yes Iím calling Portis below average. Dude had plenty of chances to start and he stumbled every chance he got. Heís a solid offensive bench player at best.

    Half assed? Not really!

  13. #628
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,769
    I just think this draft will make or break this rebuild. if we end up trading Lavine or Lauri its a huge setback. and while some believe that this is all just smoke and mirrors. I see too much smoke as fire. the Bulls are obviously in love with somebody or it would not be rumored they are looking to move up as hard as they are.

    I am fine with moving up but no a single player in this draft post 3 is worth Lavine or Lauri. and to me those are the two major positive assets we have to move up. I am fine with using a future pick but I think there is a reason both names has been mentioned. they are the two players other teams would be interested in. Our Future pick is questionable and everything else is over paid or kinda trash as an asset.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  14. #629
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,492
    The only person I think theyíd truly move up for is Culver, because he has 2 way star potential. So if they feel that strong about him I guess thatís where the Lavine rumors come in. But I doubt it. The only rumor out there that seems to be a high % chance of happening is Beverley signs with us. I think itís a perfect situation. He wants to be here. Heís from here. We need a 3 and D PG, thatís what he is. We need a hard nosed no non sense vet. Thatís Bev. It just makes all kinds of sense.

  15. #630
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,034
    From every indication it's Garland who they covet.

Page 42 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •