Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCansSam View Post
    As much as I love Lonzos potential (a poor mans Ben Simmons imo) with his defense and passing and rebounding from the PG position. He canít shoot, like AT ALL , 42% from the line wtfffff. he cannot play at the end of close games atp. Give me Brogdon all day.
    Man, even Simmons shoots 60% from the line(20% better than zo lol), like 16% higher from the field, is 6 inches taller....Not to mention better scorer, rebounder, and distributor. Saying Lonzo is a poor man Simmons is like saying Iím a poor mans bill gates. Slight exaggeration, but theyíre not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Man, even Simmons shoots 60% from the line(20% better than zo lol), like 16% higher from the field, is 6 inches taller....Not to mention better scorer, rebounder, and distributor. Saying Lonzo is a poor man Simmons is like saying Iím a poor mans bill gates. Slight exaggeration, but theyíre not even close.

Lolololoool IM talking about lonzos potential ceiling. He Still has a long way to go. I wouldnít bet on him ever reaching it tho thats why I prefer Brogdon.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCansSam View Post
    Lolololoool IM talking about lonzos potential ceiling. He Still has a long way to go. I wouldnít bet on him ever reaching it tho thats why I prefer Brogdon.
    Ah, yeah....agreed

Lonzo could also be a lot like Jason Kidd, who came in the league with no jumper and became an excellent 3pt shooter. Lonzo's what, 20? Sooooooooo many NBA players improve their jumpers over time, he's already an excellent rebounder, distributor, and defender for his position. Centers are shooting 6 three pointers a game who were shooting less than one game earlier in their career, like Brook Lopez. Bosh, Kemba, Ibaka, Kwahi, Millsap, Lowry, even Butler, list goes on. Probably rarer for a poor shooting guard to not improve, actually.

He may never reach his potential, but giving up Dunn and Valentine, neither of whom will probably be here past next year for a shot at that potential is worth it on a rebuilding team. We gave Denzel and Dunn plenty of opportunities already. At worst, expect Lonzo to be elite in PG rebounding, defense and playmaking.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 04-19-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Dude, he shoots 40% from the line lol....even if he improves significantly, mayyyyybe he gets up to 60%? Thatís a huge jump. Also, Kidd improved his shot way later in his career. A career which he was already dominating. I get your point, but lonzo is no J.kidd.

Didn't Andre Drummond JUST go from a 38% free throw shooter to like 75% this year? Not unprecedented. When you're that bad it's much easier to improve significantly, especially if you completely overhaul the jump shot. Previous numbers won't matter then. Also, defense and playmaking is far more important for a PG than shooting, IMO. Here, he'd have at least 3 good to great shooters starting with him, and Wendell looks like he will be fair to good as well.

Don't know what to say about the thought a 20 year old professional NBA player who will put up thousands more shots in his career and practice won't get better. It's almost inevitable. Broken shots get fixed all the time now, with practice and training. Can't teach 6'6" Pg with good passing and the will to play defense.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 04-19-2019 at 09:04 PM.

If we land the 2nd pick, give me Ja Morant and still sign Brogdon. Trade Dunn to the 76ers for their 24th pick and draft Brandon Clarke. Draft Schofield or Grant Williams with our Memphis 2nd rounder. Resign Rolo to fill out the bench.

Morant/Lavine/Porter/Lauri/Wendy
    Brogdon/Schofield/Hutch/Clarke/Rolo or Brogdon/Hutch/Grant/Clarke/Rolo

That team has a potential Elite Distributing and Elite Athlete PG. A SG that has elite athleticism, can get to the rim and shoot 3's, can put up 25+ PPG. A SF that has elite shooting numbers in his career, has great size at SF, defends, is a good team player. A Stretch PF that is becoming so much more than just a Stretch 4. Capable 20+ PPG 10+ RPG player. A young C who is a rim protector, is a great passing C, and would fit in as the perfect upper level Role Player with this team.

The bench would have great size, good shooting, and a couple potential high end defenders in Grant and Clarke.

Wrong forum lol
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 04-19-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Didn't Andre Drummond JUST go from a 38% free throw shooter to like 75% this year? Not unprecedented. When you're that bad it's much easier to improve significantly, especially if you completely overhaul the jump shot. Previous numbers won't matter then. Also, defense and playmaking is far more important for a PG than shooting, IMO. Here, he'd have at least 3 good to great shooters starting with him, and Wendell looks like he will be fair to good as well.

Don't know what to say about the thought a 20 year old professional NBA player who will put up thousands more shots in his career and practice won't get better. It's almost inevitable. Broken shots get fixed all the time now, with practice and training. Can't teach 6'6" Pg with good passing and the will to play defense.
    He went from 38% to 60% and was 59% this year. Thatís basically the jump I conceded ball could take. Could he improve even more than that? Itís possible but I donít think it should be expected.

You're right, he is about 60% now. Think Lonzo will have an easier time improving, he shot almost 70% in college, not good, but way better than since he's been in the league. Most NBA players have a weakness in some area, shooting is an important one, but like I said, I'd prioritize elite playmaker/defender over scorer at the PG position. Just my opinion. The rebounding and tenacity is a bonus. Real ballers ball, whether they shoot well or not, they'll add wins. Not playing on the Ball name, lol.

Iíll never understand how some players are good/solid FT shooters in college, yet regress so badly in the NBA. It makes no sense whatsoever. But it happens a good bit.

Not saying I think he's the future of the franchise, lol. But think he could be a great piece, maybe even get to be an All-star level player and if the cost is Dunn and Valentine, sign me up. Only REAL downside is his Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iíll never understand how some players are good/solid FT shooters in college, yet regress so badly in the NBA. It makes no sense whatsoever. But it happens a good bit.
    Because like a golf swing, shooting is fickle. Correcting form can sometimes do more harm than good, but it usually helps.

Iíd rather take my chances with one of the top 3 PGs in the draft than invest time, money, and headaches in Ball.

You draft Morant if we luck out and whatever preference in White or Garland if we donít. Prioritize Brogdon in Free Agency. Go after Collison or Rose if the Bucks match.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Iíd rather take my chances with one of the top 3 PGs in the draft than invest time, money, and headaches in Ball.

You draft Morant if we luck out and whatever preference in White or Garland if we donít. Prioritize Brogdon in Free Agency. Go after Collison or Rose if the Bucks match.
    Idk. I look at it as Dunn vs Lonzo not lonzo vs garland or JA.

I also dont know where the infatuation for Brogdon is coming from. I am not saying he is bad but im not sure he is great either. Nor do i think him and lavine look good together. I also don't think his ideal role is PG (which is what we need)

If it came down to it i would probably take a shot on Lonzo as opposed to Dunn. And if we luck out and end up with Zion. We have our PG. Id we get Ja. U have your backup. And if you get Garland you have insurance in case he needs time like many PGs Do.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast