Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    An honest question. How does NY or Brooklyn have more assets to trade for AD than the Bulls. Iím not saying AD wants to come or that we should trade for him but what in Godís world does NY have of value outside #3 draft pick this year? And Brooklyn doesnít have anything unless youíre counting a sign a trade of D Lo? Itís saddening to see us not even in the conversation [emoji2365]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I posted an article earlier where somebody was quoted that the worst kept secret in yhe nba is AD does not want to play for the bulls. Its not about assets. Its about our poorlu ly run franchise

Here is the article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...ulls-franchise
    Last edited by Kyben36; 06-11-2019 at 08:22 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I have an issue with trading for AD either way though, Lets be real, its going to take a ton of assets to get him. Likely Lauri + 7 + one of Porter JR or Lavine. Maybe even more.

Now the question is is a roster of Lavine (or porter) Anthony Davis and Carter really competitive. We have seen how despite his talent that AD has not been able to get the pelicans to the playoffs. Jrue Holiday is likely on par with whichever player we have left on our team to pair with AD. and as far as Carter no matter what you say he surely isnt as good as Cousins and that team also failed to live up to expectations.

so I really dont know. Do I want AD.... sure, I think combined with his health being iffy, and our team being a mess post trade. I just dont see how anyone thinks this would look good. This isnt a trade like the Raptors where they were competitive and basically gave up a Single Good/great Wing and a prospect who really didnt play for them and basically call it an upgrade. this is going to tear the foundation we have laid apart. and lets be honest Bigs dont win the way they used to. its a guard/wing driven league.

And BTW, These talks of AD are exactly why I dont think you can trust GARPAX and this plan we have set. I could easily see them say go get AD and then have a really poor roster next year. Basically trade Lavine Lauri and 7 and hope AD can draw a FA and stay himself (which we have seen fail) I dont want any part of it.

-Rem Koolhaas

Letís say we give them Porter + Lauri + 7 + future first or w/e..whatís our cap situation after that with ADís salary in there? Do we have a max slot to chase one of the star wing FAs? Obviously with AD here, it would put us in play for FA.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Letís say we give them Porter + Lauri + 7 + future first or w/e..whatís our cap situation after that with ADís salary in there? Do we have a max slot to chase one of the star wing FAs? Obviously with AD here, it would put us in play for FA.
    WE have $23,871,378 in cap space projected

AD makes $27,093,019

Porter makes $27,250,575
    Lauri is due $5,300,400

Total we would save $5,457,956

Total cap would increase to $29,329,334

------------------------------------------------

So the Answer..... Sort of yes, It depends on how many years they have been in the league. there is a breakdown on this website.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/...or-201920.html

Basically anyone with 7 years or more a max contract would not be fulfilled. So basically its Deagelo Rusell or bust, unless somebody comes here for less. and the truth is I dont know if the Nets let Deagelo walk or not. they can offer him more and I just dont see them loosing him for nothing.

-Rem Koolhaas

What if a sniper were to take out Felicio? That would give us another $8m. That should do it!

What if a sniper were to take out Felicio? That would give us another $8m. That should do it!
    I dont advocate for violence.

But the truth is 1) idk if that trade gets it done. 2) its likely they would want us to take back something else as well. Like soloman Hill. Or not takw back Porter 3) AD doesn't want to play for us anyway.

-Rem Koolhaas

I love Lauri as much as anyone on here, but if AD was open to being traded here and see how he gelled with Lavine/Porter/WCJ + a free agent PG like Bev, I would take that chance because at some point you need to take that risk to break out of this mediocrity barrier. Philly/Boston/Toronto could be weaker next year depending on where their FAs go, so thereís a chance you could really compete and make a deep run. A 2nd round appearance even could entice AD to stay and recruit another star.
    I'm not against it, but I just don't feel like AD guarantees you anything for a year like Kawhi did (assuming he stayed healthy like he did). We've seen Kawhi in the Finals before, we've seen him go toe to toe with Lebron, and we've seen him be a legitimate MVP candidate as recently as 2 years ago.

AD is great, but he's never really carried a team anywhere, is a bit injury prone, and I think sitting out a season in your prime because you want to be traded is a really questionable decision.

I would make the move for him as well, because I fully agree, we're probably headed for mediocrity again anyway, unless there's a ballsy move like this. But I wouldn't feel great about it, that's all.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 06-11-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm not against it, but I just don't feel like AD guarantees you anything for a year like Kawhi did (assuming he stayed healthy like he did). We've seen Kawhi in the Finals before, we've seen him go toe to toe with Lebron, and we've seen him be a legitimate MVP candidate as recently as 2 years ago.

AD is great, but he's never really carried a team anywhere, is a bit injury prone, and I think sitting out a season in your prime because you want to be traded is a really questionable decision.

I would make the move for him as well, because I fully agree, we're probably headed for mediocrity again anyway, unless there's a ballsy move like this. But I wouldn't feel great about it, that's all.
    Ya I have 0 faith left in lottery balls bouncing our way in the future, and we know how luring top FAs have panned out. Giving up a talent like Lauri would break my heart, but we can either sit on our hands and hope/pray he and Zach become a superstar duo that will lead us to titles in the future, or GarPax flashes some balls of steel and pulls off a blockbuster trade without any guarantees past next season. If we win, make a playoff run, I donít see why AD would wanna go join a 35yr old Lebron in the West instead of building a championship team with a younger group here. He could sign an extension and we can still position ourselves for 2021 to add another max.

Bottom line is if we wanna be relevant again, I feel it has to be via trade.

Ya I have 0 faith left in lottery balls bouncing our way in the future, and we know how luring top FAs have panned out. Giving up a talent like Lauri would break my heart, but we can either sit on our hands and hope/pray he and Zach become a superstar duo that will lead us to titles in the future, or GarPax flashes some balls of steel and pulls off a blockbuster trade without any guarantees past next season. If we win, make a playoff run, I donít see why AD would wanna go join a 35yr old Lebron in the West instead of building a championship team with a younger group here. He could sign an extension and we can still position ourselves for 2021 to add another max.

Because LeBron is still the best when it counts, and Golden State won't be golden state next season. No Durant, no auto win.

They'll be the number one seed but beatable; unless they lose Klay and KD

Make no mistake ; on a game to game basis Kawhi is now the best all around player. Just not in a playoff spurt but that can change as LBJ is yet another year older. Leonard would be another great guy to join with. Go to the Clippers with him.
    Last edited by blams; 06-12-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Strongly agree. I don't see it happening in the draft by consistently drafting 7th and there's no chance they lure anyone have in FA.

So basically open to trading LaVine and Porter. No one else really matters. Thatís good. They shouldnít be untouchable and as much as I like LaVine, I do worry about him getting injured again and I imagine his value has to be pretty high.

Only trade we should make is eating salary for a 1st rounder. The Blazers are the perfect trade partner for this. We can eat Meyers Leonard or Moe Harkless for 1 year. Dunn for Reggie Jackson and Detroit's 1st makes sense too. Sign Pat Bev if you get Harkless. Sign Thad Young if you get Jackson. Bring back Rolo. Draft Culver, Hunter, or Reddish with our pick. Pair our Memphis 2nd and Blazers 1st and try to move up for Brandon Clarke.

I don't see why any of them are untouchable, but that's good to hear, I guess.

I really like what LaVine did last season, but you may not have a better opportunity to sell high on him.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't see why any of them are untouchable, but that's good to hear, I guess.

I really like what LaVine did last season, but you may not have a better opportunity to sell high on him.
    Exactly. Although, there is also a chance he has an even better season than last year. But if the offer is legit, you do it.

Page 33 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast