Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 102 of 116 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1729
    I agree. We don't know his reason for that, he very well may see it as motivation. Honestly know some of those guys are fired up when they see that. But these guys need to be bukit up, not broken down. Been breaking them down with losses and tanking for two years. They need to see some winning, for real. Even if it is to be a 7th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    I agree. We don't know his reason for that, he very well may see it as motivation. Honestly know some of those guys are fired up when they see that. But these guys need to be bukit up, not broken down. Been breaking them down with losses and tanking for two years. They need to see some winning, for real. Even if it is to be a 7th seed.
    These are millionaire athletes. You don’t need to “motivate” them by basically saying whatever happens happens. As VP, you should lay out what is expected and set a standard. But whatever, if they’re healthy, no excuses.

Bulls Trade and Acquisitions Thread 2019 Off-Season

All Pax had to do was come out and say:

“last 2 seasons we’ve been getting our main guys healthy (Zach and Lauri) and developing them at the same time and in the process have been able to add some really good young talent (Wendell and White). With the trade for Otto in February and FAs we added this summer, our goal is to take that next step to becoming a contender and aim for the playoffs, that is what we want to play for next season.”

Now don’t you all think potential FAs in 2021 would’ve loved to hear that coming out of the leader’s mouth they might want to play for?

This guy just wants to save his *** as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    All Pax had to do was come out and say:

“last 2 seasons we’ve been getting our main guys healthy (Zach and Lauri) and developing them at the same time and in the process have been able to add some really good young talent (Wendell and White). With the trade for Otto in February and FAs we added this summer, our goal is to take that next step to becoming a contender and aim for the playoffs, that is what we want to play for next season.”

Now don’t you all think potential FAs in 2021 would’ve loved to hear that coming out of the leader’s mouth they might want to play for?

This guy just wants to save his *** as much as possible.
    Nah, free agents love hearing playoffs would be great, but need to be realistic.

It’s funny, our FO actually made the right moves pretty much this whole rebuild, including making sure when they took a chance in Parker, that it would be short term.

They also have been openly saying exactly what we are doing, like literally freaking spelling it out, but now you guys are digging into the way our GM said something? Well **** if that is how far we have to reach to hate on an upward moving rebuild, than we must be doing something right!

The Butler trade was a win. We landed Lavine, a 23 year old who just put up 23.7/4.7/4.5. Lauri, a 21 year old putting up the numbers Dirk did at this point of his career. We drafted smart with Wendell. We maximized Portis and Parker, for a top 15 SF, in his prime, who’s highly efficient and a 2 way player. We signed the perfect fitting Veteran in Thad, and an efficient multi positional PG/Wing in Satoransky. We have a fully functional starting rotationand a solid bench.

What again are we composing about? That our GM didn’t kiss our players and fans *** by saying what they want to hear? Who cares? We are doing what we should. Watch this team first. We aren’t the same 5th worst record in the league team. We haven’t been since the day we got Porter, and now we added Thad, Sato, and a couple promising draft picks.

So saying the standard and expectation for the team is a playoff birth is kissing the players and fans ***? Well then....

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    So saying the standard and expectation for the team is a playoff birth is kissing the players and fans ***? Well then....
    Lol keep twisting it how you want. Stop looking for things to hate, when the real reasons to hate are slipping away. I’m 100% convinced that you guys are so bitter about the Rose era, that you guys won’t even be happy if this rebuild pans out. You’ll find something to ***** about. Like how Pax words **** lol

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Lol keep twisting it how you want. Stop looking for things to hate, when the real reasons to hate are slipping away. I’m 100% convinced that you guys are so bitter about the Rose era, that you guys won’t even be happy if this rebuild pans out. You’ll find something to ***** about. Like how Pax words **** lol
    Interesting. You twisted all of our words, and now you’re saying stop twisting yours. Classic. Either way, I don’t need to look for reasons to be disappointed with the Bulls. They’re clearly visible for all of America to see. However, if the Bulls become entertaining and good again, I’ll be happy about it. Until then, I’m not going to be optimistically defending garpax. Pretty sure you’re the only person on this board, and most likely the city who does that.

Nah, free agents love hearing playoffs would be great, but need to be realistic.
    Lol we got the FAs we are going to get this and next year. I’m sure in 2 years, all the FAs are going to be like “F the Bulls, Pax is mean and didn’t have faith in his young players”!

Just like people in here said Thad wouldn’t come here to take a bench role huh?

Lol we got the FAs we are going to get this and next year. I’m sure in 2 years, all the FAs are going to be like “F the Bulls, Pax is mean and didn’t have faith in his young players”!

Hey man, that’s great. We’ll see what happens in 2021. I know, I know, Bulls are getting Giannis.

Interesting. You twisted all of our words, and now you’re saying stop twisting yours. Classic. Either way, I don’t need to look for reasons to be disappointed with the Bulls. They’re clearly visible for all of America to see. However, if the Bulls become entertaining and good again, I’ll be happy about it. Until then, I’m not going to be optimistically defending garpax. Pretty sure you’re the only person on this board, and most likely the city who does that.
    Probably because they got Royally ****ed the same year they signed Rose to a 5 year Max deal lol. At that point nothing they could have done would have saved that era. No one was trading for Rose, and we were strapped to bargain bin deals like Gasol until Rose was gone. Post Rose they tried to win 1 year and decided to rebuild. And that 1 year where they overpaid Wade, and signed Rondo, they were smart enough to keep those deals short. 2011-15’s shortcomings were solely on a catostrophic injury to a player taking up a 3rd of our cap. 2016 didn’t work, and we moved on instantly and started this Total gut job rebuild. 2017 we landed one of the best players in the draft at 7 and we got a young SG with unlimited upside. 2018 we landed another solid piece at 7, and traded for a solid Wing, who again isn’t tying us down long term. 2019 we landed the right veteran FAs to help our young guys push forward on their progression. And here we are. We aren’t really skipping steps and trying to build a short term roster with a slim championship window. We are going about it perfectly, and setting ourselves up for long term success. FACT

Hey man, that’s great. We’ll see what happens in 2021. I know, I know, Bulls are getting Giannis.
    Lol I’m not even sitting here saying he’s coming here, but our young core is setup to where that’s the year we should try to land someone like that. You can make fun of us going for it in 2021 all you want, but that’s exactly what we are doing. Don’t kill the messenger.

I know that’s what they’re doing. You’re just infinitely more optimistic than I am that they’ll land anyone of significance. I actually like the rebuild so far. They just need to stay healthy and produce on the court. That remains to be seen so we’ll see what happens. The way I look at it is, they were mediocre before Rose. Early exit playoff team with no stars. They lucked out with a 1.7% chance and were gifted a future MVP. Since then, they’ve been mediocre and bad.

Excuse me for not sharing in your defense of Garpax. Either way, this convo is tired and dumb. Let’s keep the discussion to current events.

Had pax come out and said we intend to be a playoff team and intend to compete, the same folks criticizing him would be calling him a fool for being pie in the sky and the same ones defending him would be defending that statement. It’s cool to like him or dislike him, but people’s opinions are baked in at this point. He won’t be doing anything short of winning a chip that will sway anyone.

I had said they would have to overpay and that was pretty much how it played out IMO.