Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 116 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1729

Bulls Trade and Acquisitions Thread 2019 Off-Season

Iíll be very disappointed if both Zach and Lauri donít take a HUGE step next season. And I mean 27ppg at good efficiency from Zach and 24 & 10 from Lauri.

If Lavine is around 27 ppg, I'd be happy with Lauri around 21 ppg and porter around 17 ppg. I wanna see Wendell around 14-15.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bu...rong-offseason

"I think, always, when you step on the court as a coach or a player, your goal has to be to win at the highest level you possibly can, whatever your potential is. And so if playoffs is something that weíre good enough to move toward, thatís great," Paxson said. "But like I said, we have to get back to being a hard playing, competitive team. And I think a lot of it is oftentimes is the coach dictates your attitude as a team. I think Jim Boylen brings a toughness and an attitude to our group, which we need."

"I never want to sit here and say, hey weíre gonna do this or that. My thing, weíve had these two years that have been rough. We can point to a lot of things. We have had a lot of odd injuries that are tough to deal with and itís difficult on all of us because we sit there at games you watch your fans come in and support you and youíre putting out a team that you know isntí at t level that you want them to be,.

"We first and foremost need to stay healthy, we need to come together as a group, I think we have a deeper basketball teamÖI think we have some depth that we havenít had in the past, but make no bones about this: our success or lack thereof is going to be determined by the growth of the young guys that we have."

Basically what I took out of his comments about playoffs. He's not putting our team down in any way. He just isn't saying "yeah we are playoff team" even though we have been Awful for 2 years. He pointed out that we have the Vets and Depth in place now, and that it's up to our young core to play to their potential and stay on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Emphasis on ďIFĒ. Also if you look at Paxís quotes, he says the same thing. ďIFĒ our young guys perform. If they donít Iím sure we will send them around the league and try to build a different way. But right now it makes all the sense to do it how we are doing it because itís the most sustainable way to go about it. We are going for long term success 1st.
    Yes because if there is one FO that knows how to do it right it is the Bulls FO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    The most entertaining thing above all else is that he has ultimate job security, but still possesses no balls to ever take a risk.
    bingo

It's so frustrating to watch GarPax continue to show such a lack of interest in taking on $$$ for pick(s). Use Memphis as an example; Also in a rebuild (behind Bulls, but both are clearly not title contenders) and instead of choosing to sign a veteran for depth/leadership they took on $$$+got a pick that should be a highly valued commodity down the road. On top of that they may get ANOTHER 1st by flipping Iggy.

Maybe it's just me but if I have the choice of Thaddeus Young or 2 future 1sts (1 likely in the lottery) it seems like a no brainer. A pick surplus opens up avenues that would otherwise be closed (if LAC doesn't have a pick surplus they don't get Kawhi or PG).

More political talk from the paxinator. ďHey, if our ceiling is playoffs, great. If not, then itís not. We have to play tough. Thatís why boylen is here. Itís up to the young guys.Ē

The guy talks in circles. If you donít think the talent youíve assembled can make it as an 8th seed in the eastern conference, then thatís a problem. Year 3 into the rebuild? I think that should be the goal with young talent and vet additions. But according to pax, itís up in the air lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Emphasis on ďIFĒ. Also if you look at Paxís quotes, he says the same thing. ďIFĒ our young guys perform. If they donít Iím sure we will send them around the league and try to build a different way. But right now it makes all the sense to do it how we are doing it because itís the most sustainable way to go about it. We are going for long term success 1st.
    It really doesn't make that much sense to do it this way anymore. These guys are stuck in the past with their team building philosophy, especially in a large market like this.

There is so much player movement nowadays that if all you're doing is building and not taking any chances, you're very likely headed straight for the middle again. I mean, cool, they're going to have cap space in 2021 so they can strike out on Giannis and probably overpay a 2nd/3rd tier guy instead. That's a waste of time.

The good FO's in this league stack assets and take risks with those assets to put them over the top when necessary. It's fair to say we're not at that point yet, sure, but do you honestly believe Paxson will ever make a ballsy move when that time comes?

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It really doesn't make that much sense to do it this way anymore. These guys are stuck in the past with their team building philosophy, especially in a large market like this.

There is so much player movement nowadays that if all you're doing is building and not taking any chances, you're very likely headed straight for the middle again. I mean, cool, they're going to have cap space in 2021 so they can strike out on Giannis and probably overpay a 2nd/3rd tier guy instead. That's a waste of time.

The good FO's in this league stack assets and take risks with those assets to put them over the top when necessary. It's fair to say we're not at that point yet, sure, but do you honestly believe Paxson will ever make a ballsy move when that time comes?
    I do wonder who theyíre going to overpay in 2021. Hopefully Lauri and LaVine are all stars and legit killers by then.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

We have a winner.

I mean, just look around the league... the Lakers, Clippers, Sixers, Nets (in 2020-21) are all title contenders because they've made some risky trades that panned out.

Morey went all in by dealing for Westbrook. Massai went all in for one season of Kawhi. Obviously not all of these moves will pan out in the long run, but you have a hell of a lot better chance than wherever the Bulls are headed.

You can't just slow play a rebuild anymore... and frankly, 3 years is enough time to see results, but that's another discussion. These guys are going to jump from team to team and play with their friends unless it's somehow restricted in the next CBA.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 07-12-2019 at 05:38 PM.

It's only been two years, with a LOT of injuries and a LOT of tanking. Also added some strong pieces this off-season. No one has any idea how good this team can be, if healthy. Lavine and Lauri look damn good, expect Carter Jr and White to at least be good, and Porter is criminally underrated, his shot attempts were buried in WA. No bad contracts give you mid-season flexibility, as well as expirings, like Felicio. We have enough young players, getting vets is a priority to help them develop, learn how to win.

Lavine said the other day, I've been losing since I've been in the league. Give out young boys a fair shot to win half their games, at least. Don't waste Lavine and Lauri for the 26th pick in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    It's only been two years, with a LOT of injuries and a LOT of tanking. Also added some strong pieces this off-season. No one has any idea how good this team can be, if healthy. Lavine and Lauri look damn good, expect Carter Jr and White to at least be good, and Porter is criminally underrated, his shot attempts were buried in WA. No bad contracts give you mid-season flexibility, as well as expirings, like Felicio. We have enough young players, getting vets is a priority to help them develop, learn how to win.

Lavine said the other day, I've been losing since I've been in the league. Give out young boys a fair shot to win half their games, at least. Don't waste Lavine and Lauri for the 26th pick in 2021.
    I think this team if healthy could easily be a playoff team. Health is paramount. Iím just disappointed, yet not surprised that pax wonít even put it out there. Heís setting the bar low. If they miss the loffs, he told everyone they may not be ready. If they make it, they ďsurpassedĒ expectations.