Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 1,591 to 1,596 of 1596
    I have a question about a couple rosters. What does everyone think about the Pacers and Nets.

The Pacers are likely without Oladipo until January. That's near half the season. I don't think replacing Collison/Bojan/Thad with Brogdon/Lamb/Warren makes them better and I'd argue it makes them worse. They were 16-23 without Oladipo last year, with a deeper team with better veterans. They could easily be well under .500 at the midway point.

Are the Nets really that much better with Kyrie. Assume KD misses the whole season because that's what it sounds like. I can't imagine they will play DJ and Allen together. They don't really have a legit PF this year. They are listing Kurucs and Prince there. They lost depth with Carroll, RHJ moving on. Kyrie has missed at least 10 games in all but 1 season in his entire career. He missed 22 and 15 regular season games the last 2 years. On average he misses 18 games a season. Can they really make the playoffs with Kyrie missing 12-15, and KD playing zero games? I'm not so sure about that. They have 2 good rim running Centers, but both are offensive liabilities, and they can't play together. They have no PF's. I don't even think they are better than last year with Kyrie over Russell, because they lost a good amount of depth. Obviously they are a contender with KD, but he isn't playing any time soon.

To me these are sure fire playoff teams at all.

i'd do derozan for porter jr and the garpax special of an unneeded second round pick. derozan is more likely to not exercise his option than porter jr, and head west next summer.

i dont want to hear arguments, i mean you guys will make them anyway. about how derozan makes this team worse or better, im not interested in that, this team isnt winning it all in 2019, not even close.

The more I look at Satoransky's numbers at 27 compared to Joe Ingles at 31, I think we got a potential steal in that signing. They have almost identical 3 point %'s, but Sato's FG% and FT% is better. Sato's assist rate is also higher. There SPG and TPG rates are similar. The only thing that Joe has been better at is RPG and 3PM. With the minutes bump for Sato, I think he's going to put up numbers similar if not better than Ingles, and Ingles is a pretty damn good role player.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I don't like Derozan at all. He is a solid player but he is a post up 2 who wont thrive as a 3. I would rather stick with porter and the great fit he has and make Lavine and Lauri step up.

I can see why some might say yes. But I also don't see this dillusional they will give him to us for Porter scenario. Which everyone keep proposing for everyone. Nobody wants porter that bad. We gave up 2 expirings for him. Unless we include a ton of picks which u know garpax won't.

Also don't like the idea that u have to resign him. Either next offseason or in 2021.
    Last edited by Kyben36; Today at 12:03 AM.

If we were trading for Derozan, Iíd assume Lavine would be the chip. Derozan is ball dominant. Heís signal trying to compete now. Thatís a better fit at SG next to Porter than at SF next to Lavine. Iíd say Going into his 30 year old season, Derozan has 3-5 elite years left. I guess itís preference. 1 guy has peaked the other is entering his prime. Standing pat doesnít seem all that bad here. At the same time, Iíd like our chances at the playoffs with Derozan, but if we donít think we can be a title contender with that core, donít do it

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If we were trading for Derozan, Iíd assume Lavine would be the chip. Derozan is ball dominant. Heís signal trying to compete now. Thatís a better fit at SG next to Porter than at SF next to Lavine. Iíd say Going into his 30 year old season, Derozan has 3-5 elite years left. I guess itís preference. 1 guy has peaked the other is entering his prime. Standing pat doesnít seem all that bad here. At the same time, Iíd like our chances at the playoffs with Derozan, but if we donít think we can be a title contender with that core, donít do it
    I agree with the fit. Lavine and Derozan may be athletic but they are both ball dominant neither would be good defenders for their positions IMO. And once again stop thinking you will be able to get something for nothing with Otto porter. It would take 3 years of first to pull it off like that and Garpax won't do that.

It would remind me of Gay and Derozan back in the day and how that failed in everything but 2K.

But seriously if you going to trade for him it likely takes Zack. And to me your basically trading a 23 year old who is as good as the 30 year old who your trading for. Its basically we cant wait make this work now move with this core that is just too young.

I mean if we arnt pretending he is just given away. Zack lavine vs him are basically identical at this point.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

I also hate trading for a 30 YO athletic based player. Plus he was awful shooting the 3 ball last year. Maybe its an anomoly but Porter is a great off ball player to fill in around Zach and Lauri.