Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1662
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Heís basically saying even if we suck again next season, Jerry still isnít gonna fire me.
    The most entertaining thing above all else is that he has ultimate job security, but still possesses no balls to ever take a risk.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    What is happening... like this off season has been insane
    The thing that is awsome though. Not a single team IMO is just super favored IMO. Back to competitive basketball.

There are going to be some killer series in the playoffs this year

Wariors
    Nuggets
    Blazers
    Rockets
    Jazz
    Clippers
    Lakers

I could see any team beating any other out in the west

And that does not include.

Kings
    Pelicans
    Mavs

The east is a little more unbalanced as there are only 2 or 3 great teams now.

76ers
    Milwalkee
    Maybe the Pacers or Nets
    Last edited by Kyben36; 07-11-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    The thing that is awsome though. Not a single team IMO is just super favored IMO. Back to competitive basketball.

There are going to be some killer series in the playoffs this year

Wariors
    Nuggets
    Blazers
    Rockets
    Jazz
    Clippers
    Lakers

I could see any team beating any other out in the west

And that does not include.

Kings
    Pelicans
    Mavs

The east is a little more unbalanced as there are only 2 or 3 great teams now.

76ers
    Milwalkee
    Maybe the Pacers or Nets
    I feel like teams are getting back to 2 star systems. Thatís the way they should be for competitive b-ball.

I really like the Jazz team. Adding Bojan and Conley to Mitchell/Ingles/Gobert is filthy.

ďWeíre looking at things realistically. We understand where weíre at. Honestly, I want our group to be competitive. I want our fan base to look out at our team and say, ĎOK, these guys are playing hard. Theyíre showing us they care and thereís a real chance that if the young guys develop, this is going to be a real good basketball team.í You want the superstars. You want to do what the Clippers are doing and the Lakers are doing, but weíre realistic right now. Weíre not in that position. We hope that in a couple years with the development of these young guys, players around the league view us as a destination point where they can win at the highest level. I believe weíll be there if our young guys perform the way we hope they will.Ē

-Johm Paxson

The last 2 sentences are 100% on point with our current position. They arenít going after big contracts for 30+ year olds right now and tying down our future. They want to let our young core prove their worth, and go into a big free agency as a destination. Thatís how you build a deep sustainable dynasty. The Rockets shelf life is going to be short, and the fall will be sharp. The Lakers could be in the same boat in a few years. We are looking for sustainabilit, not chasing a couple years of potential glory at the wrong time in a rebuild.

Well at least we can take away from this interview is that Pax is gearing up for 2021 FA, so expect him to make cap clearing moves these next 2 seasons. Hope we can free up 2 max slots. Itís a lot more appealing to a star if he can bring another one with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Well at least we can take away from this interview is that Pax is gearing up for 2021 FA, so expect him to make cap clearing moves these next 2 seasons. Hope we can free up 2 max slots. Itís a lot more appealing to a star if he can bring another one with him.
    We will only have Lavines big contract and Lauriís extension due in 2021. I donít think we need to unload anything really. Sato is guaranteed what 5 million that year and Thad 6 or 7?

Yep. I can start dreaming about Giannis now.

Looks like you need a star to get a star nowadays. That's why trading for the first one, and getting one to join, is probably better than freeing up cap space. Couple of the teams getting star players this summer didn't even have the cap space, amde trades to clear room or just traded pieces and picks.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Looks like you need a star to get a star nowadays. That's why trading for the first one, and getting one to join, is probably better than freeing up cap space. Couple of the teams getting star players this summer didn't even have the cap space, amde trades to clear room or just traded pieces and picks.
    Yeah but if we can develop a star or 2 from the inside, thatís how you end up with 3, and a dynasty. The Bulls FO is giving Lavine and Lauri the chance to be great, because we are in a position where we can and should. Our guys are so young, that we can use this next 2 years to develop, and figure out who to keep long term, and who to dangle around as potential trade bait if we donít think they are the answer.

I think out mives this offseason took steps to put our young core in a position to succeed. The biggest move that put us in that position was stealing Porter from the Wizards though

I feel like the Rockets wonít win a ship with this group, and if they donít, they are gonna be in NBA hell for a decade. Kind of where the Cavs are at now, and Miami is in the middle of it.

Get ready to miss out on all the stars in the 21 FA class bois

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Get ready to miss out on all the stars in the 21 FA class bois
    If Lauri and Lavine are All Stars by then, I would highly doubt that.

Emphasis on ďIFĒ. Also if you look at Paxís quotes, he says the same thing. ďIFĒ our young guys perform. If they donít Iím sure we will send them around the league and try to build a different way. But right now it makes all the sense to do it how we are doing it because itís the most sustainable way to go about it. We are going for long term success 1st.

And imagine how good we'd be if Dunn had actually panned out. Still think he's a solid rotation piece, if not a starter, here or somewhere else, but if he develops some offense, really would have been a great pairing with Zach. Lavine's going to be an All star at some point, just have to hold on to him. Lauri's age, skillset, athleticism, he should see an Allstar game or two as well. Hope we can hold on to them.