Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    To be fair, he looked unreal that game.

To be fair, Teague was a late first rounder (usually ends up as a nothing) and we gave up nothing for payne as well.

7th overall pick, you're expected to do something with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    To be fair, Teague was a late first rounder (usually ends up as a nothing) and we gave up nothing for payne as well.

7th overall pick, you're expected to do something with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I disagree on payne. You gave up a fringe starting big man and a quality 3pt shooter. You can say whay you want about both but both had roles in an nba game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I disagree on payne. You gave up a fringe starting big man and a quality 3pt shooter. You can say whay you want about both but both had roles in an nba game.
    Not to mention a quality 3pt shooter who you traded two 1st round picks to get not long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Not to mention a quality 3pt shooter who you traded two 1st round picks to get not long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The whole trade hinged on Payne becoming a good player. And the fact the Thunder were willing yo give up ok him said more than enough to me. Not to mention we fave up a 2nd round pick too.

The 3 worst moves the Bulls made:
    Passing on Draymond for Teague in a panic after Rose got hurt.
    Trading 2 picks with quality NBA players in those slots for Doug.
    Trading Doug and Taj for Payne

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    You also held onto that big man (Taj) waaaay longer than you ever should have. It's not the first time this FO has held onto an asset to the point of them having depreciating value. They did the same thing with Deng.

I will give them credit for moving Butler when they did though.

Bulls are bringing Arci back and looks like they're letting Selden walk.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Bulls are bringing Arci back and looks like they're letting Selden walk.
    This is great news imo. I´m a fan of Arci and what he brings to the game.
    Great player to be behind Coby.

I hope we sign a veteran PG to a 1 year deal and trade Dunn (not a fan).

Vet PG - Coby - Arci

Quote Originally Posted by O_Touro View Post
    This is great news imo. I´m a fan of Arci and what he brings to the game.
    Great player to be behind Coby.

I hope we sign a veteran PG to a 1 year deal and trade Dunn (not a fan).

Vet PG - Coby - Arci
    I also want a veteran PG, but I wouldn't trade Dunn right now. I would give him playing time early in the year, and hope that the arrival of a Veteran and White makes him play better. I'd trade him at the trade deadline. Dunn's value can't get much worse, but it can get better.

Let Dunn play half a season with a competent lineup, and a veteran and rookie pushing him for PT, and maybe he will step up. By the Deadline, a playoff team could be dealing with depth issues at PG, and might have an expiring contract and 1st round pick they are willing to dump for PG help. Right now, we would probably get a 2nd round pick at best.

I think the Blazers are a great fit for Dunn. They are pretty capped out, and they have 2 expiring deals, (Harkless and Leonard) that should be expendable. I can't see them bringing Curry back after trading for Bazemore. I'd offer them Dunn and a future 2nd round pick for Harkless and a late 1st round pick in 2020.

I wouldn’t give up on Dunn just yet we shouldn’t be in the business of giving away cheap young lottery players just because they have been inconsistent. He showed signs before falling face first after a dunk. While I don’t think he’ll ever be anything we aren’t in the position to do so and shouldn’t be in a rush

Another guy I think we should look into when he is bought out is George Hill. He's a veteran who can backup PG and SG spots. I would like this move if our goal this year is to develop White. Hill won't get more than a year or 2, and it won't cost much money at all.

White/Lavine/Porter/Lauri/Wendy
    Dunn/Hill/Valentine/Hutch/(Free Agent)/Rolo/Gafford

It's not a sexy signing, I'd prefer Collison or Bev, but if they want too much, or Collison wants to stay in Indiana, it isn't the worst signing.

Dunn has has chances. He’s not the dude. Let him not work on his jump shot for another team.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Another guy I think we should look into when he is bought out is George Hill. He's a veteran who can backup PG and SG spots. I would like this move if our goal this year is to develop White. Hill won't get more than a year or 2, and it won't cost much money at all.

White/Lavine/Porter/Lauri/Wendy
    Dunn/Hill/Valentine/Hutch/(Free Agent)/Rolo/Gafford

It's not a sexy signing, I'd prefer Collison or Bev, but if they want too much, or Collison wants to stay in Indiana, it isn't the worst signing.
    Hill would be a good pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Hill would be a good pickup.
    It might come down to a guy like Hill over guys like Bev who might convince teams to guarantee them 3-4 years. If we go this route, I would expect us to go harder for a SF/PF combo big. I wouldn't be mad at all.