Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Pellicans reportedly want to use the #4 pick to aquire some proven tallent/star. Would anyone here part woth lavine for #4???

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

No

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Pellicans reportedly want to use the #4 pick to aquire some proven tallent/star. Would anyone here part woth lavine for #4???
    Absolutely not.

Yeah you don't trade Zach Lavine for a 4th pick in a 3 man draft. Even if there are potential studs like Culver at 4. Lavine was actually extremely good to close out the season last year. I usually look at a young players last couple months of a season to help me determine how they might look the following year in fantasy, and that method has worked wonders for me.

Lavine's February:

24.5 PPG
    5.8 APG
    5.4 RPG
    9.1 FGM
    2.4 3PM
    3.9 FTM
    53.2 FG%
    49.0 3P%
    83.0 FT%

Lavine's March:

28.9 PPG
    4.6 APG
    5.3 RPG
    9.3 FGM
    2.3 3PM
    6.1 FTM
    47.1 FG%
    40.9 3P%
    71.0 FT%

He was an elite offensive player at 24 years old! He's just about to enter his athletic prime. You better get a proven star if you are trading that kind of upside. You don't trade that for a prospect that isn't even projected at the top of his draft class.

I wouldnt even trade Lavine for Morant. We have him relatively cheap for the next 3 seasons as hes about to enter his prime. Unless were getting a superstar back in a trade package, hes untouchable otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    I wouldnt even trade Lavine for Morant. We have him relatively cheap for the next 3 seasons as hes about to enter his prime. Unless were getting a superstar back in a trade package, hes untouchable otherwise.
    Most guys on here know how much I love Lavine. Hes a Dawg man. Hes the last guy on this team Id like to trade. Even though hes a one-way player. He has an elite skill set. I want Zach apart of this team. He loves the spotlight and want to be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, I might think of it in that scenario if Culver was going to be there at 7. That'd be an amazing core on rookie contracts for a long time. Morant/Culver/Porter/Lauri/Wendell.

I would trade him for Morant/Zion or in a package for a superstar. Nothing else.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Most guys on here know how much I love Lavine. Hes a Dawg man. Hes the last guy on this team Id like to trade. Even though hes a one-way player. He has an elite skill set. I want Zach apart of this team. He loves the spotlight and want to be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We saw in the games against the Rockets, Sixers, Hawks that hes developing a killer instinct that only the greats possess. You dont just trade that away for a draft pick (unless its Zion).

We saw in the games against the Rockets, Sixers, Hawks that hes developing a killer instinct that only the greats possess. You dont just trade that away for a draft pick (unless its Zion).
    I kind of agree. We had a very incomplete team most of last season. 75% without a decent SF, 75% of the season with only 1 true veteran leader, and zero depth. We have a chance to surround Lavine and Lauri with multiple veterans and another top 7 pick to pair with Wendell. Things will be a lot different this year with the right additions. Give me Thad, Bev, draft Culver, sign Rolo with the MLE and hopefully a half way decent role player at 38 with what we have. Thats a very deep team with a lot of complimentary pieces. Id have fun watching that team

Id be cool with Hunter too, but in that scenario, sign a SG rather than Thad

I'd trade Lavine if they add Zo and Kuz to it and take Dunn. That would give us close to a max slot.

Am i the only one who would consider a #7 and felecio for mike Conley. I know it feels steep but lets be honest them eating Felecio is worth something on their end too.

I just know I don't trust the other options at #7 much more. Culver I like but he screams 6th man and a Tyreek evans esk guy to me which is fine but we need more. White is similar where I think his best role is more of a Lou williams esk role where he is more of a 6th man and scorer but can play some point. Hunter Screams role player to me and I am not so interested. And Redish feels boom or bust and while some like that for obvious reasons. Can we really risk a bust. (I tend to worry more than some of you about his lack of college production on court andpoor shooting %)

The only guy I feel comfortable with both floor and ceiling is Garland. Who I think at worst is a scoring bench guard which has some value. And ceiling is a top flight PG. And lets be real that he likely wont be there.

Other options seem to be Lonzo. And I hate that route even more than conley somehow.

But what do i know right.

-Rem Koolhaas

Hypothetical. If the Pelicans trade for Lonzo Ingram and #4. Would you trade #7 and maybe a future pick to move up to 4 and get Garland. They pelicans clearly would not need a PG and perhaps their bigest need of a big man would be quite a reach for them there.

Again looking at some of the other options I know i have Garland much higher than White or Lonzo.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Am i the only one who would consider a #7 and felecio for mike Conley. I know it feels steep but lets be honest them eating Felecio is worth something on their end too.

I just know I don't trust the other options at #7 much more. Culver I like but he screams 6th man and a Tyreek evans esk guy to me which is fine but we need more. White is similar where I think his best role is more of a Lou williams esk role where he is more of a 6th man and scorer but can play some point. Hunter Screams role player to me and I am not so interested. And Redish feels boom or bust and while some like that for obvious reasons. Can we really risk a bust. (I tend to worry more than some of you about his lack of college production on court andpoor shooting %)

The only guy I feel comfortable with both floor and ceiling is Garland. Who I think at worst is a scoring bench guard which has some value. And ceiling is a top flight PG. And lets be real that he likely wont be there.

Other options seem to be Lonzo. And I hate that route even more than conley somehow.

But what do i know right.
    I dont hate the Conley route, but I dont think hes worth 7. Maybe a 3 team trade:

Bulls get Conley
    Blazers get Dunn and Valentine
    Memphis gets Evan Turner, Felicio, Blazers 1st, and a future top 10 protected from us.

Memphis will be in straight rebuild mode so they can afford to take on a couple big 1 year deals. Getting 2 1sts for a 32 year old is also as good as you can get there, so eating those salaries wont kill them.

Portland would be dumping 18 million, getting a contrasting guard off the bench on a 1 year rookie deal, and clearing some room to add a player to help Lillard and CJ.

We give up a PG that didnt work for us, shed a Felicio, and adding Conley should put that 1st between 15-20 so I think its worth it.

Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast