Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    So now the rumors are we will not be going after Vuc.... Just wondering how you think the Kings should spend their cap space or any trades that should be attempted???

Apparently Minny is trying to get out of Wiggins contract and may be willing to include an asset to take it on.... I wouldn't mind that. .

The problem I feel now with any young player is our coach. I don't believe Walton is good at developing players. Really feel we took a few steps back with that hire.

Also, any word on Barnes and if he plans on picking up his option?
    The news might have broke 5 mins after your post that he was opting out. We are in a bit of trouble if he doesn't resign with us before July 1st. We'll have some 44 million in cap holds of he doesn't. I am not sure how and exactly when and what happens if you renounce them. I am not sure if we can even re-sign those players if we do. (Barnes and WCS).

Crazy if: Barnes doesn't resign and we traded Bogi for basically nothing. We would have 2 max slots. I wonder if to legit max plays would come here to join up with fox, buddy, and Bagley.

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    The news might have broke 5 mins after your post that he was opting out. We are in a bit of trouble if he doesn't resign with us before July 1st. We'll have some 44 million in cap holds of he doesn't. I am not sure how and exactly when and what happens if you renounce them. I am not sure if we can even re-sign those players if we do. (Barnes and WCS).

Crazy if: Barnes doesn't resign and we traded Bogi for basically nothing. We would have 2 max slots. I wonder if to legit max plays would come here to join up with fox, buddy, and Bagley.
    I doubt we get any top tier guys. Maybe we have a shot at Tobias Harris though. He’d be a good add.

Welk I knew as soon as the Lakers got the 4tg pick they were going to be able to trade for AD... that lottery couldn't have gone too much worse for us. At this point us giving the #1 pick to the 76ers sounds bad, but would have not have hurt us as much as the Pels getting the #1, the Griz getting #2, and the Lakers getting the 4th pick. What a disaster.

Just when things were looking up, we get some bad results from the lottery. We can only hope that our young players really go crazy and turn into more than stars, otherwise it's going to be another long time of disappointment.
    I might be in the minority, but I think the Lakers screwed themselves in this trade. Lebron is going to be 35 and AD misses like 30 games a year. If they don’t win a chip this year or next, that window is closed. And I wouldn’t bet on it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I might be in the minority, but I think the Lakers screwed themselves in this trade. Lebron is going to be 35 and AD misses like 30 games a year. If they don’t win a chip this year or next, that window is closed. And I wouldn’t bet on it this year.
    I am with you. It better work, if it doesn't they will be bad for over a decade. They gave up the farm for AD. If it doesn't work out and he simply leaves next year... yikes! That would quite possibly be one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Like you said, AD is injury prone, and I don't think that's going to get better. Lebron is one year older and didn't look the same as he has in the past. I wonder if he turns to artificial means to remain at an athlete peek.

All that said, they have a chance to win a championship starting next year. They are looking to dump some of their smaller contracts to get another max slot. Not the worst position to be in. They funny thing is, I can see them missing the playoffs too. Nothing is guaranteed in the West, as Lebron found out first hand last year.

If we keep the cap holds we can sign the players over our salary cap. If we relinquish the cap hold then we have to stay within our salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I was just reading that if the Lakers dumped every player on their team except Lebron, AD, and Kuzma and AD relinquished his 15% trade kicker the Lakers would have 32 millionish left to sign players. With that said the Lakers are rumored to be trading or buying 2nd round picks to fill out their roster.

The Lakers have basically dumped Ball, Randle, Ingram, Russell, Clarkson, Nance and now the 4th overall pick.

I think the Lakers would of been better off just keeping their young players.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I was just reading that if the Lakers dumped every player on their team except Lebron, AD, and Kuzma and AD relinquished his 15% trade kicker the Lakers would have 32 millionish left to sign players. With that said the Lakers are rumored to be trading or buying 2nd round picks to fill out their roster.

The Lakers have basically dumped Ball, Randle, Ingram, Russell, Clarkson, Nance and now the 4th overall pick.

I think the Lakers would of been better off just keeping their young players.
    I think they would probably be better off with their young players too. They put themselves in a hard spot by signing Lebron. They couldn’t wait for their young guys to mature because Lebron is getting older. They went all in for next year. I hope it blows up in their face.

Also, I’m not sure if they’re better off signing another max player or signing a few decent role players with their cap room. As good as Lebron and AD, even adding a guy like Kyrie, it will be hard to win with a roster filled with 2nd rounders and minimum salary guys.

It looks like Barnes is for sure going to resign. This photo was taken after he declared his opt out.

http://twitter.com/JandersonSacBee/s...89800549965824

How does resigning Barnes impact our cap situation? Are we in a better or worse spot?

Any rumors on our center situation or if we move into the first round?

How does resigning Barnes impact our cap situation? Are we in a better or worse spot?

I would guess that Barnes opting out and re-signing will create some cap room for us. I don’t think he’ll get $25 million in the first year of his deal.

Kings will have about 38M if he re-signs.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

The names at C that stand out are Vucevic, Lopez, Dedmon, Adams (trade).

Kings currently sitting at 62M without Barnes/WCS contracts.

Assume Barnes gets anywhere between 20-25 which means they'll have about 37-42M to spend in FA. I've read that C is #1 priority but also would like backup PG upgrade and perimeter wing defense.

I feel our move needs to be in the trade market rather than the free agent pool... there are some quality players availabke that teams are trying to shed die to finance. I would like to at least pursue the posibility of Wiggins and Adams or Capela.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast