Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2019 Offseason

I like the Holmes signing. That is obviously a mid level exception signing. He is a solid backup and at 10 mil and 2 years the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I like the Holmes signing. That is obviously a mid level exception signing. He is a solid backup and at 10 mil and 2 years the price is right.
    Man.. I can't Express how happy I am with that signing! Great pick up! I am happier with signing him than anyone else. You put the guy in and he goes to work! We can trust him to go in and rebound the ball, get some bunnies, and put backs. Just play your role! Love it.

So Kings are pretty much done I'd say. Maybe one more move. Bringing back Corey Brewer on the vet minimum may make sense.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    So Kings are pretty much done I'd say. Maybe one more move. Bringing back Corey Brewer on the vet minimum may make sense.
    I loved Corey Brewer and he wants to play for SAC.

Here is my prediction. If the Lakers sign Kawai Leonard they will sign Jimmer Fredette

Thats funny WCS signing with Golden State for slightly better than the veterans minimum. He could of made almost double that by accepting the qualifying offer from the Kings.

WCS had a higher belief in his value than reality. He thought someone was going to show him the money. He is a athletic big man that can't shoot, poor free throw shooter, subpar rebounder, and a poor rim protector. He has 2 skills, he can defend well and he is good on the pick and roll.
    Last edited by Plague; 07-02-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Willie boasted he was playing for the money last year only to sign a 1year deal vet minimum where it could backfire even worse than here. I wish Willie the best but his heart isn’t all there. That’s what stopped him and his skill set while here.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Thats funny WCS signing with Golden State for slightly better than the veterans minimum. He could of made almost double that by accepting the qualifying offer from the Kings.

WCS had a higher belief in his value than reality. He thought someone was going to show him the money. He is a athletic big man that can't shoot, poor free throw shooter, subpar rebounder, and a poor rim protector. He has 2 skills, he can defend well and he is good on the pick and roll.
    In today's NBA, that's not a great set of attributes (or lack thereof) for a center.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Willie picked the right team to go to. I think has a chance to succeed there. But there’s also a chance that Draymond eats him alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Willie picked the right team to go to. I think has a chance to succeed there. But there’s also a chance that Draymond eats him alive.
    One of the reasons why the Warriors wanted him was his pick and roll abilities. I'm not sure their front office did their scouting homework.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

WCS is likely a backup on the Warriors behind Kevon Looney.

Exactly cuz the **** can’t rebound

The Kings waived Frank Mason.

I expect some team will pick him up.

I think he offers enough that he can be a useful backup PG for some team.

I was just thinking about this the other day... imagine if the Lakers had built our young core instead of the one they had built. It's not unreasonable to think of this because for the most part they had higher draft picks and a similar timeline.

If they had Fox, Buddy, Bagley, Bogi + 2 max slots they would have reasonable put together this lineup heading into the 2020-2021 season without making a single trade:

PG - Fox
    SG - Buddy
    SF - Lebron
    PF - Bagley
    C - AD

With Bogi and Giles off the bench and probably a solid group of minimum contract players + a mid level exception. That lineup is damn near unstoppable.

It just shows you how much easier it is for the Lakers to build a contender with the built in advantages of their brand and market working in their favor. I'm not complaining about it. All I'm saying is, if the Kings had those advantages, they'd be sitting on top of the basketball world right now and it wouldn't even be close. We wouldn't even have to go with Lebron and AD. It could have been any combo of superstars. It could have been Kawhi and AD or PG13 or someone else. Instead, we have to overpay the likes of Harrison Barnes and hope it all comes together sooner than later and on the same timeline.

Good job by Vlade building this young core and making this team relevant. It ain't easy in a small market. I gotta give him props.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Sign Corey Brewer for climate change and cap off offseason.

Raise house prices, consume water, smoke junts, and of course **** the Lakers!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345