Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Offseason

2019 Offseason

Normally I post the offseason a lot earlier in the season, but the Kings were pretty compelling the entire year so I decided to wait.

Use this thread to post anything regarding the offseason. Coaching moves, personnel, draft.

Post rumors, speculation, reports.

It's a big offseason because the Kings need some outside help to reach that next level.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

A day late but the Kings lost (won?) their tie breakers for the draft pick positioning. Kings could have given up the 12th pick to Boston but instead will give up the 14th pick.

Giving up the 14th pick makes that trade not look so bad. The domino effect of that trade likely means if we don't make that move the Kings team looks different than the current team.

Most obvious offseason take:

WHICH ONE:
    Cousins
    Vucevic
    M. Gasol
    Horford
    D. Jordan
    Brook Lopez
    Jonas
    Kanter
    Whiteside
    Thomas Bryant
    JaVale McGee

OR

Willie

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Most obvious offseason take:

WHICH ONE:
    Cousins
    Vucevic
    M. Gasol
    Horford
    D. Jordan
    Brook Lopez
    Jonas
    Kanter
    Whiteside
    Thomas Bryant
    JaVale McGee

OR

Willie
    I am not a big willie cauley stein fan. He fits well in our system so I would consider resigning him, but not at the money he would be seeking. If he can get that money somewhere else let him walk I would rather have him than some of the players you listed, but If I was the Kings I would not make him a priority.

I say bring back Cousins. He seems to have grown in the time he has been gone. He would def sure up the boards... but probably slow the pace... just think it would be nice to bring him back...

Figure Barnes accepts his option... how much do we have in cap space?

I really think our best option would be a trade... i would like Drummond or Steven Adams...

Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    I say bring back Cousins. He seems to have grown in the time he has been gone. He would def sure up the boards... but probably slow the pace... just think it would be nice to bring him back...

Figure Barnes accepts his option... how much do we have in cap space?

I really think our best option would be a trade... i would like Drummond or Steven Adams...
    I believe they have around 36-37M if Barnes opts in. Over 60M if Barnes opts out.

Here’s a rumor that we’re going to go after Tobias Harris:

https://www.philly.com/sixers/tobias...ium%3Dsharebar

I think he’d be a solid fit.

I saw the Harris rumor... also saw the kings rumored to trade for KAT. Not sure I like that seeing as how it was rumored Buddy would be included.

And what is up with this Walton investigation...He still the coach?

TBH I am not as excited about next season as I was a fee weeks ago. The whole Walton hiring mixed with rumors of trading Buddy... Im just afraid Walton was a bad hire that happened to quick and other bad moves will come.

I saw the Harris rumor... also saw the kings rumored to trade for KAT. Not sure I like that seeing as how it was rumored Buddy would be included.

And what is up with this Walton investigation...He still the coach?

TBH I am not as excited about next season as I was a fee weeks ago. The whole Walton hiring mixed with rumors of trading Buddy... Im just afraid Walton was a bad hire that happened to quick and other bad moves will come.
    Yeah, it seems like we should be hearing more news about Walton. The news broke and since then I haven’t seen any follow up. I like Buddy a lot, but KAT is a better player. Depending who else we give up, it makes some sense. Especially with Bogie able to fill in at the two.

I think it was we would be giving up Buddy, Bjelica, Giles and a first and second round pick

I think it was we would be giving up Buddy, Bjelica, Giles and a first and second round pick
    Yeah, pass on that.

Can we borrow Kwahi for a season?

Congratulations to Toronto. So happy that there is a new champion in the NBA.

Welk I knew as soon as the Lakers got the 4tg pick they were going to be able to trade for AD... that lottery couldn't have gone too much worse for us. At this point us giving the #1 pick to the 76ers sounds bad, but would have not have hurt us as much as the Pels getting the #1, the Griz getting #2, and the Lakers getting the 4th pick. What a disaster.

Just when things were looking up, we get some bad results from the lottery. We can only hope that our young players really go crazy and turn into more than stars, otherwise it's going to be another long time of disappointment.

So now the rumors are we will not be going after Vuc.... Just wondering how you think the Kings should spend their cap space or any trades that should be attempted???

Apparently Minny is trying to get out of Wiggins contract and may be willing to include an asset to take it on.... I wouldn't mind that.

The problem I feel now with any young player is our coach. I don't believe Walton is good at developing players. Really feel we took a few steps back with that hire.

Also, any word on Barnes and if he plans on picking up his option?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast