9. You may not vote on this poll
  • GB

6 66.67%
  • MIN

1 11.11%
  • GMs here

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PSD's Mock Offseason RD3: GB (3) @ MIN (2)

This is not real life. This is a culmination of of group of users that took each NFL team and we ran a mock offseason. This included trades, free agency, and the draft. Please do not vote on team lines and please vote on which team would win in a single game.

QB: Philip Rivers - Lamar Jackson
    RB: Matt Breida - CJ Anderson
    3DRB: Theo Riddick
    FB: Kyle Juszczyk
    WR: Davante Adams - Tre’Quan Smith
    WR: Keenan Allen - DJ Chark
    WR: Ted Ginn JR. - Terrance Williams
    TE: Jack Doyle - Mike Gesicki
    LT: Trent Williams - Greg Little
    LG: Lane Taylor - Michael Deiter
    C: Ben Jones - AQ Shipley
    RG: Larry Warford - Michael Deiter
    RT: Orlando Brown JR. - Isaiah Wynn

DE: Michael Brockers - Xavier Williams - Christian Wilkins
    NT: Kenny Clark - Akeem Spence
    DE: Ndamukong Suh - DaQuan Jones - Ed Oliver
    OLB: Melvin Ingram - Tim Williams
    ILB: Christian Kirksey - Kenny Young
    ILB: Patrick Onwuasor - Deone Bucannon
    OLB: Chandler Jones - Stephen Weatherly
    S/LB Hybrid: Patrick Chung - Anthony Levine
    CB: Jaire Alexander - David Amerson
    S: Harrison Smith
    S: Kevin Byard - Darnell Savage
    CB: Jimmy Smith - Cordrea Tankersley
    NB: Desmond King II

K: Adam Vinetieri
    P: Marquette King
    LS: Aaron Brewer
    KR/PR: Desmond King II

@

Minnesota Vikings
    Offense:
    QB: Kirk Cousins | Taysom Hill | Tanner Mangum
    RB: Alvin Kamara | Doug Martin | Travis Homer
    RB: Kareem Hunt | Doug Martin | Travis Homer
    WR: Antonio Brown | Lil'Jordan Humphrey
    WR: Mike Williams | Lil'Jordan Humphrey
    SLOT: Julian Edelman | Jalen Hurd
    TE: Geoff Swaim | Foster Moreau | Alize Mack
    LT: Trent Brown | Kaleb McGary
    LG: Joe Thuney | Nate Herbig
    C: Justin Britt | Sam Mustipher
    RG: David DeCastro | Nate Herbig
    RT: Jack Conklin | Kaleb McGary
    FB: Reagan Williams

Defense:

RDE J.J. Watt | Anthony Nelson
    NT: Tyeler Davison | Al Woods | Ed Alexander
    LDE: Cam Heyward | Renell Wren
    RUSH: Ryan Kerrigan | Austin Bryant
    WILL: K.J. Wright | Elandon Roberts
    MIKE: Eric Kendricks | Cameron Smith
    SAM: Aaron Lynch | D'Andre Walker
    RCB: Joe Haden | Sheldrick Redwine
    FS: Justin Simmons | Marquise Blair
    SS: Anthony Harris | Elandon Roberts
    LCB: Adoree Jackson | Darius West
    NCB: Mackensie Alexander | Jamel Dean
    🐐

Rocky Top you’ll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good ol’ Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

I'll keep this brief. Not trying to get into any writeup wars this year.

I'm not sure what's supposed to impress me about this Green Bay team besides the fact that not many players suck? The running game is remarkably average. Not sure what DaVante Adams is without Rodgers but it probably isn't a star, and otherwise I'm not overly concerned with their receivers. Having Allen takes away the slot for Adams anyway, which is where he does a fair bit of damage. The outside pass-rushers are good, but I'm not really all that concerned with the interior considering Suh played like two good games last season.

AB roasts Jimmy Smith twice per year. Desmond King is still having nightmares about what Edelman did in the playoffs. Kamara is going to shred those linebackers in coverage, and Kareem Hunt will eat up those sloppy seconds.

I can pressure Rivers because I can pressure anybody. J.J. Watt, Cam Heyward and Ryan Kerrigan are the best group of rushers in this game, and even though that line is good, it's not stopping that three-headed beast. I feel totally comfortable with my ability to contain the middle of the field with the linebackers I have and with Alexander on Keenan Allen. If you want to base your strategy on a game of Tedd Ginn roulette, go for it. I don't need star safeties, his hands will just do the work for me.

Green Bay is good enough to get a writeup, which is a first for me this year, but this doesn't feel all that close to me. On to New England.
    POOP

Hoo boy, awfully pretentious of you Quinn. Especially considering this game is an easy Green Bay win.

Davante Adams no longer has Aaron Rodgers, but he still has a top 5 QB in Philip Rivers. Rivers still has his star receiver Keenan Allen, a very good TE in Doyle, a deep threat in Ginn, and 3 good RB’s all with very different skill sets.

Are we really worried about Davante no longer having Rodgers when Antonio Brown and Julian Edelman now have to play with KIRK ****ing COUSINS? Seriously? AB will lose his mind with Kirk airmailing him, and Edelman wouldn’t be anywhere near as productive without Brady (with the best nickelback in the game matched up against him). Not to mention I have the best safety duo in the game helping my corners against AB, he will consistently have at least two guys around him at all times.

Kamara will not “shred” my ILBs, because they will not be matched up against him. If Kamara is in the game Chung will be as well, and he will also be getting help from Byard and Harrison Smith.

Also, Kerrigan Watt Hayward isn’t the best pass rushing defense in the game, because that belongs to Chandler Jones, Melvin Ingram, Ndamukong Suh, and the best pass rushing nose tackle in the game Kenny Clark who you seemed to skip over in your writeup. And yeah Suh didn’t do a ton in the regular season, but he turned it on in the postseason with 1.5 sacks and 5 QB hits. Good luck blocking those dudes, I’m sure Kirk Cousins will be totally comfortable back there.

Even IF these two rosters minus the QB position were equal (which they aren’t, the packers are better at almost every position besides RB), there is no way in hell that Phil Rivers loses to Kirk ****ing Cousins. Packers win.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Hoo boy, awfully pretentious of you Quinn. Especially considering this game is an easy Green Bay win.

Davante Adams no longer has Aaron Rodgers, but he still has a top 5 QB in Philip Rivers. Rivers still has his star receiver Keenan Allen, a very good TE in Doyle, a deep threat in Ginn, and 3 good RB’s all with very different skill sets.

Are we really worried about Davante no longer having Rodgers when Antonio Brown and Julian Edelman now have to play with KIRK ****ing COUSINS? Seriously? AB will lose his mind with Kirk airmailing him, and Edelman wouldn’t be anywhere near as productive without Brady (with the best nickelback in the game matched up against him). Not to mention I have the best safety duo in the game helping my corners against AB, he will consistently have at least two guys around him at all times.

Kamara will not “shred” my ILBs, because they will not be matched up against him. If Kamara is in the game Chung will be as well, and he will also be getting help from Byard and Harrison Smith.

Also, Kerrigan Watt Hayward isn’t the best pass rushing defense in the game, because that belongs to Chandler Jones, Melvin Ingram, Ndamukong Suh, and the best pass rushing nose tackle in the game Kenny Clark who you seemed to skip over in your writeup. And yeah Suh didn’t do a ton in the regular season, but he turned it on in the postseason with 1.5 sacks and 5 QB hits. Good luck blocking those dudes, I’m sure Kirk Cousins will be totally comfortable back there.

Even IF these two rosters minus the QB position were equal (which they aren’t, the packers are better at almost every position besides RB), there is no way in hell that Phil Rivers loses to Kirk ****ing Cousins. Packers win.
    Kirk had a better QB rating than Ben last year, and he had it with the worst OL in football. That has been fixed, and he has a way better overall offensive infrastructure with the best running game in the league. Ben isn't good, but I get why you think that he is. It's cute that you think Suh is still good as well. Shows you're not actually watching the games. Pats allowed 90 catches for 783 yards to RBs last year. If Pat Chung could have fixed that, he would have. He has no ****ing chance against Kamara. Kenny Clark's fine. He had a good year. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over a solid nose tackle that didn't make the Pro Bowl.
    POOP

Going min here. As bad as Kirk has been, the dudes had some success and now his offense is even better. Dude is the last option on his team and should barely struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Packers are better and win. You know Quinn is clueless when he thinks Davante Adams did "a fair bit of damage" from the slot. He was only there on 16% of his snaps last year. And not like Allen couldn't play outside, seeing how less than half of snaps were from the slot.

Packers

Packers in a route.

Cousins is easily the worst qb in this game, and doesn’t play well in the big ones. 37-10

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Packers in a route.

Cousins is easily the worst qb in this game, and doesn’t play well in the big ones. 37-10
    If you want to say that I'm gonna lose, that's fine, but it's ****ing stupid to say I'm only gonna score 10 points. Vikings scored 10 or fewer twice all year IRL, and that was by the No. 2 and No. 3 defense in the NFL. If you don't like, Kirk, fine. But AB, Kamara, Edelman, Hunt and Williams aren't getting held to 10 points.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    If you want to say that I'm gonna lose, that's fine, but it's ****ing stupid to say I'm only gonna score 10 points. Vikings scored 10 or fewer twice all year IRL, and that was by the No. 2 and No. 3 defense in the NFL. If you don't like, Kirk, fine. But AB, Kamara, Edelman, Hunt and Williams aren't getting held to 10 points.
    Kirk turns it over multiple times. Ground game struggles, AB doubled. Gonna be tough sledding.

Packers in a route.

I agree Packers win but no way Cousins is the worst QB in the game lol (unless you're saying this matchup only, then yeah he is not as good as Rivers). Josh Allen was a starting QB in this game! Cousins is an above average QB and has a ton of weapons around him. This Vikings team is legit, it's just tough to beat this Packers team after they got such a steal from the Chargers in the A-a-ron trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I agree Packers win but no way Cousins is the worst QB in the game lol (unless you're saying this matchup only, then yeah he is not as good as Rivers). Josh Allen was a starting QB in this game! Cousins is an above average QB and has a ton of weapons around him. This Vikings team is legit, it's just tough to beat this Packers team after they got such a steal from the Chargers in the A-a-ron trade.
    I’d take Allen over Cousins and not think twice.

I’d take Allen over Cousins and not think twice.
    GTFO. No way. Cousins is at worst a middle of the pack QB. If we are talking this upcoming year only:

I take over Cousins: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, Wilson, Rivers, Luck, Roethlisberger, Watson, Wentz.

I think are roughly equal to Cousins: Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Cam Newton and Dak Prescott.

I take Cousins over: Baker Mayfield, Trubisky, Winston, Mariota, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Case Keenum, Jimmy Garoppolo, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, etc.

That puts Cousins squarely in the top 10-15 QBs for the upcoming season IMO.

For all the hate Cousins is getting this was his stat line last season:

4,298 yards, 30 TDs, 10 INTs and 70% completion. Those are very good numbers.

Josh Allen only started 12 games, but:

2,074 yards, 10 TDs, 12 INTs and 53% completion. Those are pretty bad numbers, though he did contribute running the ball with 600+ yards and 8 TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    GTFO. No way. Cousins is at worst a middle of the pack QB. If we are talking this upcoming year only:

I take over Cousins: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, Wilson, Rivers, Luck, Roethlisberger, Watson, Wentz.

I think are roughly equal to Cousins: Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Cam Newton and Dak Prescott.

I take Cousins over: Baker Mayfield, Trubisky, Winston, Mariota, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Case Keenum, Jimmy Garoppolo, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, etc.

That puts Cousins squarely in the top 10-15 QBs for the upcoming season IMO.
    You think Ryan and Cam are roughly equal to Cousins? lol.

Let me know when Cousins wins an MVP or even comes remotely close.

Cousins is maybe a slight step above game-manager level, not much else. Certainly isn't going to make plays without a lot of great players around him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast