Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The Rangers can use either one. Hughes or Kakko are welcome because the Rangers NEED to draft a dominant cornerstone and not trade for one as they have in the past.

Hughes would allow Zibanejad to eventually drop to second line center. You need at least 2 elite lines in the NHL to compete. He brings Wayne Gretsky awareness and leadership.

Kakko is the power forward that Rangers with the size, speed, and finesse puck handling to finish at the net.

I'll tell you why Ranger fans should be worried about Ruff. The defense STUNK. Brady Skjei made the Rangers regret that contract. Look at his defense with team USA, it's world's difference.
    while I'll agree with you about Lindy Ruff,who would you want to coach our D? I've always been a huge Scott Stevens fan for his brilliannt hockey mind,matter of fact some of you guys might be sick of hearing me bang his drum,but when I hear him on NHL network I love the way he thinks,maybe it's just me? How bout you? Who would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    while I'll agree with you about Lindy Ruff,who would you want to coach our D? I've always been a huge Scott Stevens fan for his brilliannt hockey mind,matter of fact some of you guys might be sick of hearing me bang his drum,but when I hear him on NHL network I love the way he thinks,maybe it's just me? How bout you? Who would you suggest?
    He might be a good candidate. Maybe Sergei Zubov who is currently the Sochi KHL head coach. Itís hard to say who would be a good fit. Gretzky was the greatest player in hockey history, and coaching didnít work out too well for him. Sometimes all that success as a player just doesnít translate to coaching. Even for a guy like Ruff who has had some previous success as a coach, itís just not working anymore because the game has changed so much in the past decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    He might be a good candidate. Maybe Sergei Zubov who is currently the Sochi KHL head coach. Itís hard to say who would be a good fit. Gretzky was the greatest player in hockey history, and coaching didnít work out too well for him. Sometimes all that success as a player just doesnít translate to coaching. Even for a guy like Ruff who has had some previous success as a coach, itís just not working anymore because the game has changed so much in the past decade.

Totally agree,and while most of us remember Scott Stevens being a tough brick wall stay at home kinda D man,thats not the way he comes off to me when he speaks. You're so right about just because you were a great player doesn't mean you'd be a great coach,and Vica versa, some of the best coaches and managers were marginal players, I did not know Zubov was coaching,do you have any info on him? Is he highly thought of?

Lindy Ruff should be gone. Skjei is a better player than he has shown, Claussen should have been a staple on d as well. I think Philly stole the guy we should have gotten in Yeo.

Zubov has been the Headcoach of Sochi KHL team for 2 yrs. combined record of 57-51-25. Made playoff both years but lost in Conference Quarterfinals both times.

From what I remember he has a fight with Ilya Kovalchuk in the first playoff year. And striped Kovalchuk of the captaincy and benched him for 2 games. It was over lack of effort.

Zubov was the defensive assist coach for the Russian national team in 2015.

Thatís the only thing I know about Zubovónot much. Canít say either way if he would be good or bad for the job. But iím donít think he has any ties to anyone in the Rangers organization.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 05-15-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Very curious to see how does Gorton work latter first through 3rd rounds. Addressing defense and RW forwards seem to be at the top of the grocery list.

Well fellas looks like JD is coming home !!!!

Imo we canít lose in this draft. Iím really liking Kakko though. His size and physicality impresses me. We seem to always get smaller players. But having said that...I wish KK would stop with statement like ďIím trying to make the Devils rethink the first selectionĒ. I know he wants to be the top selection but number two isnít a fail.

2019 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Imo we canít lose in this draft. Iím really liking Kakko though. His size and physicality impresses me. We seem to always get smaller players. But having said that...I wish KK would stop with statement like ďIím trying to make the Devils rethink the first selectionĒ. I know he wants to be the top selection but number two isnít a fail.
    Gunna make him that much more motivated if they pass on him. Same with Hughes. And weíll be reaping all the benefits.

Last edited by beast023; 05-19-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    Gunna make him that much more motivated if they pass on him. Same with Hughes. And weíll be reaping all the benefits.

👍

True 👍

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    I actually prefer that than what Hughes has done this world championship which has been exactly nothing. One guy is out to prove he is best and the other is letting it happen. I honestly at this point wouldn't be surprised if Kakko went 1st.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456