Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    He's on NHL network right now talking about Nazim Kadri and how you have to mature as a player,I'd really like him to coach our D
    Hi pot. Iím the kettle.
    Have we met?

2019 Draft Thread

Shesterkin and Kravtsov agreed to their entry level contracts. They canít be officially signed and announced until the end of the KHL season. So it looks like they will both be in North America. Whether they play in New York or Hartford remains to be determined.

Also McCambridge is out in Hartford.

And AV has been hired by the Flyers to ignore their young talent in lieu of one dimensional fourth liners who ďgive them a better chance to win.Ē

All around a pretty good day for Ranger fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by beast023; 04-15-2019 at 05:48 PM.

That is very interesting!

Wonder if AV might be interested in acquiring some of his favorite players.

Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    Shesterkin and Kravtsov agreed to their entry level contracts. They canít be officially signed and announced until the end of the KHL season. So it looks like they will both be in North America. Whether they play in New York or Hartford remains to be determined.

Also McCambridge is out in Hartford.

And AV has been hired by the Flyers to ignore their young talent in lieu of one dimensional fourth liners who ďgive them a better chance to win.Ē

All around a pretty good day for Ranger fans.

I think Philly fans will get tired of that gum chomper real quick if he starts putting the young guys in the dog house like he did to some of oursover the years. Also, we'll see how AV does without an elite goalie in the mix. Not knocking AV's coaching ability because I like the guy and do think he's a good coach, but he's always had the benefit of a great goalie between the pipes with Luongo and Lundqvist both in their prime years.

2019 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    I think Philly fans will get tired of that gum chomper real quick if he starts putting the young guys in the dog house like he did to some of oursover the years. Also, we'll see how AV does without an elite goalie in the mix. Not knocking AV's coaching ability because I like the guy and do think he's a good coach, but he's always had the benefit of a great goalie between the pipes with Luongo and Lundqvist both in their prime years.
    Havenít you heard? Carter Hart is the next Carey Price. But he is a young guy, so maybe AV plays Cam Talbot instead. Cam is after all a reliable veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    Havenít you heard? Carter Hart is the next Carey Price. But he is a young guy, so maybe AV plays Cam Talbot instead. Cam is after all a reliable veteran.

Hart had a pretty good rookie year in limited action, I'll give you that, but I wouldn't compare him to Price or predict that he'll be elite.... that's unfair to a 21-year old kid, but he's got some potential though.

AV had Hank and Luongo at the top of their games though, Vezina candidates year in and year out. Philly started like 7-8 goalies (Hart, Cam, Elliott, Neuvirth, Stolarz, and like 2-3 others) over the course of this season. If that happens again next year, be very interesting to see how AV handles it.

BTW -- I know it's the playoffs, but I think we need an offseason thread.

I think philly fans will hate his turn the other cheek mentality but I think he will be very good for Ghostisbere and Provorov as those are the type players he loves. Someone needs to wake up Nolan Patrick and if he can do that one thing it will improve that team immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    Hart had a pretty good rookie year in limited action, I'll give you that, but I wouldn't compare him to Price or predict that he'll be elite.... that's unfair to a 21-year old kid, but he's got some potential though.

AV had Hank and Luongo at the top of their games though, Vezina candidates year in and year out. Philly started like 7-8 goalies (Hart, Cam, Elliott, Neuvirth, Stolarz, and like 2-3 others) over the course of this season. If that happens again next year, be very interesting to see how AV handles it.

BTW -- I know it's the playoffs, but I think we need an offseason thread.
    I was mostly joking about Hart being the next Price. Heís still got a lot to prove and the trajectory of a goalieís career is completely unpredictable. He looks promising for Philly, but so did most of the Flyers previous goalies at one time or another. Theyíre still searching for their guy. Letís hope Hart struggles a bit, Philly gets impatient and trades him and he becomes a star for a team out west, just like Bob.

AV has had success everywhere heís been. While heís benefited from elite goaltending and needs to make some changes in his style and how he handles players, you canít argue that heís gotten everything but the ultimate result. Guy has a tendency to lose his locker room and have his message go stale. Thatís stuff he can fix.
    Flyers gave him too much, but donít be shocked if they improve under him.

Look at his resume

Well itís official. We have Tampa Bayís second round pick. Thereís still hope that Dallas can make it out of a relatively weak division.

With Tampa Bays loss Winnipegís pick goes up a notch. Right now they/we are at 21, assuming Winnipeg loses in the 1st Rd. That is.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 04-17-2019 at 10:36 AM.

2019 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    With Tampa Bays loss Winnipegís pick goes up a notch. Right now they/we are at 21, assuming Winnipeg loses in the 1st Rd. That is.
    Pretty sure the picks are based on regular season finish until the conference finals. CF losers are 28, 29, SC loser 30, SC winner 31. So since TB had best regular season record but didnít make the CF, they slot in at 27. Or at least thatís my understanding of it.

Last edited by beast023; 04-17-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Youíre right I think I made that same mistake last year too. So either way Winnipeg is at 22.

BTW, did anyone read the Athletic article from Proman. Says that Vancouver called both the NJ Devils and Rangers about the top 2 picks, seems they are intent on drafting Jack Hughes in order to have both brothers play on the same team. Very interesting as far as what the compensation can be for the #2 pick should NJ take Kakko.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Youíre right I think I made that same mistake last year too. So either way Winnipeg is at 22.

BTW, did anyone read the Athletic article from Proman. Says that Vancouver called both the NJ Devils and Rangers about the top 2 picks, seems they are intent on drafting Jack Hughes in order to have both brothers play on the same team. Very interesting as far as what the compensation can be for the #2 pick should NJ take Kakko.
    Iím sure a few teams have or will call about that pick.
    GMís get tons of calls, especially between April and June.

But they arenít trading that pick.

I havenít read the article, donít have a prescription to The Article. But I heard there was 1 GM that was saying it would take a Lindros type of deal to pry that 2nd overall pick from us. Another said two 1st, 2 2nds and both Staal and Smith contracts. And another said Horvat, Strecher, a prospect, their #10 plus an unproctected 2020 pick. bUT iím Not sure, like I said I donít have a subscription to the articleóitís only what iíve Heard.

While it may sound nice, what I think the people in the article are not looking at is if we were to trade that #2 for future picksówe are making that team/Vancouver better so those future 1st Rd picks could very easily be in the 20ís.

I think in order for us to consider trading our 2nd overall pick the deal has to, has to start with Elias Pettersson and go from there. Would Pettersson and the 10th overall pick get it done?óweíre not the ones who seem desperate to pair the Hughes brothers.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 04-18-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast