Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Would Mamba Mentality work in the FO?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yes

1 25.00%
  • Hell No

3 75.00%
  • Worth a shot

0 0%
Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    I find it funny how a lot of posters now are repeating what I said last summer, Magic puts his own ego and personal interests before the Lakers. He had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    lol

Our New Young Core.

I know this article is on PSD, but damn, Pelinka is looking not very credible after this story. Lying about Kobe and Leger meeting when Heath was already passed away? I hope this really didn't happen but the story is on video. So Pelinka is not looking too good in this.

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/rob-pelin...r-story-video/

Our New Young Core.

WTF with all those reports on our FO, a new one is reporting every hour, damn the media are trying their best to screw our offseason.

Yea we’re getting ****ed in the *** with no lube by the media... they’re making us look horrible, I mean we are but damn man, we’re an easy target. Going to scare away all our chances at the top FA.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Yea we’re getting ****ed in the *** with no lube by the media... they’re making us look horrible, I mean we are but damn man, we’re an easy target. Going to scare away all our chances at the top FA.
    Thus why the FO needs to keep their mouths shut.

I've been thinking that might be the media's intention's. Sure seems like they are out to bring us down!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    WTF with all those reports on our FO, a new one is reporting every hour, damn the media are trying their best to screw our offseason.
    Yep the media is shoving a living snake up our ars without lube. It used to be a gopher snake now it's becoming an Anaconda. The NBA is afraid that we are going to get Kawhi and are trying their best to make this FO look bad. Our FO is not helping either. MTF Pelinka? At least mention dinner with someone alive if you are going to lie.

Our New Young Core.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Yep the media is shoving a living snake up our ars without lube. It used to be a gopher snake now it's becoming an Anaconda. The NBA is afraid that we are going to get Kawhi and are trying their best to make this FO look bad. Our FO is not helping either. MTF Pelinka? At least mention dinner with someone alive if you are going to lie.
    Loool so true, what a moron, should have lied properly.

Our FO might be a mess but I'm pretty sure many FO's are in the league, medias just love smashing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Loool so true, what a moron, should have lied properly.

Our FO might be a mess but I'm pretty sure many FO's are in the league, medias just love smashing us.
    True. Would love to see the Cavs FO now. Especially after Gilbert got a stroke. Probably the day before his stroke he found out that Lebron actually was not on the Cavs roster anymore and his little brain couldn't take it. I know I'm insensitive but people like him don't need to exist. Know too much about him.

Our New Young Core.

I was all over Magic last week when he went on Stephen A and said what he said. I thought it was low of him and beneath him to do that. I am still upset with Magic about how he treated the staff and organization. Now I am equally pissed about Pelinka. I don't care if it is a little white lie, a lie is a lie, you can't have trust if you lie. Also pisses me off that he felt the need to sit in coaches meetings. Who does that shait. I am done with both Magic & Pelinka. I seriously hope Jeannie fires Rob. Start over and bring in a new face to lead our team. Damn I think I might even be willing to take back Mitch at this point.

You have to figure there was some truth in what Magic was saying but it was not the proper place nor time to say it. I really don't care what type of person Pelinka is. Even if he is "creative" in his stories. If he brings in a major FA and builds a good team that makes sense and not pot heads or head cases, then he is right for the job.

Our New Young Core.

The article by Baxter Holmes regarding the Lakers

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ba-crown-jewel

Key points:

- Neither Pelinka or Magic had front-office experience prior to being hired in March 2017
    - Magic was confrontational, a bully, a "fear monger" and had a dual personality
    - Organization was shocked and confused after hiring neither Monty or Lue as HC
    - Issues with the access given to Rich Paul, he was a "culture killer" and he kept trying to sabotage Luke
    - Players lost trust in management over the AD situation
    - Pelinka is a proven liar, disingenuous, deflects blame, sits on coaches meetings which is irregular and overall lacks credibility
    - Pelinka/Magic had their own "war room" for the draft and had everyone else in a second one. The expectation by the staff was they'd select Omari Spellman at #25. Pelinka/Magic unilaterally went with Mo Wagner and didn't tell them and they found out on TV
    - Jeannie Buss' reliance of staying within the "family" is a weakness - including her trust in the Rambis'

Some quotes:

- "According to nearly two dozen current and former team staffers, ranging from occupants of executive suites to office cubicles, in addition to league sources and others close to the team, the Lakers under Johnson and Pelinka were fraught with dysfunction, on and off the court. These sources, who feared reprisal and weren't authorized to speak publicly, describe Pelinka and Johnson as managers who made unilateral free-agent acquisitions; triggered a spate of tampering investigations and fines; berated staffers, including Walton; and created an in-house culture that many current and former longtime staffers said marginalized their colleagues, inspired fear and led to feelings of anxiety severe enough that at least two staffers suffered panic attacks......."

- With regards to the 2018 offseason moves: "But coaching staffers and others in basketball operations said Pelinka and Johnson made the signings while seeking little to no consultation from them, even forgoing gathering intel from staffers who had previously worked with some of the players they had signed. Some employees learned of the signings through media reports... "We all had the same reaction that the basketball world did, like what the f--- are we doing?" one Lakers coaching staff member told ESPN. "Not only are we not getting shooting, but we're also getting every basket case left on the market." "We were all confused," a front office staffer said. "All of it made no sense."

After reading that it makes you wonder why the Lakers didn't get rid of Pelinka also so the could clean house with a new GM.

Why keep Pelinka? It makes no sense

Just read a report that our scouts had Omari spillman as the top guy on their board, but Pelinka took Moe Wagner without letting anyone no anything. Everyone in our scouting department was shocked when the pick was announced! That makes our scouts feel like they don't even really have a say, when you do something like that without discussing it with them 1st. I hope we let Pelinka go soon, him and Magic are making us look really bad to everyone!

Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast