Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Anderson is on the way out. Typical game 7 choker. Get rid of him

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Matthews should have been double shifted.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Under 19 minutes.. Babcock should of rode the top guns into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    Anderson is on the way out. Typical game 7 choker. Get rid of him
    You can't just get rid of him until you find somebody better. But he let the team down again in Game 7. That weak *** first goal was a killer. I had the feeling then they were going to lose. I really disagree with how Babcock used the line up too but I just don't have it in me this time of night to type all that out.

I was always against letting someone of babcocks calibre gone but **** him now. Hes lost his touch.
    Marleau shouldve been benched from game 2 on out or had his *** on the 4th line. **** u too kadri.

But like the commentators said why the flying hell was Matthew's not double shifted or even played with nylander or tavares.

Just **** Babcock so over his line matching BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    You can't just get rid of him until you find somebody better. But he let the team down again in Game 7. That weak *** first goal was a killer. I had the feeling then they were going to lose. I really disagree with how Babcock used the line up too but I just don't have it in me this time of night to type all that out.
    Itís fine I hear what your saying. And I know you would bring up a great argument as to keep Anderson. For me he is that type of player that will never get over that hump. He is classified now as a choker of playoffs and game 7 evens. Someone long ago told me he is a good regular season goalie but not a playoff goalie.

Anderson wasn't that bad this time around - last year he was bad. Those first two goals were the product of some really lazy plays by the Leafs. Either they were lazy or the Leafs just coasted those passes and they were intercepted/turnover. Gotta get the pucks out of the zone without turning it over in your own zone. You can't keep expecting Anderson to bail you out when blatant mistakes like that happen.

The third goal Anderson should have had, but those first two goals in game 7 and the special teams (especially the seemingly terrified PK) was atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Anderson wasn't that bad this time around - last year he was bad. Those first two goals were the product of some really lazy plays by the Leafs. Either they were lazy or the Leafs just coasted those passes and they were intercepted/turnover. Gotta get the pucks out of the zone without turning it over in your own zone. You can't keep expecting Anderson to bail you out when blatant mistakes like that happen.

The third goal Anderson should have had, but those first two goals in game 7 and the special teams (especially the seemingly terrified PK) was atrocious.
    The issue with the first goal after the turnover (which yes, is the first issue) is Andersen leaving that hole open on the post. The turnover is inexcusable ditto for Andersen leaving that open. It was the only spot the puck possibly could of got into the net and he left it open just enough.

The issue with the special teams is personnel on the PK and straight up coaching. You could put coaching on the PP too. They do the same ****ing thing over and over and over and over and always with the same results. That by rights is the definition of insanity. You load up the 1st PP unit then take them off the ice after 50 seconds. Jesus Christ.. down by 2 goals with 12 minutes left and the Goat hops over the boards. Like come on. Why is Marleau not stapled to the bench the last 5 minutes? It's not 2005-06. Right now Marleau's stick is where the puck goes to die. Babcock has to wear a lot of this. He coached to win game 7 like you'd coach to win a game on a Monday night in November. It's the playoffs. The time for limiting ice time was for the regular season. It just seems like he would rather lose his way then win changing things. That's either stupidity or ego. I'll go with the latter.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 04-24-2019 at 05:30 PM.

The only silver lining in this is Gardiner is gone. No more black hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

The issue with the first goal after the turnover (which yes, is the first issue) is Andersen leaving that hole open on the post. The turnover is inexcusable ditto for Andersen leaving that open. It was the only spot the puck possibly could of got into the net and he left it open just enough.

The issue with the special teams is personnel on the PK and straight up coaching. You could put coaching on the PP too. They do the same ****ing thing over and over and over and over and always with the same results. That by rights is the definition of insanity. You load up the 1st PP unit then take them off the ice after 50 seconds. Jesus Christ.. down by 2 goals with 12 minutes left and the Goat hops over the boards. Like come on. Why is Marleau not stapled to the bench the last 5 minutes? It's not 2005-06. Right now Marleau's stick is where the puck goes to die. Babcock has to wear a lot of this. He coached to win game 7 like you'd coach to win a game on a Monday night in November. It's the playoffs. The time for limiting ice time was for the regular season. It just seems like he would rather lose his way then win changing things. That's either stupidity or ego. I'll go with the latter.
    I agree the first goal is one that Anderson should have had - the puck just somehow found the only place that was open.

I'm not sure what happens from here on out. Sure you could blame Babcock and you could also look at Dubas for not picking up the grinders that win in the post season. Remember Babcock was lobbying for these types of players and I'm not sure why the Leafs didn't go after McQuad when his cost was a 3rd rounder. Maybe Dubas felt Tampa was too good to beat in the playoffs? The thing with Babcock is he was out-coached again by Cassidy but did he play a roll in the development of Reilly and Kadri? Remember he once also had Marner on the 4th line and made him earn his way to the top line. Does Marner become the player he is with another coach?

If Babcock has developed these players and no more development is needed maybe it is time to move on to a better tactical coach. I think Babcock deserves 1 more shot at the postseason.

He's definitely not getting fired. Although the assistants might be a different story due to the failure of the special teams.

This is a big off-season. I'm hoping to see some pieces added on the back end.

Andersen was fine and our goalie depth should be getting better moving forward.

The issue is on defense. We can trim some fat from the front end too though.

He's definitely not getting fired. Although the assistants might be a different story due to the failure of the special teams.
    Maybe they can get the guy that Duchene and Chabot were talking about in their Uber ride.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Maybe they can get the guy that Duchene and Chabot were talking about in their Uber ride.

Lol. That was pretty hilarious. "The only coach to have the worst PK and PP in a calender year."

Iím not sure what dubas has to do after he signs marner but whatever it takes he needs to get on his wheels and get ASAP a top shut down D man.

Doughty
    Pk
    Pietrangelo

Whatever it takes but get someone of that class pedigree. If Nylander and others need to be trade so be it.

To me the only untouchables are Matthews marner Tavares Reilly and ding dong kadri for his friendly contract unless you move kadri and others to get the d man and keep Nylander. But then we lose toughness something we need.

Would help if the coach humbled up too. Yesterday at the presser he deflects all the blame and 5 minutes later Dubas comes out and wears everything. Simply pathetic by Babcock. Embarrassing after the way he coached game 7. Just keep throwing a winger out there with a torn ACL to take draws against Bergeron.. anyways no rants today lol.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 04-26-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678