Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Korver is right because whites as a demographic have systematically benefitted from the oppression of black people. Throughout slavery and well into the 1980s and beyond.

President Trump systematically discriminated against blacks and rented to lower qualified whites based on this racist system. This in turn disenfranchised them and further oppressed them (especially when they were denied home loans in communities where there home could see significant increase in value), this creating wealth.

Many whites today have been raised in the suberbs because of “white flight” and “redlining” that occurred throughout the 20th century. This created generational wealth that can hardly be recuperated without reparations. (Whites, who mainly control the economic apparatus need to realize this if there will ever be an even playing field)

What some people fail to realize is that the oppression of darker skinned Americans didn’t stop in 1865 but lived on well into the 20th century.

Though whites today aren’t to blame for slavery and the Legal practices that came after like Jim Crow and redlining , many continue to benefit due to those oppressive policies.
    Last edited by COOLbeans; 04-08-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It is hard for white people to step up and fight back against racism in their presence when they don't experience it. How can they?

I pass for white and I've been hit by cops while out with my darker friends, but when surrounded by white friends the racism just doesn't come up anywhere close to as much.

Korver doesn't represent the average white person in a lot of ways.

Next time I see him I'll ask my friend who is a black retired police chief what he thinks about Korvers white privilege epiphany.
    That's a really good point. I didn't see racism against Blacks until I started dating my girlfriend a couple of years ago. She's mixed, Black and White. I've seen first hand how Whites and Hispanics (they make about 95% of the people where I live) can be ignorant towards her and her family. However, I've also seen how other Blacks (not mixed) have treated people like her who are mixed and are really light skinned. Often times I've explicitly heard them try to disenfranchise her of "being Black". There is a clear prejudice against her from some Blacks and some non-Blacks. I never experienced that prior to being with her.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 04-08-2019 at 07:39 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I've never seen this quantified, crime stats paint a different picture, IQ scores paint a different picture, maybe theres more accountability on their part that you're ignoring rather than the white man. Nobody puts a gun to your head and makes you do drugs, rape, murder.
    Yes, but they do put your parents in jail which leads to much higher rates of all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    It shouldn't be screamed a thousand times , it should be obvious to anyone regardless without uttering a word.

Whats your excuse for the why? How did other minorities have it better?
    By not being enslaved,nor coming from that lineage, meaning not coming with that social/economic burden either.

This needs to be pointed out to you..?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

I pass for white and I've been hit by cops while out with my darker friends, but when surrounded by white friends the racism just doesn't come up anywhere close to as much.
    Lol, bro ur all over the place!

I'm curious, what are your thoughts of Hillary Clinton calling blacks "super predators"?

I have really benefited from oppressing others with having to work 6 days a week 8-12 hours a day in a job that is destroying my body all while paying the white man insane taxes on everything and not ever being eligible for welfare... i love korver but generalizing the white race and lumping us together is moronic... i have never sat back and watched racism... growing up in south philadelphia going to public schools from kin/12th grade where my schools were 85 percent non white i was constantly picked on in middle school because i couldnt afford jordans etc and other **** as well... but yes korver will now get the support of the people because the white privileged that he is has now belittled himself for another race. Such a stupid argument... this is the equivalent of when a 21 year old black man thinks he has been held down and has had a tough road or a superstar athlete who is making millions feels like its right to compare himself to a slave.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I have really benefited from oppressing others with having to work 6 days a week 8-12 hours a day in a job that is destroying my body all while paying the white man insane taxes on everything and not ever being eligible for welfare... i love korver but generalizing the white race and lumping us together is moronic... i have never sat back and watched racism... growing up in south philadelphia going to public schools from kin/12th grade where my schools were 85 percent non white i was constantly picked on in middle school because i couldnt afford jordans etc and other **** as well... but yes korver will now get the support of the people because the white privileged that he is has now belittled himself for another race. Such a stupid argument... this is the equivalent of when a 21 year old black man thinks he has been held down and has had a tough road or a superstar athlete who is making millions feels like its right to compare himself to a slave.
    None of that changes the white ptivilege you have enjoyed. White privilege isn't based on money, it's based on skin color, haha!

*you got picked on for not being able to afford Jordans in high school?
    Last edited by nastynice; 04-08-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    That's a really good point. I didn't see racism against Blacks until I started dating my girlfriend a couple of years ago. She's mixed, Black and White. I've seen first hand how Whites and Hispanics (they make about 95% of the people where I live) can be ignorant towards her and her family. However, I've also seen how other Blacks (not mixed) have treated people like her who are mixed and are really light skinned. Often times I've explicitly heard them try to disenfranchise her of "being Black". There is a clear prejudice against her from some Blacks and some non-Blacks. I never experienced that prior to being with her.
    dated a girl for a year who was dark skinned and was the sweetest person in the world but my god was racism bad from both sides.... we were literally looked down on from both spectrum's black and white.... the blackside was much more vocal but the white side you could just feel them belittling you nomatter where you went.

Racism will always be a problem but its a problem both ways... we look for racism everywhere in todays world

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    None of that changes the white ptivilege you have enjoyed. White privilege isn't based on money, it's based on skin color, haha!
    did you not see the part where i have spent my entire life around 85 percent black/rican/asian and was actually the minority.... i lived right next to 7th street in south philly my entire life... i dont understand this white privileged i have been afforded lol

this is my overall point... lumping everyone together is hilariously stupid.

did you not see the part where i have spent my entire life around 85 percent black/rican/asian and was actually the minority.... i lived right next to 7th street in south philly my entire life... i dont understand this white privileged i have been afforded lol
    Think about the "belittling" you felt when with your black girlfriend. Now imagine that belittling isn't based on who you're with but instead based on who you are.

Think about the "belittling" you felt when with your black girlfriend. Now imagine that belittling isn't based on who you're with but instead based on who you are.
    agreed but we act like in todays society its just 1 way and all us white people should feel bad because of slavery

agreed but we act like in todays society its just 1 way and all us white people should feel bad because of slavery
    It's not all 1 way, but even if it was why should white people today feel bad about what their great grandparents did? The hell is a white person today supposed to do about it?

It's not all 1 way, but even if it was why should white people today feel bad about what their great grandparents did? The hell is a white person today supposed to do about it?
    exactly

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast