Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I mean, The Last Jedi gets a ton of crap for all the SJW stuff they put into it, so it goes both ways.
    I watched TLJ last night. I had watched it before but was distracted through most of it. I know people lost their minds over the "SJW stuff", but I honestly still have no idea what they're talking about after watching it undisturbed. Just the fact that women were prominently featured?

Anyways, the trailer for this looks fantastic. The slight hesitation/backlash does seem silly. I'm excited.
    Last edited by ManRam; 09-16-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Big Batman fan here, still waiting for a legit Riddler appearance (eff Jim Carrey), but, I am pleased with more Joker in the meantime. Phoenix is a top notch actor, I thought at first it might be a weird choice, but, then, he's nuts irl, he fits the character.

Quite frankly I am getting tired of Joker. I prefer Deathstroke because, imo, he is more of Batman's equal than Joker.

So I am not a fan of this Joker fan, and I am probably going to skip the film altogether. To be fair, I am probably going to skip any and all future DC films because they can't make a good movie, excluding WW.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Quite frankly I am getting tired of Joker. I prefer Deathstroke because, imo, he is more of Batman's equal than Joker.

So I am not a fan of this Joker fan, and I am probably going to skip the film altogether. To be fair, I am probably going to skip any and all future DC films because they can't make a good movie, excluding WW.
    Weirdo. I cant wait to see it. Hes gonna be the best joker there ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Weirdo. I cant wait to see it. Hes gonna be the best joker there ever was.
    Agreed. This is going to be the Logan of the DCU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Deathstroke, nice.

Though I am definitely going to see this movie, they are overdoing the Joker, between the movies and the video games. I hope this is the last of him taking a big role for a while and we get to see other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DethRidesAHorse View Post
    Big Batman fan here, still waiting for a legit Riddler appearance (eff Jim Carrey), but, I am pleased with more Joker in the meantime. Phoenix is a top notch actor, I thought at first it might be a weird choice, but, then, he's nuts irl, he fits the character.
    Thank God someone else agrees with me that Jim Carrey's Riddler was a big pile of ****.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

I love the Joker character, but this looks awful to me and I don't like Phoenix. Hopefully it ends up good, but I have my doubts. I also hope they aren't portraying Joker as a sympathetic character in the movie, I have no interest in that.

Wow what a movie. I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I love the Joker character, but this looks awful to me and I don't like Phoenix. Hopefully it ends up good, but I have my doubts. I also hope they aren't portraying Joker as a sympathetic character in the movie, I have no interest in that.
    Same here. Joker is a great character (nobody can tough Heath Ledger's Joker) but he is definitely overdone right now. The fact that this Joker is likely tied to Robert Pattinson's Batman and that is nearly gross to me.

Phoenix is a fine actor, just like Ben Afleck, but both were miscast as Joker and Batman.
    Screw sabermetics.

Heath Ledger kinda ruined the joker for all of us. I cant imagine him ever being equaled. It was too perfect.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    . I also hope they aren't portraying Joker as a sympathetic character in the movie, I have no interest in that.
    They always do a little bit. That's what makes him such a great character
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

It's a masterpiece

It’s pretty damn good, but not a masterpiece.

Same here. Joker is a great character (nobody can tough Heath Ledger's Joker) but he is definitely overdone right now. The fact that this Joker is likely tied to Robert Pattinson's Batman and that is nearly gross to me.

Phoenix is a fine actor, just like Ben Afleck, but both were miscast as Joker and Batman.
    Nope

This is a stand-alone movie.

Don’t think he was miscast at all either, but this is a realistic take on the Joker and how society makes him become what he is and at the same time why he has a need to be admired in a way?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast