Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Also, yeah, it's either Gordon's the HC or Gordon's sadly, needing to find a new organization. I really appreciate how he's handled everything, but it's either that or the other. And as much as I think it's the sad move for a good soldier, the answer isn't Scott Gordon as the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I think if you believe in Hart to shoulder the load next season, that should help Elliot stay healthy. If you're asking Elliot for 30 starts, and they're more spread out, he can handle that. Or I'd hope he can handle it.
    Granted every move comes with a degree of uncertainty, but after enduring this season what level of hope are you comfortable with? Thatís the question for Fletcher. To me itís somewhat telling that after trading for Talbot they still ended up giving Elliott starts at the end when youíd have thought they would have given them to Talbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    You could probably get him at $9M.
    Doubtful. I think he crosses the 10m threshold, but doesn't mean we shouldn't pursue him either.

I want no parts of EK at $12M for 6 years
    Don't be dumb...either of you. Granted Panarin fits better for what we need, either or would be a huge boost and those are actually great contracts when you consider how much the cap is consider to rise over the next few years.

You should probably get more than a prospect & a 3rd if you're trading a PPG 29 year old winger on an attractive deal -- we all may be frustrated with him, but he's still a damn good player. And if we're going to give him up, I want to win the trade.
    He's not a ppg winger. That said, that is an awful return for Voracek. If the right offer comes along absolutely explore it, but that doesn't mean the Flyers should essentially dump him in a salary dump either.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I think if you believe in Hart to shoulder the load next season, that should help Elliot stay healthy. If you're asking Elliot for 30 starts, and they're more spread out, he can handle that. Or I'd hope he can handle it.
    No thanks. Talbot has proven durability. I'm not so sure less work for Elliott at this point in his career will help keep him healthy. Sitting for long stretches are just as likely to cause injury as being overworked.

Come on April 9th. The NHL still owes us from the Kane JVR fleecing we got. Pull #1 or #2 in the draft. Would completely change the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Don't be dumb...either of you. Granted Panarin fits better for what we need, either or would be a huge boost and those are actually great contracts when you consider how much the cap is consider to rise over the next few years.
    I don't doubt that EK would be a huge boost in the short term. I have questions about his durability in the long term, as well as how much wear & tear he's endured to date. And $12M AAV over 6 years is a major chunk of cap -- all for a guy that played in only 53 games this season?

If it's a more reasonable $9M over 7? Sure. But $12M is a LOT of money for a guy who hasn't been healthy in a few years (though he did play through it in OTT).

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Come on April 9th. The NHL still owes us from the Kane JVR fleecing we got. Pull #1 or #2 in the draft. Would completely change the organization.
    As much as I'd love that, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

He's not a ppg winger. That said, that is an awful return for Voracek. If the right offer comes along absolutely explore it, but that doesn't mean the Flyers should essentially dump him in a salary dump either.
    151 points in 160 games over the past two seasons, so he isn't far off at all. That's 0.944 PPG. Close enough.

I'm not saying he's the best RW in hockey, but I am saying that there aren't that many RWs better than Jake. There are a few, but not that many. So if you're trading him, you need to get either a young roster player with upside or a nice package of picks & prospects in return.

I don't doubt that EK would be a huge boost in the short term. I have questions about his durability in the long term, as well as how much wear & tear he's endured to date. And $12M AAV over 6 years is a major chunk of cap -- all for a guy that played in only 53 games this season?

If it's a more reasonable $9M over 7? Sure. But $12M is a LOT of money for a guy who hasn't been healthy in a few years (though he did play through it in OTT).
    He's well worth it at 12mil. With that said I agree with the premise that cap space could be better utilized.

No thanks. Talbot has proven durability. I'm not so sure less work for Elliott at this point in his career will help keep him healthy. Sitting for long stretches are just as likely to cause injury as being overworked.
    Talbot isn't a very good goalie. He was putrid this year in Edmonton, and he continued to be bad with us.

I'll take talent over health. Simply being healthy and bad gets you little. And while he may not play as often, he will still practice and work out. I have no belief here that playing Elliot less will hurt him more. That's silly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

He's well worth it at 12mil. With that said I agree with the premise that cap space could be better utilized.
    He may be worth it, but I don't think the Flyers need to be adding a $12m contract on the blue line right now. Presumably, as it stands, you should have your top-4 for the next 3-5 years set. Now, trades may occur, but based on the roster today, that's the way it is.

The $12m could be better spent by the Flyers for needs. EK is a great player. I just don't think he's a great fit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

151 points in 160 games over the past two seasons, so he isn't far off at all. That's 0.944 PPG. Close enough.

I'm not saying he's the best RW in hockey, but I am saying that there aren't that many RWs better than Jake. There are a few, but not that many. So if you're trading him, you need to get either a young roster player with upside or a nice package of picks & prospects in return.
    Again, not disagreeing with your premise that he would be a difficult player to replace, but he's a guy you can count on for 60+ in a down year and near ppg pace in a good year. He's crossed the threshold just once in his career and came close 2 other times. One of which was in a shortened season.

Here'sa scenario I haven't seen brought up yet. How Bout signing Joe Pavelski, and Joonas Donskoi and trading for a top 4 dman like Dougie Hamilton? Longshot? Maybe, but if you consider them resigning EK-65 and a massive raise for Meier that would leave then with approx 70 mil or so tied up in 15 players.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
    Lindblom-Pavelski-Voracek
    JVR-Patrick-Donskoi
    Raffl-Laughton-Hartman

Provorov-Hamilton
    Sanheim-Myers
    Ghost-Gudas

Hart
    Talbot

Would allow the Flyers to let guys like Frost, Farabee, Ratcliffe time to develop and not forced to be rushed or relied upon. That's a cup caliber roster and you really aren't blocking your kids long term.

Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast