Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 139 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2098

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Not true. Exhibit A Kyle Turris.
    I mean, I'm not very sure sitting him fixed him. I think it's correlation more than causation. This whole "well so and so sat a game so now he's fixed" is a load of ******** from my perspective. Every year we see teams across sports pull this. "Player X had a bad play so he sits. Player Y didn't run out a ground ball, sit 'em!". It's all garbage.

Give me talent. On the ice. Not in the box. It's straight ********. Kyle Turris' possession numbers were fine before he "sat out". You know what else happened the year he "got benched"? His o-zone starts jumped big.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    It's not stupid at all. A talented player that isn't playing the way he is suppose to gets a little time on the bench until he plays the right way.
    No. A talented player sits out and hurts the team because talent is wasted on the bench. Players don't just fix who they are because they sit out a game or two.

If the player is bad they sit. If they're good they play. Have a bad stretch? Whatever. Chances are, players with track records and sample sizes fix themselves. Sitting a game or two isnt some catalyst.

We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

I don't see it getting any better. I mean if Alex Nylander can pull Jokiharju, surely there is a deal out there to get out from under Patrick that believes in his potential.
    The Hawks got fleeced. I think they saw the Strome trade and got too big on their own evaluation.

I think you're far too hard on the Patrick eval, personally. Well too hard. At this juncture I think the Flyers who have yet to see a fully healthy season from the kid would be fools to sell low on him. I was never Catpain Patrick, even at draft day, but there's a center who can score 30 goals in there. I want to see him keep healthy and go from there.

We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I mean, I'm not very sure sitting him fixed him. I think it's correlation more than causation. This whole "well so and so sat a game so now he's fixed" is a load of ******** from my perspective. Every year we see teams across sports pull this. "Player X had a bad play so he sits. Player Y didn't run out a ground ball, sit 'em!". It's all garbage.

Give me talent. On the ice. Not in the box. It's straight ********. Kyle Turris' possession numbers were fine before he "sat out". You know what else happened the year he "got benched"? His o-zone starts jumped big.

totally agree. Also turris is a bum

I don't see it getting any better. I mean if Alex Nylander can pull Jokiharju, surely there is a deal out there to get out from under Patrick that believes in his potential.
    I don't get how you are so down on patrick when isn't even 21 yet. This isn't nylander who hasn't even played a full season in the league. This isn't puljujarvi who has literally done nothing and hasn't shown flashes at all. Patrick has been pretty good. He hasn't been great and thats why some are throwing "bust" around. They expected him to be a 2c right off the bat. Some players need more time. He is solid in his own zone (he isn't awful there), he has been getting faster every year, he has a nice shot, and he is already a good faceoff man. He can finally play on a line with lindblom or jvr and another wing for a whole year to develop chemistry now. I don't get how you think we would be better off without patrick and be confident with laughton as our 3rd C.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I think we need to get off Patrick's nuts. It's not like we have given him a stable situation yet nor good coaching and he has not been healthy for a full season yet. Give the kid a break...He will come around. He has shown some awesome flashes of being an elite level player and has taken over games in spurts. A good coach should be able to corral that type of spurt and make it more consistent.
    amen. look at couts. He blossomed later on. I know he was still elite early on defensively but we didn't give up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    I don't get how you are so down on patrick when isn't even 21 yet. This isn't nylander who hasn't even played a full season in the league. This isn't puljujarvi who has literally done nothing and hasn't shown flashes at all. Patrick has been pretty good. He hasn't been great and thats why some are throwing "bust" around. They expected him to be a 2c right off the bat. Some players need more time. He is solid in his own zone (he isn't awful there), he has been getting faster every year, he has a nice shot, and he is already a good faceoff man. He can finally play on a line with lindblom or jvr and another wing for a whole year to develop chemistry now. I don't get how you think we would be better off without patrick and be confident with laughton as our 3rd C.

amen. look at couts. He blossomed later on. I know he was still elite early on defensively but we didn't give up on him.
    Next person that compares Patrick to Couturier I'm gonna scream.

Next person that compares Patrick to Couturier I'm gonna scream.
    i knew someone would say this which is why I brought up the elite defensively part. Im not comparing the player's skill at all. Im just saying I remember a lot of posters being fed up with couts because he was "never going to be a better offensive player". Same situation, different player. Why are you giving up on patrick in two years? Its not like he has regressed like a pulujarvi. He hasn't even hit the surface of his talent. If he doesn't improve in the next 2 year...then we can MAYBE talk about it. I think you are just more disappointed that Patrick hasn't been better than he has been so far (which is most of us really).
    Scream all you want lol

As for the Homer stepping down thing; I think it makes sense that Hexy did not get the job of president or didnít take it well that he was not a candidate - then left. Maybe it was said to him that Homer would be stepping down.

That makes the most sense as to why it was such a strange hiring and firing process

I donít know how I feel about Fletcher because I think that means Flahr will likely be the GM from now until eternity ... which Iím not that like thrilled about.

Patty will net 25 and have 32 assist this year. Let the kid have his 3rd year. His first year he was still recovering from surgery and last year this team was a joke; ... I still love his potential. I would also trade him with someone to bring in a solid 20 - 24 year old legit center.

He is fine for now

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I think we need to get off Patrick's nuts. It's not like we have given him a stable situation yet nor good coaching and he has not been healthy for a full season yet. Give the kid a break...He will come around. He has shown some awesome flashes of being an elite level player and has taken over games in spurts. A good coach should be able to corral that type of spurt and make it more consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Patty will net 25 and have 32 assist this year. Let the kid have his 3rd year. His first year he was still recovering from surgery and last year this team was a joke; ... I still love his potential. I would also trade him with someone to bring in a solid 20 - 24 year old legit center.

He is fine for now
    I think we are the few that really think he can be a solid goal scorer too. horvat? If the plan was to package him with another piece to get a horvat type player then the fa plans should've been to get a 3c at a cheaper cost than hayes. Now its going to be patrick at a short term bridge deal or a 4-5 deal at like 3-5 million (depending on how he produces)

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

Give me a disciplined team over guys with talent that play undisciplined.

laughton signed 2 years 2.3 aav

laughton signed 2 years 2.3 aav
    That seems about right. Probably a little high, but he did put up 30ish points, so makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    That seems about right. Probably a little high, but he did put up 30ish points, so makes sense.
    ya maybe a 200-300k too much but its the rate now.

ya maybe a 200-300k too much but its the rate now.
    Not really. That's a good deal for both sides.