Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 138 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2156

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    and that is all he is. He doesn't have any more he can offer offensively. He isn't a guy who can get 40. Patrick can and will this year while being solid defensively. Would take patrick over bjugstad, coyle, borgstrom, and many other 3c's
    He's scored 32 with no pp time and starting in the defensive zone at es more than 2/3 of the time. He played the same amount of minutes at Patrick who actually got pp time, top 6 caliber linemates, and favorable situations. So come again? People want to toss Laughton away like he's some worthless 4th liner, but he's been a pretty elite bottom 6 player for a couple years now. Who's to say what he could do if he was allowed to play a slightly larger role offensively L because he hasn't been afforded those opportunities.

8-11 minutes. not much you can do with that and barely any pp time. Rather have rubstov that ratcliffe on the 4th if it means that he can get 17+ minutes in the ahl
    Well of course, but that wasn't what the conversation was about. It was about how Ratcliffe could help the big club this year.

and that is all he is. He doesn't have any more he can offer offensively. He isn't a guy who can get 40. Patrick can and will this year while being solid defensively. Would take patrick over bjugstad, coyle, borgstrom, and many other 3c's
    I don't know...I think Laughton could get 40 if he's given good, consistent linemates (i.e. not Varone or Bailey or Weise).

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Well of course, but that wasn't what the conversation was about. It was about how Ratcliffe could help the big club this year.
    ya but he will probably be in that 4th line role so I don't see how he can have a major impact on the team. Get those minutes in the ahl and force ur way into the top 9

He's scored 32 with no pp time and starting in the defensive zone at es more than 2/3 of the time. He played the same amount of minutes at Patrick who actually got pp time, top 6 caliber linemates, and favorable situations. So come again? People want to toss Laughton away like he's some worthless 4th liner, but he's been a pretty elite bottom 6 player for a couple years now. Who's to say what he could do if he was allowed to play a slightly larger role offensively L because he hasn't been afforded those opportunities.
    I feel like you want to toss patrick away like he's worthless lol. I love laughts, but he won't be playing on the 3rd line anymore. He will be on the 4th line so seeing 40 pt production will be much harder. Could he do it? Possibly. Im betting he wont and that is fine. Maybe he could hit that mark if we gave him pp time but why should we? We have much more talented guys in patrick/farabee/frost/ratcliffe that can do more with that time. Even if they haven't produced yet (patrick) that doesn't mean we should take their time away and give it to someone like laughton who POSSIBLY could/couldn't get there while taking from the younger/better players development. We don't need him to be that guy. He is a productive 4th liner who can help in other areas (pk, shutdown role, versatile guy). Now that we have hayes I want laughton on the 4th driving play with raffl and the other 4th liner with a few games here and there in the middle six. Having a reliable 4th line they could use in all situations is extremely helpful so let him thrive in that role and work his way up when injuries occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I don't know...I think Laughton could get 40 if he's given good, consistent linemates (i.e. not Varone or Bailey or Weise).
    Keep raffl and laughts on the 4th line with whoever else. Play ratcliffe/frost/farabee on the 3rd line and work with that (while mixing up the top 9 here and there) so they can make other players better (something laughton can't really do to the capability of other more skilled players).
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 07-10-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Holmgren stepping aside to go into an advisory role. Fletcher being given the president label as well.

Just wanna point out, steagles essentially predicted this months ago.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

I feel like you want to toss patrick away like he's worthless lol. I love laughts, but he won't be playing on the 3rd line anymore. He will be on the 4th line so seeing 40 pt production will be much harder. Could he do it? Possibly. Im betting he wont and that is fine. Maybe he could hit that mark if we gave him pp time but why should we? We have much more talented guys in patrick/farabee/frost/ratcliffe that can do more with that time. Even if they haven't produced yet (patrick) that doesn't mean we should take their time away and give it to someone like laughton who POSSIBLY could/couldn't get there while taking from the younger/better players development. We don't need him to be that guy. He is a productive 4th liner who can help in other areas (pk, shutdown role, versatile guy). Now that we have hayes I want laughton on the 4th driving play with raffl and the other 4th liner with a few games here and there in the middle six. Having a reliable 4th line they could use in all situations is extremely helpful so let him thrive in that role and work his way up when injuries occur.

Keep raffl and laughts on the 4th line with whoever else. Play ratcliffe/frost/farabee on the 3rd line and work with that (while mixing up the top 9 here and there) so they can make other players better (something laughton can't really do to the capability of other more skilled players).
    I want to trade him while he has some semblance of value. We essentially used the #2 pick on a guy that's been a bottom 6 NHL forward to date. It's make or break time for Patty.

I want to trade him while he has some semblance of value. We essentially used the #2 pick on a guy that's been a bottom 6 NHL forward to date. It's make or break time for Patty.
    You'll recoup very little right now. Flat out, Nolan Patrick has a ton more value to the Flyers organization in that they used a 2nd overall selection on him than he does to another franchise as someone who has underperformed to date at the NHL level.

I wouldn't say we are at "make or break" yet. He's not even capable of buying alcohol who has struggled with some injuries to date. He's flashed plus skill. I think patience is key, here, still. Let's see what he can do in a bit more of a sheltered role with some legit linemates.

Stay the course and the Flyers can still be highly rewarded.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    He doesn't have to be a 60-65 point guy. He just has to be able to shut down opponents and contribute at least 50 points. He's ideal for the type of defensive system this coaching staff will have the team play. Don't be surprised to see some very skilled veterans get benched for defensive lapses either.
    I won't be. And I'll be the guy whining the entire time about how stupid that **** is. It was stupid when Dave Hakstol did it. It'll be equally at stupid when Alain Vigneault does it. You want to fix that? Benching a more talented player for a less talented player isn't how.

And Kevin Hayes at that contract needs to be way more then that. 50 point, mediocre 2Cs are worth far less then that contract.

We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Holmgren stepping aside to go into an advisory role. Fletcher being given the president label as well.

Just wanna point out, steagles essentially predicted this months ago.
    It was the logical steps given the way the team has acted this off-season. Fletcher has been obviously given carte blanche here, for better or worse.

We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It was the logical steps given the way the team has acted this off-season. Fletcher has been obviously given carte blanche here, for better or worse.

So crazy... Fletcher has done precisely zero to deserve this level of autonomy.

I won't be. And I'll be the guy whining the entire time about how stupid that **** is. It was stupid when Dave Hakstol did it. It'll be equally at stupid when Alain Vigneault does it. You want to fix that? Benching a more talented player for a less talented player isn't how.

And Kevin Hayes at that contract needs to be way more then that. 50 point, mediocre 2Cs are worth far less then that contract.

It's not stupid at all. A talented player that isn't playing the way he is suppose to gets a little time on the bench until he plays the right way.

Not true. Exhibit A Kyle Turris.

You'll recoup very little right now. Flat out, Nolan Patrick has a ton more value to the Flyers organization in that they used a 2nd overall selection on him than he does to another franchise as someone who has underperformed to date at the NHL level.

I wouldn't say we are at "make or break" yet. He's not even capable of buying alcohol who has struggled with some injuries to date. He's flashed plus skill. I think patience is key, here, still. Let's see what he can do in a bit more of a sheltered role with some legit linemates.

Stay the course and the Flyers can still be highly rewarded.

I don't see it getting any better. I mean if Alex Nylander can pull Jokiharju, surely there is a deal out there to get out from under Patrick that believes in his potential.

I think we need to get off Patrick's nuts. It's not like we have given him a stable situation yet nor good coaching and he has not been healthy for a full season yet. Give the kid a break...He will come around. He has shown some awesome flashes of being an elite level player and has taken over games in spurts. A good coach should be able to corral that type of spurt and make it more consistent.