Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: Offseason

I mean I am 100% down for something like that. Or 3 yrs @8-8.5 aav. Placing Pavs between Couturier and Patrick in the pecking order would be huge.

Im down for that ...

Id first look into Karlsson

I'm good on Karlsson to be honest. I don't see his injury issues getting better as he gets older. Also good on Subban. Hell no at that 9 mil a year cap hit. Plus, I don't think he wants to be on a team with Therrien as one of the coaches again.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I mean I am 100% down for something like that. Or 3 yrs @8-8.5 aav. Placing Pavs between Couturier and Patrick in the pecking order would be huge.
    8-8.5 would be perfect for him. Save the 1.5 to 2 mil for a good backup.

The problem with offering JP 8 or 8.5 AAV for 3 years is that I expect that to be what the market value is for him.

Meaning to ensure his acquisition one would need to either go longer, or increase that AAV. Personally I don't want to commit too much term to a 34 year old. I'd rather increase the AAV.

Then in order for him to take less than market value tern, I would imagine you would need to increase that, AAV by a somewhat significant margin.

2 for 20
    Or
    3 for 24

This gives him the opportunity to not only make more over the twilight of his career, but also continue to compete for a title.

8.5 actually does put him over his projected market value. I agree that they should keep the term to a Max of 3 years though. In fact evolving wild projects him at just over 7.5m for 3 years. I think 8.5m @3 years at least makes him think. Especially if the Sharks make a lot of changes this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    8.5 actually does put him over his projected market value. I agree that they should keep the term to a Max of 3 years though. In fact evolving wild projects him at just over 7.5m for 3 years. I think 8.5m @3 years at least makes him think. Especially if the Sharks make a lot of changes this summer.
    Yea, but I was to get him to commit to 2 years instead of 3.

So if we're assuming 7.5 for 3 years is the highest other offer, I'd guess 2 years with a 9 million AAV could get it done.

Essentially m willing to overpay for 2 years to maintain future flexibility. This is specifically due to the flyers current situation. If the kids pan out I would hate to have to lose someone due to a 37 year old Joe Pavelski deep in a steady decline. If he keeps producing, he's going to be able to be resigned after those 2 two years anyway.

Fair enough point.

I'd only be willing to overpay if our young guys have their contracts figured out first.

So here's a question we were talking about at work...would you give Voynov a shot now that his suspension has been reduced? If so, what would you trade for his rights? I'd say no and nothing cuz no.

Why would anybody pay anything for him? I'm all for giving guys 2nd chances to be better human beings, but that guy is radioactive.

I'll pass on Karlsson. I worry about his health.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152