Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Thread: Offseason

looking back at kovalev's stats....the guy averaged 23 min a game for several years lol.

from what i've read, i like kaliyev. Looks like a guy who can score and bang. Could be a lesser meier maybe if he can round out the 200 foot game. Would love to draft a guy like meier...gimme anyone with that type of game (not saying kaliyev has it, just want that)

do you guys not see Podkolzin going top 5?

would you guys pick krebs, caufield, podkolzin, or kaliyev? I think these will fall out of the top 8.

My top 15:

1. hughes
    2. kakko
    3. cozens
    4. Dach
    5. Turcotte
    6. bryam
    7. Boldy
    8. Zegras
    9. Broberg
    10. Podkolzin
    11. Caufield
    12. soderstrom
    13. krebs
    14. kaliyev
    15. york

i see anaheim, minny, detroit or kings going d early. cant see minny taking another russian as they have been waiting on kaprisov forever. I would love for turcotte, dach, boldy, zegras to fall down but i dont see it unless someone takes on podkolzin, caufield, or a d in york/soderstrom. Then they might fall down. If they don't, i would not mind caufield or kaliyev!
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 05-15-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Still waiting as to why Yakupov is even comparable ... if it is simply number of goals, then that would be the only thing I’m seeing to compare them so why else? ... they are dramatically different stylistically and their type of game they play ... Kaliyev is 6’2” ... Yako is 5’11”
    Stylistically they aren't. They play a very similar type of game regardless if size.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    would you guys pick krebs, caufield, podkolzin, or kaliyev? I think these will fall out of the top 8.

My top 15:

1. hughes
    2. kakko
    3. cozens
    4. Dach
    5. Turcotte
    6. bryam
    7. Boldy
    8. Zegras
    9. Broberg
    10. Podkolzin
    11. Caufield
    12. soderstrom
    13. Kaliyev
    14. lavoi
    15. york

i see anaheim, minny, detroit or kings going d early. cant see minny taking another russian as they have been waiting on kaprisov forever. I would love for turcotte, dach, boldy, zegras to fall down but i dont see it unless someone takes on podkolzin, caufield, or a d in york/soderstrom. Then they might fall down. If they don't, i would not mind caufield or kaliyev!
    Krebs without question. I'm curious as to why Krebs is not in your top 15 and what you guys see in LaVoie? Lavoiew is maybe the most overrated prospects in this draft and I would be pissed if the Flyers selected him.
    Last edited by CasperX22; 05-15-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Stylistically they aren't. They play a very similar type of game regardless if size.
    Yako was all speed off the wing; breakaways and one timers on PPs ...

Kaliyev is a slot shooter that finds open ice and soft shooting spots; he is fast but not near the straight line speed “fast” that Yako was. Lastly, on the cycle and from behind the net Kaliyev is dominant. He scores most of his goals and points from the high danger areas and has slick hands in tight.

Those types of games are starkly different stylistically. I watched a lot of Hamilton this year and I’ve never been like “that is Yakupov’s game and style”

oops totally forgot krebs, i didnt know where to put him but he can go anywhere between 8-13

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Yako was all speed off the wing; breakaways and one timers on PPs ...

Kaliyev is a slot shooter that finds open ice and soft shooting spots; he is fast but not near the straight line speed “fast” that Yako was. Lastly, on the cycle and from behind the net Kaliyev is dominant. He scores most of his goals and points from the high danger areas and has slick hands in tight.

Those types of games are starkly different stylistically. I watched a lot of Hamilton this year and I’ve never been like “that is Yakupov’s game and style”
    Yakupov also had a nice habit of finding soft spots and blasting away with a good snap/wrist shot; I do agree that he was more of a "fast" player while Kaliyev is more of a "pace + size" player.

If I was going to make a more recent comparison, Kaliyev reminds me a great deal of Wahlstrom, with a few caveats: (1) Wahlstrom is the better straight-line skaker + has the better first step; (2) Kaliyev has a better wrist + one-time shot and (3) Kaliyev never got to play with Jack Hughes, so there's that.

Kaliyev is an underrated playmaker -- some of the assists he has are far more impressive than the goals. He's threaded quite a few gorgeous passes through traffic to Strome (esp. on the PP & the rush).

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Yakupov also had a nice habit of finding soft spots and blasting away with a good snap/wrist shot; I do agree that he was more of a "fast" player while Kaliyev is more of a "pace + size" player.

If I was going to make a more recent comparison, Kaliyev reminds me a great deal of Wahlstrom, with a few caveats: (1) Wahlstrom is the better straight-line skaker + has the better first step; (2) Kaliyev has a better wrist + one-time shot and (3) Kaliyev never got to play with Jack Hughes, so there's that.

Kaliyev is an underrated playmaker -- some of the assists he has are far more impressive than the goals. He's threaded quite a few gorgeous passes through traffic to Strome (esp. on the PP & the rush).
    Kaliyev certainly has a harder shot. I wouldn't say it's more accurate than Whalstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Kaliyev certainly has a harder shot. I wouldn't say it's more accurate than Whalstrom.
    I don't know....Kaliyev picks corners pretty damn well

would you guys have wanted to win this lottery and get kakko or the patrick one?

would you guys have wanted to win this lottery and get kakko or the patrick one?
    Kakko.

Wasn't that high on Patrick to be honest. Kakko looks like the real deal.

i think kakko wouldve gone first in that draft tbh after petterson.

petterson, kakko, hischier, then patrick

Kakko without question.

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast