Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    That correlation and causation thing again lol!
    Given the sample size; I think this is statistically significant

Nail Yakupov scored 49.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Nail Yakupov scored 49.
    Last I checked - 49 is not 50 haha ... purely looking at 50

And who knows the level that Edmonton ruined him completely

Or he just wasn't very good to begin with. Considering he's drawn comparisons to Yakupov that should be plenty of reason for pause and to dig a bit deeper.

Or he just wasn't very good to begin with. Considering he's drawn comparisons to Yakupov that should be plenty of reason for pause and to dig a bit deeper.
    Who is comparing them?

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Last I checked - 49 is not 50 haha ... purely looking at 50

And who knows the level that Edmonton ruined him completely
    Yakupov was talented, but EDM didn't do him any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Yakupov was talented, but EDM didn't do him any favors.
    All NHL prospects are talented. Player development obviously plays a role, but it's a two way street.

Such an arbitrary number to stop at. I didn't look at rate stats but it's possible Nail scored at a higher clip than this kid.

I dont like this stat castan. Not even a little

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Such an arbitrary number to stop at. I didn't look at rate stats but it's possible Nail scored at a higher clip than this kid.

I dont like this stat castan. Not even a little
    Liking it and it being present are two different things. Just my take on it, and the stats go back to the 80s, so I think it has some credence. We need scoring and someone who wants to shoot. Lindblom is doing great at the worlds at it, which is terrific

Im interested to see any player comp articles for Kaliyev because Ive seen nothing like Yako ...

All NHL prospects are talented. Player development obviously plays a role, but it's a two way street.
    Some more than others. Yakupov had Kovalev/Semin level talent, but poor player development & poor work ethic prevented him from ever making good on that talent in a consistent way.

Some more than others. Yakupov had Kovalev/Semin level talent, but poor player development & poor work ethic prevented him from ever making good on that talent in a consistent way.
    Not that Kovalev or Semin are anything to aspire to be. Noted that Kovalev is another comp I've seen for Kaliyev.

Not that Kovalev or Semin are anything to aspire to be. Noted that Kovalev is another comp I've seen for Kaliyev.
    I mean, Kovalev did score over 1,000 points in his NHL career and was a very good top-6 forward for over a decade.

I mean, Kovalev did score over 1,000 points in his NHL career and was a very good top-6 forward for over a decade.
    I would take that for sure

He had a solid career built on longevity. I wouldn't mind that. I suppose tanother way to look at this is Kovalev being the high end of the spectrum and Yakupov being the low end of the spectrum.

He had a solid career built on longevity. I wouldn't mind that. I suppose tanother way to look at this is Kovalev being the high end of the spectrum and Yakupov being the low end of the spectrum.
    Still waiting as to why Yakupov is even comparable ... if it is simply number of goals, then that would be the only thing Im seeing to compare them so why else? ... they are dramatically different stylistically and their type of game they play ... Kaliyev is 62 ... Yako is 511

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast