Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 153 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Offseason

Not sold on keeping Talbot. I'd like to resign Elliot and rotate Hart & Elliot. Hopefully we can dump MacDonald. If someone blew me away with an offer for Voracek I'd be trading him. Sign Panarin and either sign a 3C or hope Frost can fill that role. Need to decide if Gordon is the coach or someone else. If Gordon isn't going to be the coach, make him an assistant. He has coached all the younger players. Also need to up grade the PK (be it with different players or a different coach).

I agree on the goaltending situation. Elliott finished the year strong and I think he can be effective in a backup role that protects him a bit from injury.

Would prefer they get more of a “2C” type of center. Patrick centering the 3rd line would make this team incredibly deep and give him more time to see if he can develop into the 2C in the future.

Top line winger acquisition is a must and helps solidify a deep top 9 on this team. I think having guys like Lindblom pegged for 1st or 2nd line duties is a reach next year and he would be phenomenal as one of the 3rd line wingers.

Totally on board with trading Jake as I think the team needs that “shake up” trade, as cliche as that sounds. I’m open if he gets traded for roster players or future needs and his cap space is used in FA.

On defense I would not be surprised to see a couple new faces on the blue line. Keep Provorov, Myers, Sanheim and everyone else is expendable to be traded for the right return. Someone as a top pair with Provy would be ideal. The overall team defense needs work as they give up way too many shots.

I think waiting till camp and seeing if Frost / Farabee can contribute next year is too hopeful. Not saying they can’t, but this team has so much opportunity with their cap space and deep prospect pool to squander FA and trades around the draft versus relying on those two at this point. The time to land this plane is this offseason and put the right pieces in place to make this team relevant again!

I think Frost and Farabee will be Flyers next year ... and if it comes down to one of them, Farabee will be a Flyer because playing in college readies you for playing against men

For trading roster players:
    The “I’ve seen enough to know how this ends... they are loved, welcome to stay, but if it can land us something better now or in the future - bye bye” group
    - Voracek
    - Ghost
    - Laughton
    - Hagg

The “we better get a franchise changing haul back in a trade, but I’m ok with trading ultimately” group
    - Patty
    - Provorov

Please just get AMac off the team somehow

Replace from within unless you can pull of a franchise defining trade (and win the trade) ... I don’t want any FAs for this team because we have plenty of wings or “could be” wings coming ... we need a 1st/2nd line center “next year” ... could be Frost, with a big offensive leap could be Patty, could be traded for ... but no one fits this bill in FA and we are stocked with wings that are ready to play in the pipeline

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I think Frost and Farabee will be Flyers next year ... and if it comes down to one of them, Farabee will be a Flyer because playing in college readies you for playing against men

For trading roster players:
    The “I’ve seen enough to know how this ends... they are loved, welcome to stay, but if it can land us something better now or in the future - bye bye” group
    - Voracek
    - Ghost
    - Laughton
    - Hagg

The “we better get a franchise changing haul back in a trade, but I’m ok with trading ultimately” group
    - Patty
    - Provorov

Please just get AMac off the team somehow

Replace from within unless you can pull of a franchise defining trade (and win the trade) ... I don’t want any FAs for this team because we have plenty of wings or “could be” wings coming ... we need a 1st/2nd line center “next year” ... could be Frost, with a big offensive leap could be Patty, could be traded for ... but no one fits this bill in FA and we are stocked with wings that are ready to play in the pipeline
    Theres not a single winger in the pipeline that you can pencil in for 80+ pts next year.

Panarin makes sense as an offseason targrt

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Theres not a single winger in the pipeline that you can pencil in for 80+ pts next year.

Panarin makes sense as an offseason targrt
    The cost doesn’t make sense based on where we are at. I haven’t seen one rumor linking him here, and I don’t think we’d be the highest bidder considering we have JVR signed at 7m ... so I don’t think the breadman is an option either

The cost doesn’t make sense based on where we are at. I haven’t seen one rumor linking him here, and I don’t think we’d be the highest bidder considering we have JVR signed at 7m ... so I don’t think the breadman is an option either
    You could probably get him at $9M.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    You could probably get him at $9M.
    9m x 5? X 6 ... no thanks on that. I’d rather get EK at 12 for 5 or 6

9m x 5? X 6 ... no thanks on that. I’d rather get EK at 12 for 5 or 6
    I want no parts of EK at $12M for 6 years

Trade Voracek for a prospect and 3rd round pick retaining some of his salary. Try to sign Panarin to pair with G and Couts. Your 2nd line of JVR Patty Konecny. 3rd line Lindblom Frost Farabee and Raffl Laughton Hartman or whoever makes the team out of camp. Buy out MacD or trade him for a bag of pucks if possible. I'd like to see Provy and Myers, Sanheim and Gudas, Morin and Ghost with Hagg as the 7th. Let Neuvy walk and trade Talbot, either resign Elliot or find a vet to pair with Hart.

I'm wondering if it would be worth offer sheeting one of the RFA's available? Patrik Laine, Kyle Connor, Matthew Tkachuk, Sebastian Aho, Mitch Marner, Miko Rantanen, Brayden Point? Would trying to trade for one of these players right be something worth Fletcher exploring? He's got to do something that will bring some excitement back to this team....Look at what Bryce Harper has done for the Phillies so far this season (I know it's early), he's brought energy back to a lifeless fan base...

Right now I think the Flyers are possible 4th out of 4 major teams that the fans are excited about....1.) Eagles, 2.) Sixers, 3.) Phillies, 4.) Flyers.

The Flyers don't have a budding superstar/superstar talent....Eagles have Wentz....Sixers have Embiid and Simmons....Phillies have Harper, Nola, Hoskins......Who do the Flyers have that make you want to see game in and game out? I don't think Giroux, Voracek, Ghost, Patrick, JVR, Provy, or even Hart (at this point in time) make you want to shell out ticket money to go see multiple times a year.....They don't have a Lindros type player anymore....they have to find one....hopefully it'll be this offseason because they can't go into next season with the same corp of players....they are not good enough.
    Last edited by SportsNutMike; 04-05-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Trade Voracek for a prospect and 3rd round pick retaining some of his salary. Try to sign Panarin to pair with G and Couts. Your 2nd line of JVR Patty Konecny. 3rd line Lindblom Frost Farabee and Raffl Laughton Hartman or whoever makes the team out of camp. Buy out MacD or trade him for a bag of pucks if possible. I'd like to see Provy and Myers, Sanheim and Gudas, Morin and Ghost with Hagg as the 7th. Let Neuvy walk and trade Talbot, either resign Elliot or find a vet to pair with Hart.
    You should probably get more than a prospect & a 3rd if you're trading a PPG 29 year old winger on an attractive deal -- we all may be frustrated with him, but he's still a damn good player. And if we're going to give him up, I want to win the trade.

Also, CHI did their part -- they're up 6-1 against DAL. PHI just needs to lose to lock in the 10 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Not sold on keeping Talbot. I'd like to resign Elliot and rotate Hart & Elliot. Hopefully we can dump MacDonald. If someone blew me away with an offer for Voracek I'd be trading him. Sign Panarin and either sign a 3C or hope Frost can fill that role. Need to decide if Gordon is the coach or someone else. If Gordon isn't going to be the coach, make him an assistant. He has coached all the younger players. Also need to up grade the PK (be it with different players or a different coach).
    If they go with a new coach I don’t think you can keep Gordon around. I get it, he may be a loyal soldier type guy but with this team you need a new guy and clean slate. You don’t want anyone from the old regime around. Has to be all fresh and new. Not saying that can’t work, but the reality no new coach wants the old guys around.

Also, nothing against Elliott....he’s been injured two years in a row so that’s still a concern. Yes the reduced workload would reduce those chances, but still has to be a factor in making sure we have a stable duo back there. Talbot may not be a world beater but with as little work as he got I wuoldn’t Hold his performance in the few spots he got here against him. I wouldn’t be upset if they signed Elliott to be the back up.....I’m just leery after the last two years of riding the injury wagon in that position. Heck, even Hart was out a little this year so we need to have the back up not be too fragile

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    If they go with a new coach I don’t think you can keep Gordon around. I get it, he may be a loyal soldier type guy but with this team you need a new guy and clean slate. You don’t want anyone from the old regime around. Has to be all fresh and new. Not saying that can’t work, but the reality no new coach wants the old guys around.

Also, nothing against Elliott....he’s been injured two years in a row so that’s still a concern. Yes the reduced workload would reduce those chances, but still has to be a factor in making sure we have a stable duo back there. Talbot may not be a world beater but with as little work as he got I wuoldn’t Hold his performance in the few spots he got here against him. I wouldn’t be upset if they signed Elliott to be the back up.....I’m just leery after the last two years of riding the injury wagon in that position. Heck, even Hart was out a little this year so we need to have the back up not be too fragile
    It depends...I think Elliott is a better goalie that Talbot, if he's healthy. Unfortunately, after two injury-plagued seasons (including serious core muscle injuries), I don't know if Elliott will ever be 100% again. But I do like him quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    It depends...I think Elliott is a better goalie that Talbot, if he's healthy. Unfortunately, after two injury-plagued seasons (including serious core muscle injuries), I don't know if Elliott will ever be 100% again. But I do like him quite a bit
    I think if you believe in Hart to shoulder the load next season, that should help Elliot stay healthy. If you're asking Elliot for 30 starts, and they're more spread out, he can handle that. Or I'd hope he can handle it.

Page 1 of 153 1231151101 ... LastLast