Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1650

Thread: Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i don't think any gm is that stupid...hopefully. Don't think that rumor has any traction to it really.

Hayes, on the other hand, I think wants 6.5-7
    6.5 and 7 is out of the question, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    6.5 and 7 is out of the question, I hope.
    i honestly think we should be prepared for 6.5 and 7. Hayes has the leverage here really. He knows the flyers want him and if we won't offer that then he can easily go and get it somewhere else.

i honestly think we should be prepared for 6.5 and 7. Hayes has the leverage here really. He knows the flyers want him and if we won't offer that then he can easily go and get it somewhere else.
    I値l pass. I知 not prepared for 7 years of anything

Same here. let him walk, and eat the loss of the 5th at that point.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

I think some of us here like to underestimate other players values if they arent under 23.

Andrew Shaw is 27, signed for 3 more years at 3.5 mil. coming off a 19 goal and 48 pt season. He did this in 63 games. That's a 25 goal 62 pt pace. He also comes with some sandpaper in his game. This bonafide top 6 production.

Paul byron is 30. Under contract for 3 more years right around that 3.5 number as well. Hes coming off a season where he scored 15 goals and had 31 pts in 56 games. This had him on pace for his 3rd straight 20 goal season and what would have been a career high of 45 pts. This isnt bottom of the barrel production either.

I would actually consider a deal for ghost that involved shaw and something else. Byron I would consider a throw in sweetener to a deal. For byron to be apart of the deal I think the main piece would have to be better than shaw.

But I need not remind you guys again, the pending expansion is something to start preparing for now rather than later. At this point, the flyers dont have simple protection list for the draft. The closer the draft gets, the lower value the guys on the protection bubble will have.

Basically my point is there are likely decent to good deals for ghost out there that involve Shaw or Byron

I'd consider 7 to keep his AAV under 5.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I'd consider 7 to keep his AAV under 5.
    It痴 too much to pay a 32 - 34 year old 4th line center unless you池e banking on a lockout? That is why JVR got paid 7m; kept term at 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I think some of us here like to underestimate other players values if they arent under 23.

Andrew Shaw is 27, signed for 3 more years at 3.5 mil. coming off a 19 goal and 48 pt season. He did this in 63 games. That's a 25 goal 62 pt pace. He also comes with some sandpaper in his game. This bonafide top 6 production.

Paul byron is 30. Under contract for 3 more years right around that 3.5 number as well. Hes coming off a season where he scored 15 goals and had 31 pts in 56 games. This had him on pace for his 3rd straight 20 goal season and what would have been a career high of 45 pts. This isnt bottom of the barrel production either.

I would actually consider a deal for ghost that involved shaw and something else. Byron I would consider a throw in sweetener to a deal. For byron to be apart of the deal I think the main piece would have to be better than shaw.

But I need not remind you guys again, the pending expansion is something to start preparing for now rather than later. At this point, the flyers dont have simple protection list for the draft. The closer the draft gets, the lower value the guys on the protection bubble will have.

Basically my point is there are likely decent to good deals for ghost out there that involve Shaw or Byron
    Hard pass on both. Shaw has never shown that kind of ability before last season, and he can't stay healthy.

If I were to consider a Ghost deal, I want a young impact forward coming back, or a blue chip (read: expansion exempt) defenseman. If we can get Boqvist or Quinn Hughes, I'll listen. But why would we do this deal? We get two middle six (at best) pieces that don't solve any issues for an elite offensive defenseman on a great contract.

This move is pure, unvarnished idocy. If Fletcher even considers it, he should be fired.

Anything less and we keep Ghost.
    Last edited by Ace23; 06-12-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Hard pass on both. Shaw has never shown that kind of ability before last season, and he can't stay healthy.

If I were to consider a Ghost deal, I want a young impact forward coming back, or a blue chip (read: expansion exempt) defenseman. If we can get Boqvist or Quinn Hughes, I'll listen. But why would we do this deal? We get two middle six (at best) pieces that don't solve any issues for an elite offensive defenseman on a great contract.

This move is pure, unvarnished idocy. If Fletcher even considers it, he should be fired.

Anything less and we keep Ghost.
    seriously. I don't care what shaw and byron did this year. We have no room for them anyway unless we start making some other moves. Easily can get someone like them via fa any other year. Would much rather have a 1st and a young player who has potential than that. However, I would like to keep ghost over all the other options unless its a connor type player. I really don't see the reason we have to trade ghost. He brings something that no other dman on this team brings. We can work our way around the expansion. Easily can go 8 skaters and leave voracek, hayes, lindblom unprotected. We can offer seattle something so they don't take our players. Lots of ways to be creative come expansion time. Im not going to trade an impactful and manageable asset for 20 cents on the dollar just because we might lose someone in 2 years...Our defense and goalie will be the biggest strength for years to come.

Aside from a Philadelphia championship, is there anything better than watching BOS fans leaving their own stadium in a SCF game 7?

happy for schenn. Wish he won it here

if only we traded for ryan oreilly...we literally want to trade our pick rn too lol. throw in anything else lol

if only we traded for ryan oreilly...we literally want to trade our pick rn too lol. throw in anything else lol
    Yup....oh well. Better STL than another BOS title.

i wonder how far we are from ever going to the final. If we don't do it in the giroux era, how behind will we be or will we be close?

i wonder how far we are from ever going to the final. If we don't do it in the giroux era, how behind will we be or will we be close?
    This current Flyers team isn't close. St louis has a very strong defense.

Page 69 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast