Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you like the Randal Grichuk signing?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

3 50.00%
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Ohtani is a generational player. He won't pitch this season, hitting only.
    Didn't know that. Thanks.

Don't look now but Diaz has almost the same WAR as Grichuk in a fraction of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Don't look now but Diaz has almost the same WAR as Grichuk in a fraction of the games.
    And Trent Thornton has three times the fWAR as Diaz. I don't get why you are comparing Grichuk to Diaz?

I'm fan of Diaz but the return was pretty good in Thornton but only if he can keep logging innings. Next season will be big for him. That funky delivery screams of potential issues.

There's a case to be made against the Grichuk extension but the trade itself was a pretty good get. Greene has retired from baseball and Leone has an ERA over 7 this year

I wouldn't undo either of the trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    There's a case to be made against the Grichuk extension but the trade itself was a pretty good get. Greene has retired from baseball and Leone has an ERA over 7 this year
    The trade was fine. I still have no problem with that. The extension however was unnecessary. Hopefully he will be flipped for prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    The trade was fine. I still have no problem with that. The extension however was unnecessary. Hopefully he will be flipped for prospects.
    Agreed. I can't really see any team giving much up for him unless he improves that OBP. He's still young(ish) and has decent power. Just needs to put it together

Iím fine with the trade. It was reminiscent of the Yunel and Rasmus trades years ago. The extension is mind boggling though.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Iím fine with the trade. It was reminiscent of the Yunel and Rasmus trades years ago. The extension is mind boggling though.
    Still time to turn it around and as long as he keeps getting into these late season hot steaks it will be hard to give up on his tools.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Yup. He would've hit arbitration this off-season and next. Total flinch on Atkins part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    And Trent Thornton has three times the fWAR as Diaz. I don't get why you are comparing Grichuk to Diaz?
    Because Diaz ain't making $10M!!!!!!! Putting up the same WAR for a fraction of what Grichuk is making in a fraction of the games played..
    Last edited by FLeays; 08-15-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I'm fan of Diaz but the return was pretty good in Thornton but only if he can keep logging innings. Next season will be big for him. That funky delivery screams of potential issues.
    Definitely want to see more of what Thornton could do. ERA+ is very ugly and it doesn't bode well for his future. Also a .9 WAR for a starting pitcher says replacement.

Still could flash something in 2020.

Definitely want to see more of what Thornton could do. ERA+ is very ugly and it doesn't bode well for his future. Also a .9 WAR for a starting pitcher says replacement.

Still could flash something in 2020.
    He's had some pretty great starts for a meh kind of pitcher. Hopefully he puts it together and doesn't become this regimes Drew Hutchison.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425