Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Looking to the Offseason

Coming up on the end of this season, even not making the playoffs I still view it as a success. Even with the progress seen this season, we still have some holes that need to be filled. We have no 1st rounder this draft so when we usually focus on the lottery, I figure we can focus on areas of improvement.

1. What was the biggest surprise or bright spot of the season?

2. What areas would you like to see improved for next season?

3. What offseason moves would you like to see?

4. What offseason moves are realistic possibilities?

1-I think Bagley was easily the bright spot. When we drafted him I was worried how good he would be. Watching him now I see him as a stud. He has the whole package. He will be 1 of the dominant big men in this game. I don't know who will be better Bagley or Doncic but I think Bagley will be a stud.

2-I dont think we need any 1 area to improve just get better.

3-My issue is Willie Caulie Stein. I think the Kings are better with him than without him. However I think he is just a decent player that fits the Kings style. The question now becomes where does he fit in with the Kings. Projecting 2 years from now is he going to start over Giles and Bagley? Will WCS be happy being the 3rd big on the team? The bigger question would be is the money he is going to get this offseason be worthy of his value to the Kings? My guess is no to the value. He is likely going to get more money than what his value will be to the Kings. All its going to take is 1 team in this league to over value him and he will be gone. I give the percent chance of him being on the Kings next year around 20 percent.

I would like to see the Kings go hard for Durant. I honestly believe the Kings have a shot at Durant.

4-I think Durant is realistic. Kings can offer him the max. The Warriors can offer more but I don't think he is going back. Durant has already chased a championship in someone elses shadow, my gut feeling is he wants to be the man and not be a follower again. I think zero chance he goes to the Lakers. The Kings are like Durant said 1 player away, that 1 player is Durant.

I think more players will consider the Kings a attractive landing. I expect the Kings will sign a quality player this off season.

1. What was the biggest surprise or bright spot of the season?

Bright spot: Giles. Improved throughout the season and showed that he's finally past his injury issues.

Biggest Surprise: Buddy Hield establishing himself as a top-end shooting guard.

2. What areas would you like to see improved for next season?

Rebounding, Interior Defense, Offensive execution in half-court sets.

3. What offseason moves would you like to see?

Backup PG, SF depth, Starting Center who isn't soft.

4. What offseason moves are realistic possibilities?

Bojan Bogdanovic & Nikola Vucevic are the 2 names that come to mind.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

1) Bagley was my biggest surprise. I wasn’t high on him going into the draft. Then I was even more worried after summer league. The guy is a stud though. He’s going to be one of the better bigs in the league.

2) Interior defense. Also the team needs to learn to hit free throws.

3) Veteran backup PG, defensive-minded center.

4) Trade for Tristan Thompson

1) Buddy's growth as a top guard in the league was the biggest surprise for me.
    2) I agree with interior def being a priority
    3) would like to try to trade for Drummond
    4) realistically... i see a quality fa... and think Steven Adams is an attainable target