Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    And of course this team does absolutely nothing in or during the trade deadline to get help. While other teams actually try to get better what do the Red Sox do nothing. This is why a lot of Us canít take this team has a serious contender. What a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    And of course this team does absolutely nothing in or during the trade deadline to get help. While other teams actually try to get better what do the Red Sox do nothing. This is why a lot of Us canít take this team has a serious contender. What a complete joke.
    Red Sox just traded you to another forum for cash considerations. Just out of curiosity, what did the rival Yankees do?

Astros got Greinke

No way in heII would we be able to beat the in the playoffs. We were lucky to beat them last year. DD did the right thing and stood pat. We have a very bare cupboard in our farm system and have a few big time $ decisions to make in the next yr or 2. Must think long term and not just the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    Red Sox just traded you to another forum for cash considerations. Just out of curiosity, what did the rival Yankees do?

Probably one of the dumber tradelines I've seen us go through.

WS roster.... other than the bullpen. Certainly would no to trading benitendi, but Dalbec should have been traded.

He is blocked, he is 24 at AA, Ks a lot, poor contact skills, but has value. Apparently DD wants the 2013 Tigers. You can sell me on some improvement in the bullpen. You cannot sell me that it still didn't need an addition. This is coming from a person who HATES trading for relievers.

The only move dumber than this was the Yankees not adding an SP
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    Ha ha ha very funny. Wasnít there word that either them or the Astros were in trade talks to land either Madison Bumgarner or Zack Wheeler a guy I even mentioned the Red Sox should go after? I just donít get how so many can be ok with a team thatís second in blown saves and also be Ok with the top two guys the last few months being Sale and Price. Even if a guy like Wheeler was just a rental and made the Bullpen somewhat better itís still an improvement.
    Last edited by BSF101; 07-31-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Astros got Greinke

No way in heII would we be able to beat the in the playoffs. We were lucky to beat them last year. DD did the right thing and stood pat. We have a very bare cupboard in our farm system and have a few big time $ decisions to make in the next yr or 2. Must think long term and not just the rest of the season.
    But still even a small move would have still been better then nothing.

But still even a small move would have still been better then nothing.
    Sox did the right thing, they're thinking long term... let's be honest, they weren't winning anything this year. The Astros are the team to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Probably one of the dumber tradelines I've seen us go through.

WS roster.... other than the bullpen. Certainly would no to trading benitendi, but Dalbec should have been traded.

He is blocked, he is 24 at AA, Ks a lot, poor contact skills, but has value. Apparently DD wants the 2013 Tigers. You can sell me on some improvement in the bullpen. You cannot sell me that it still didn't need an addition. This is coming from a person who HATES trading for relievers.

The only move dumber than this was the Yankees not adding an SP
    The problem that I have with this is that it is completely dependent on a premise that was, by all measure, speculation on the part of an MLB beat guy. There haven't been any actual reports about someone WILLING to do a deal for Dalbec or Cassas... only speculation that "any deal would have to start with their top prospect."

I don't know about Dalbec being blocked. I definitely agree with the contact/k-rate issue but a position change for someone could alter things. Moving Devers to 1B (with Dalbec at 3B) could improve IF defense and prolong the effectiveness of Devers' bat. I'm not saying that it is the right thing, only that it's possible. I go back and forth on Dalbec as a prospect.

At this point the question is who do the redsox target in free agency to fix the pen. And can they get back under the cap in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    IMO I think DD stands pat. Target big names in the off season. I mean I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 move but it probably won't be a big name. Will Smith example UFA next year we can target him if Giants don't tag him. So It's either we stand pat where we are or get 1 reliever that's low cost to us.
    There's no way the giants make QO worth 18 mill to Will Smith.

It's crazy how much worse this team is doing from last year considering the only loses to the roster were Joe Kelly (who was mediocre in the regular season) and Craig Kimbrel.

about this

https://www.nj.com/sports/2019/08/ml...or-braves.html

I know its not a legit rumor and its more of a hypothetical at least until the winter comes and mookie is being shopped. But from a Stl standpoint I can tell you that you wont get either of those mentioned prospects from the Braves coming back from Stl end. Im not saying hes not worth it, I'm saying the farm system isnt deep and they arent trading either of Carlson or Gorman for a player with one year of control left. I dont see the Braves offering either of those prospects either.

Cardinals would probably offer Montero, O'Neil and a minor league arm at most. You could use Montero as a DH if he hits his way to the show but you dont need another corner infielder with Devers and Chavis.

I just base this on what they gave up for Goldschmidt. He like Betts was a MVP caliber player on the last year of his contract. Cardinals got burned on the Heyward deal for Miller who had more value than Weaver and Kelly at the time of the Heyward trade compared to the Goldschmidt trade. Kelly has worked out exceptionally well for Arizona and Weaver has been okay. Point stands that their values were extremely low at the trade though.

This 2019 Team Sucks.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

This 2019 Team Sucks.
    You're never satisfied ever! We had the best record last year won the worlds series and yet you still complained. I understand people getting upset but when we are doing well you always and I mean always find a way to be negative. If we are up 10-0 You will say. I wouldn't be surprised if this team blows it. I mean what Boston Fan says that? No one! When you say things like this me and other members now know you're not a true Redsox fan. What fan? Yankees maybe? You can say you are but you're not. Because no true Redsox fan would EVER say that. And other people will back me up on that. And that's one of the reasons why this thread is dead because people who are either new or been on awhile are tired of you complaining . So please dial it back.

End of Rant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast