Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44,353
    The farm system is weak, and we can't afford a $400+M contract. Trade him for 5 or 6 specs, and figure 2 will pay off well.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    You're never satisfied ever! We had the best record last year won the worlds series and yet you still complained. I understand people getting upset but when we are doing well you always and I mean always find a way to be negative. If we are up 10-0 You will say. I wouldn't be surprised if this team blows it. I mean what Boston Fan says that? No one! When you say things like this me and other members now know you're not a true Redsox fan. What fan? Yankees maybe? You can say you are but you're not. Because no true Redsox fan would EVER say that. And other people will back me up on that. And that's one of the reasons why this thread is dead because people who are either new or been on awhile are tired of you complaining . So please dial it back.

    End of Rant.

    A lot of fans say their team sucks when they arent meeting the level the team has set for itself from past performance. Doesnt make them not a fan of said team. It's actually childish and illogical to say a fan cant criticize the team for any reason. If a team thats expected to do well, compete for it all every year looks like its not that caliber of a team, its okay to say it sucks. Doesnt mean that will be the case in years going forward but theres nothing debating it currently to that person. It would be insane if the team was performing and he said the team sucked. Athletes in all sports are cut and/or traded all of the time when they dont meet their contract. Why you think a team not meeting the standards it set for itself cant be criticized is beyond rational comprehension.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    The farm system is weak, and we can't afford a $400+M contract. Trade him for 5 or 6 specs, and figure 2 will pay off well.
    im assuming you are talking about betts and getting 5 or 6 lotto tickets and no inside information tickets for a player coming up on his walk year and determined to hit free agency no matter where he plays next year. if not, and expecting higher end prospects back for him is completely illogical. you might get one high end prospect and two throws ins.

    basically you can expect to get more than what the dbacks got for goldie but far less than what the marlins got for yelich who wasnt an mvp type in miami but has far more control when traded.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    You're never satisfied ever! We had the best record last year won the worlds series and yet you still complained. I understand people getting upset but when we are doing well you always and I mean always find a way to be negative. If we are up 10-0 You will say. I wouldn't be surprised if this team blows it. I mean what Boston Fan says that? No one! When you say things like this me and other members now know you're not a true Redsox fan. What fan? Yankees maybe? You can say you are but you're not. Because no true Redsox fan would EVER say that. And other people will back me up on that. And that's one of the reasons why this thread is dead because people who are either new or been on awhile are tired of you complaining . So please dial it back.

    End of Rant.
    He def ruined the forum for me with the negativity.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    He def ruined the forum for me with the negativity.
    the disease is everywhere. no im not talking about negativity. i am talking about people and their feelers over things that honestly dont matter. if you cant ignore and get past negativity then thats a you issue not a him/her issue. even if these things did matter, feelers are still irrelevant. i just came back a few times to see if any of you wanted to talk about what bowden said. apparently not. couldnt help but to comment on some other things because they are just so cringe, and well cringe is entertainment.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A place called Paradise
    Posts
    15,155
    I don't think I have ever been more undecided on a prospect than Dalbec. Scary K-Rates, Meh contact at best, but for legit power. Dude has 35+ HR power
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    the disease is everywhere. no im not talking about negativity. i am talking about people and their feelers over things that honestly dont matter. if you cant ignore and get past negativity then thats a you issue not a him/her issue. even if these things did matter, feelers are still irrelevant. i just came back a few times to see if any of you wanted to talk about what bowden said. apparently not. couldnt help but to comment on some other things because they are just so cringe, and well cringe is entertainment.
    Cool story.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,365
    https://twitter.com/joonlee/status/1170914816250302466

    Mookie Betts comments on DD getting fired.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    17,930
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    I don't think I have ever been more undecided on a prospect than Dalbec. Scary K-Rates, Meh contact at best, but for legit power. Dude has 35+ HR power
    Same. I only like him because he could move Devers to 1B and prolong his career. He's a legit 3B defensively so that's a help.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Same. I only like him because he could move Devers to 1B and prolong his career. He's a legit 3B defensively so that's a help.
    You guys could just sign Rendon, or Moustakas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •