Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yikes. I'm shocked, TBH. A 2020 6th? At best a 5th??

I know that I had a higher value on him than most people, but a 6th? I think the Eagles got a steal.

Sucks that Pace couldn't get a 2019 pick.

Wow, just wow....I guess that I'll have to trust Pace.

I was part of the minority that wanted to keep Howard but with that said...I trust Pace

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I just dont understand how Ty Montgomery was worth a 7th in 2020 and Howard a 6th (maybe 5th)

Part of it is the off season and the ability to get your guy for free. its why i would have hung on till trade deadline Hope a stud gets hurt.and the need for Howard goes up. I mean if Gurley ends up messed up you think the Rams (contenders) would not offer more. How is Ajayi worth more with his injury and off field concerns. Skill set was the same (more or less) and they were both coming off poorer play. and he neted a 4th in that years draft.

Whatever. I dont mind moving on from howard. but i do believe there were ways to up his value. Hell I think somebody would have signed Howard in 2020 regardless if he played and given us a similar comp pick.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

One good thing that may be overlooked is that the Eagles are likely not goimg to need to draft a RB now. So imagining that Sanders and Montgomery likely take a slight dive in the draft..... As many times they have been mockes to the eagles.

-Rem Koolhaas

Not really thrilled with this, but time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing i do worry about it how its not just Howard that struggled. Mizzell and Cunningham both could not average over 2 YPC. And yes Cohen did but im not sure i buy that as he is a big play type of guy.

Hopefully we do find our guy. Personally leaning to David Montgomery right now. Maybe taking a shot at Love or Anderson. But we will have to see. Hard to imagine us just taking best RB left though. We gotta either have a secret stud...... Or a plan to get somebody.

-Rem Koolhaas

Hate that he went to Philly

Thanks Jordan, you were a bright spot for us in 2016 and 2017 when we didn't have very many.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Yikes. I'm shocked, TBH. A 2020 6th? At best a 5th??

I know that I had a higher value on him than most people, but a 6th? I think the Eagles got a steal.
    At best, the Eagles got themselves a decent 2 down back. But most likely they got a 3rd down back for a late rd pick. No matter how you slice it, the deal was not a steal.

You know what, though, it would not surprise me one bit if Philadelphia releases Howard at some point during the season.
    Screw sabermetics.

I just donít understand the hate on this trade. Here are some reasons why:

- CHI will receive a comp pick (essentially) a year earlier than they would have and it is guaranteed. Howard wasnít going to play, or at least play well, in CHI, so his value was going to keep dropping. I donít see any way CHI secured a higher pick than a 5th in 2021 after Howard signed elsewhere.

- It saves CHI another 2 million. Money is always helpful.

- We all know Howard wasnít a fit here. It was not going to get better. People complain that Nagy should change his play calling for Howard, but I ask why? Nagy has a system he trusts and is proven. Why differ his big plan to suit one player? It makes no sense to me. We saw the offense stall time and time again last year when Howard was in the field. Pace should get guys that fit the system that worked much better without Howard.

- I donít see CHI carrying 4 RBs this year. I think they did that in 2018 because Cohen & Cunningham were returners. Patterson will now serves as the kick returner and 4th RB IMO. So CHI already has 3/4 of their RB combo on the roster. That only leaves room for the inevitable rookie pick this year.

- Keeping Howard as depth when he doesnít fit doesnít help. Keep guys who make the team better and deeper, not guys who donít fit because they are already on the roster.

- When would fans/teams not like an even better return when they move a player? The reality is Pace took the best offer he could. I know that because he traded Howard to the team that knocked CHI out of the playoffs last year. That tells me two things: 1) It was the best offer and 2) They donít fear Howard. If either of those werenít true this trade never would have happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It simply comes down to value. If we had gotten more i was fine (and most were except Howard fanboys). But a 5th or 6ths next year is basically the equluivalant of a 6th or 7th this year. Its nothing. I just would have held onto him. Maybe Run I im in a rotational role showcasing him in formations that fit his style and not forcing hin into ones that don't. Maybe not carry Burton if your really worried about roster space (only played 4.5% of snaps anyway)

I just dont think u get good trade value in the off-season. Teams in need of a RB .think they can just draft a guy( who often ends up closer to Ronald Jones then Alvin Lamar's or sign a guy and everything works out. I think he is worth more to a team at deadline. A team looking to make a push. Like i have brought up. Jay Ajayi is worth a 4th b4 the deadline why. 1 half extra year on his deal. Jordan Howard was worth a 3rd last season at deadline. Now he is worth scraps.

I seriously don't mind moving on from howard. But if worst came to worst u let him walk and hope some team pays him hoping he can run like he did. U hope for a comp pick. And if u dont get one (god forbid) u trade down a few spots from your 2nd to pick one up if u need it that bad.

I just think its really clear the Eagles won this deal. They could easily end up with a free year of Jordan Howard. Maybe even getring a better comp pick then they give up.

The only rational reason not to keep howard though i will admit is that u probably should not hold hin hostage on your bench. But like i stated I think you can create a role and allow him to showcase himself for trade and FA.

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast