Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 146 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Lol and we have people in here wanting to fire Callaway after a 2-0 start. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Callaway demonstrated last year he was a terrible manager. And he's showing it again already this season.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its absolutely ridiculous. Show some humility. The Orioles are still a major league team that will win 55-60 games. The Yankees aren't going to beat them every time they play. They would **** themselves if they had to play in this division because they wouldn't get multiple pushovers in the NL East like they have in the AL East.
    I was reading some of the Yankee comments in PSD. Apparently Stanton and Andujar striking out in key situations yesterday is precisely the reason they will not win this year.

Full disclosure: When the 1986 Mets lost the fifth game of the season to start with a 2-3 record. I declared to my office colleagues that the Mets do not have any heart. Then they won 11 in a row. To this day I take credit.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Mike Puma reports Mets have been checking in on Keuchel and Kimbrel

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

If I had a choice I would get Kimbrel, I just think the pen needs a bit more help than the rotation. But I’ll take either of the two and be happy.

San Diego gets it.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Yup they "checked in" on Harper and Machado too

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Apparently Giancarlo to DL. Frazier is up. Wonder if Frazier makes it impossible to bring him down

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If I had a choice I would get Kimbrel, I just think the pen needs a bit more help than the rotation. But I’ll take either of the two and be happy.

Me too. I just don't see Kimbrel agreeing to a situation where he'd get little to no chances at closing. Whereas Keuchel would slot right into the rotation, Vargas be damned. Other teams in Rosenthal's note include Padres (Keuchel only) and Brewers (Kimbrel only). I imagine there's got to be others. An inflated 1-year offer might do the trick for either one but the draft pick compensation for a one year player is a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    San Diego gets it.

Love it.

keith Hernandez
    ‏Verified account @keithhernandez

Pete Alonso has been very impressive so far. He has showed me impressive strength, the line drive he hit in game 2 off the right -center field fence stunned me. Only Stanton hits line drives that hard. He has shown good plate discipline (Good eye at plate) thus far.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Problem with Kimbrel is there will be a team that will have him close so I think he chooses them over us. Keuchel probably more likely but then again I doubt we just bench Vargas.

IMO, Vargas, Frazier, Lagares and D'Arnaud are all on the bubble. But the most we can hope for any of them in a trade is partial salary relief. I hope they all do well enough to attract some interest.

Granted it has been only 3 games, but I can say that BA's Scouting Report on Pete Alonso has been wrong.

Just saying.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Granted it has been only 3 games, but I can say that BA's Scouting Report on Pete Alonso has been wrong.

Just saying.
    What's more surprising is that many scouts said he couldn't hit the break ball.

But watching him in real games, he recognizes the break ball very well. I think I saw him swing bad on two pitches only (Even though one was against a nasty Scherzer slider).

They also said he was a butcher in the field. Not saying he's Keith Hernandez, but I've seen nothing in his defensive game that concerns me. He saved several bad throws this weekend. Maybe he doesn't have speed or range, but he's a slugging 1B so that's expected.

The more I see him, the more I believe this was all just a narrative created to explain away his continued languishing in the minors.

Page 3 of 146 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast