Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 244 of 260 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 3892
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It wouldn't have been nice to have Wheeler in a spot where deGrom went down to injury. I like Stroman but the move was made as a hedge to letting Wheeler walk, which we know was money related. Its fine. Stroman has been very good. Does he have the ceiling of Wheeler? No. Will he probably get paid as much if not more than Wheeler this offseason? Yeah probably.

I dont think anyone is whining per se. I just think they don't like the fact that he's been so good for a division rival and the only reason they let him walk is because the Wilpons are cheap.

But you're right, the offense is the biggest bugaboo. They need to be cognizant of what Syndergaard and Carrasco's timelines are as well.
    I’d trade Stroman for Wheeler straight up. I’ll give you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Stroman as a Met has a 2.94 ERA in 25 starts.

He’s been amazing. The splitter he’s developed has been a true game-changer for him. It’s given him another swing and miss pitch and GB pitch. Hitters are hitting .186/.200/.256 (30 wRC+) against his splitter and he has a 19% SwStr% with the pitch. As a result, his SwStr% has risen to 12% this season which is now above league average. His career SwStr% before this season was 9-10%.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It wouldn't have been nice to have Wheeler in a spot where deGrom went down to injury. I like Stroman but the move was made as a hedge to letting Wheeler walk, which we know was money related. Its fine. Stroman has been very good. Does he have the ceiling of Wheeler? No. Will he probably get paid as much if not more than Wheeler this offseason? Yeah probably.

I dont think anyone is whining per se. I just think they don't like the fact that he's been so good for a division rival and the only reason they let him walk is because the Wilpons are cheap.

But you're right, the offense is the biggest bugaboo. They need to be cognizant of what Syndergaard and Carrasco's timelines are as well.
    I’d still be surprised if Stroman gets Wheeler’s contract, despite his performance. I hope we bring him back, he belongs in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I’d still be surprised if Stroman gets Wheeler’s contract, despite his performance. I hope we bring him back, he belongs in NYC.
    If he finishes the season the way he’s started it, he might get better than Wheeler’s contract.

Pitcher Yennsey Diaz had been recalled as the 27th man for the doubleheader.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    If he finishes the season the way he’s started it, he might get better than Wheeler’s contract.
    I still think his size will hurt him with teams scared about him breaking down sooner rather than later.

It’s hard to break bias. We’ll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I still think his size will hurt him with teams scared about him breaking down sooner rather than later.

It’s hard to break bias. We’ll see what happens.
    That’s true, he is tiny.

Atlanta rained out Saturday and have split doubleheader on Sunday instead - before their Monday doubleheader with the Mets.

https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...748598272?s=21

So Sewald does the Bouer bull ****?

https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...748598272?s=21

So Sewald does the Bouer bull ****?

Hey man, if hitters are gonna style and pose and dance on the basepaths...

Oh I don’t care but since when? Lmao

https://twitter.com/anthonydicomo/st...723569152?s=21

So were they fired for dating? Or is this because they were terrible at handling harassment in the workplace?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    So were they fired for dating? Or is this because they were terrible at handling harassment in the workplace?
    Probably the latter given all the relatively recent headlines.

https://twitter.com/sabr/status/1407381869486870532

SABR@sabr
    The @Mets' Francisco Lindor leads all NL defenders in the #SABR Defensive Index rankings through
    @MLB games of June 13. Find the full positional SDI rankings here: http://sabr.org/sdi/2021-06-13
    @RawlingsSports

uh-oh

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."