Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 226 of 241 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3615
    Glad to see the White Sox playing well (my 2nd favorite team after the Mets) showing last year wasnt a fluke. Its a shame they lost Jimenez and Roberts for a majority of the season. I see a lot of parallels to the Mets. Good SP, good bullpen, some good young hitters or at least guys in their offensive prime. Hope we face them in the WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Didnt the Mets do the same for Cano.
    No. They also got Diaz. But Fregosi was the sole return for Ryan, Stanton, Rose, and Estrada.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    No. They also got Diaz. But Fregosi was the sole return for Ryan, Stanton, Rose, and Estrada.
    Mets traded two scrubs to the Ms as well and they did get at the time what was a young elite closer.

As bad as the Cano/Diaz trade was, at least Cano and Diaz have produced for the team, even if Cano is suspended.

MW69 mentioned it but people should clown the White Sox for trading Tatis because its not like Shields was ever good for the White Sox.

Rockies should be clowned for Arenado, Marlins for Yelich/Stanton, Jays for Syndergaard, etc etc.

Mets definitely lost that trade but they received an elite arm in the process...more than a lot of teams can say for trading their established stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resum

All teams have horrible trades in their history. It happens, just try to minimize them.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Glad to see the White Sox playing well (my 2nd favorite team after the Mets) showing last year wasnt a fluke. Its a shame they lost Jimenez and Roberts for a majority of the season. I see a lot of parallels to the Mets. Good SP, good bullpen, some good young hitters or at least guys in their offensive prime. Hope we face them in the WS.
    Except our young hitters aren't close in comparison to their young hitters. I'd take Jimenez and Robert over every one of our starters, and Madrigal over most... Maybe all. Would be insane if they still had Tatis.

By the way, Lindors average is now over the Mendoza line to .202.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Except our young hitters aren't close in comparison to their young hitters. I'd take Jimenez and Robert over every one of our starters, and Madrigal over most... Maybe all. Would be insane if they still had Tatis.
    Sure, they have better young talent but I still think this lineup is capable of more. Not like the Mets have a bunch of old position players around the diamond either. Most guys are in their primes or just entering them.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Sure, they have better young talent but I still think this lineup is capable of more. Not like the Mets have a bunch of old position players around the diamond either. Most guys are in their primes or just entering them.
    Theyre definitely capable of more.

Lindor is at least a league average hitter, Conforto is consistently 20% better than average, Pete has been hitting, McNeil has been elite these past few years, JD is an elite bat, Nimmo has a strike zone cheat code activated, and Dom has shown to be phenomenal these past few years...Im willing to give him a pass for a slow start.

The only one I dont believe in is McCann. Even Villar and Pillar are below average but are quality for depth pieces.

Maybe search for a bat or two with the intention of platooning. Acquire more players like JD so that when JDs go down, there are people like him to produce in his stead. Not necessarily everyday players but people who can play 60% of the time if they were asked.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resum

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Theyre definitely capable of more.

Lindor is at least a league average hitter, Conforto is consistently 20% better than average, Pete has been hitting, McNeil has been elite these past few years, JD is an elite bat, Nimmo has a strike zone cheat code activated, and Dom has shown to be phenomenal these past few years...Im willing to give him a pass for a slow start.

The only one I dont believe in is McCann. Even Villar and Pillar are below average but are quality for depth pieces.

Maybe search for a bat or two with the intention of platooning. Acquire more players like JD so that when JDs go down, there are people like him to produce in his stead. Not necessarily everyday players but people who can play 60% of the time if they were asked.

We don't need any more JD's. JD is not a fit, at least not until there's a DH.

Pillar and Villar are great bench pieces, but I don't want them playing as much as they are right now long-term. Nimmo needs to stay healthy, and I'd love to trade for a real 3B.

I'm very worried about McNeil. He's swinging for power when he is not a power hitter and the ball is dead. He's never going to turn it around with that uppercut swing.

All Things NL East & Around Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    We don't need any more JD's. JD is not a fit, at least not until there's a DH.

Pillar and Villar are great bench pieces, but I don't want them playing as much as they are right now long-term. Nimmo needs to stay healthy, and I'd love to trade for a real 3B.

I'm very worried about McNeil. He's swinging for power when he is not a power hitter and the ball is dead. He's never going to turn it around with that uppercut swing.
    Im not worried at all about McNeil. Hes too good of a hitter not to adjust. Hes a .300+ hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Im not worried at all about McNeil. Hes too good of a hitter not to adjust. Hes a .300+ hitter.
    Hope so!

All Things NL East & Around Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Hope so!
    I just checked his stats and thought theyd be worse.

His wRC+ is 103 coming into today. Hes not squaring up the ball much, but hes hitting into some rotten luck. His plate discipline is much improved as hes walked more than hes struck out.

First hit for Kelenic? A two run homer. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I just checked his stats and thought theyd be worse.

His wRC+ is 103 coming into today. Hes not squaring up the ball much, but hes hitting into some rotten luck. His plate discipline is much improved as hes walked more than hes struck out.
    He was never a big strikeout guy, but he popping a ton of balls up. That's not bad luck, that's a bad approach. He's not doing everything wrong - his pull rate is way down and his opposite field % is the highest it's ever been - but his line drives are way down, GB and fly balls up.